Sign in to follow this  
pete

What happened to Bielek

Was pretty certain the CB 19 years from Arsenal was coming? now Reed joining. Really need CB''s now Martin signed up.

I asked this the other day in another thread - no one seemed to answer; this loan was supposedly all-but done and dusted before the u21 tournament, according to many (including the player)...

Yeah, strange one that. IIRC Bielik himself actually announced on social media that a loan move to Norwich was close? My guess is that Arsenal wanted to wait until after the U21 championships to see if he performed well and generated any interest, or perhaps his agent advised him to do the same to see if he could find a ''better'' club to go on loan too.

Bielik said that an agreement with Norwich ''or another club'' is close but nothing had been finalised.

He is currently on holiday after the U21 Championship and I guess any move will be finalised when he gets back.

We have two loanees already don''t believe we can sign any from PL.

Huddersfield had 4 players on loan from Premier League teams last season.

I believe a team can''t have more than two players from one individual Premier League team and more than 5 domestic loan players in the match day squad.

I hadn''t quite twigged about loans the other week - I think in the PL you can''t have more than 2 ''home'' loans in total (ie excluding foreign as they count as transfers) but the football league is indeed much more lenient.

It''s only in the premiership that rule. We can have as many loans as we want but only 5 in the matchday squad.