Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

R.I.P. Young Bradley Lowery.

The 6 year old lad who captured the hearts of every football fan passed away this afternoon at 1.35pm. No words needed.

A very sad loss, and as Jermaine Defoe states, it puts football into perspective. RIP Bradley, a battle lost but so bravely fought.

Football for the most part is fairly corrupt and crap but stories like Bradley''s and others (Nutty''s Rays Funds for example) are important to remind us that it can bring people together and raise awareness and support for lads like Bradley and his family.

So sad, such a brave little boy, always smiling despite what he was going through-he certainly touched the hearts of thousands during his fight. Jermain''s obvious affection for him was also very touching.

RIP Bradley

RIP Little man. bless his soul.Lets spare a thought for his family and also for his hero Jermaine Defoe who went above and beyond for Bradley and made his last few months happy.

RIP young Bradley you caught the hearts of our football nation.
Sadly there''s so many more devastating stories that are not so high profile. I watched a video today that I unashamedly admit brought a tear.
It''s always rankled with me that without fundraising these children''s hospices would cease to exist.

Yeah, it definitely rankles Nutty-I often ask myself why it should be up to the general public to put their hands in their pockets once again for research, etc, instead of the government funding it.

Bradley and his family were an inspiration to us all and the happiness & friendship Jermaine Defoe gave the little lad in his last few months was heart warming too.

Such a shame

Nutty I would like to make a donation of £20 to your pups in memory of Bradley. Can you give me an insight into how I can get this to you please?

Awful news. I mean we knew it was inevitable but still. My heart sank when they announced it on the radio.

The family must be inconsolable but at least they have the support of basically the entire country, which is a small comfort I suppose

[quote user="City 2nd"]Nutty I would like to make a donation of £20 to your pups in memory of Bradley. Can you give me an insight into how I can get this to you please?[/quote]
What a great gesture City 2nd. Thank you on behalf of our DS boys and girls.
Easiest way is via paypal to canaryeddie@aol.com which is also my email address. So if you don''t do paypal then email me and I''ll happily send you my postal address or any other way that we can work out between us.
I should point out that any donations we receive like this will always go straight into the presentation pot which presently stands at £402 after £2,000 was presented in March.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 2017-07-08 5:24 PM:

City 2nd wrote:

Nutty I would like to make a donation of £20 to your pups in memory of Bradley. Can you give me an insight into how I can get this to you please?

What a great gesture City 2nd. Thank you on behalf of our DS boys and girls.

Easiest way is via paypal to canaryeddie@aol.com which is also my email address. So if you don''t do paypal then email me and I''ll happily send you my postal address or any other way that we can work out between us.

I should point out that any donations we receive like this will always go straight into the presentation pot which presently stands at £402 after £2,000 was presented in March.

Thank you very much NN. Funds duly deposited in memory of Bradley, and I totally understand how it will be used. Thank you again.

Thank you again City 2nd, you''re a star[*]

And with £2335

for the CSF from the Pink Un Pledges, Euro 16 and donations we now have a total

of £7427 since we began and after £2,000

was presented on 18th March £422 is already banked for the next

presentation.