Sign in to follow this  
Michael Bates

Money earnt/saved this summer

With the number of players leaving Carrie road and the new signings In, how much have we ''saved'' and how much will we be able to reinvest this window and the subsequent Windows?

With 7 senior premier league contracted players left to go for free, we must have saved at least 7.28m per year in wages (based on 7x 20k a week). And now we have sold three players for a rough combined 7m? ( 5+1+1) and saved another 50k a week (20+20+10) which adds 2.6m to the 7.28m. Meaning we must have reduced our wages by the absolute minimum 10m a year.

Now onto the incoming signings..

Watkins free ( wages probs equivalent to one of 7 released on average when you consider a sign on fee)

Vrancic 700k ( wages most probably less than average, 12k a week.. I''m plucking out an absolute guess there.. )

Gunn loan ( very low wages despite being at man city due to experience and age. Less than Rudd even possibly? )

Reed ( see the above for Gunn, Id expect he''s on a lower wage than our average earners at the club )

Zimmermann free ( he will be on peanuts since he''s only ever been a fourth tier german player to date )

All in all we''ve probs not even spent 2m on the five signed and all on wages most probably lower than the average that left us.

So with these huge savings in mind, how much does everyone think we will re-invest? Or are we really in the **** and actually we need to continue to sell and buy on a tight budget? Will we see bids in excess of 1m For example being made this summer for players?

someone with more knowledge will be able to give figures

i think we are getting close to a good level for wages which the club can afford this season its NEXT season the $hit hits the fan if we do not go up

it would really help to get Naismith and Jarvis off the wage bill two players that give very little for the money they cost

If you look at our wage bill during the last promotion season it was about £46m I think. Without parachute payments (and without any major player sales) then we will have income of circa £24m a season so I assume we need to knock about £20m off the wage bill over 2 seasons IF we stay down. So far this summer I reckon we''ve got about £10m off the wage bill with the players released and now also the players sold but obviously a few players in as well.