Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Bone - Superstar

The ex-Leeds contingent

So, Jonny Howson has gone to Boro - that''s the last of our recent ex Leeds signings gone then.

Out of the four that we signed - Howson, Johnson, Snodgrass and Becchio, who do you think was the most of a success from our point of view?

For me I would say Robert Snodgrass, partly because his spell was entirely Premier League and also because I think out of the four, he was the game changer - free kicks, dead ball situations and goals.

I was tempted to go for Becchio but thought better of it!

Snoddy by a mile.Johnson''s effort + Howson''s skill + Becchio''s fabled goal-scoring ability which all added up to Snoddy.No contest. [<:o)]

Difficult to pick between Snodgrass and Johnson but i am sure Lakey will be along shortly to make my mind up.

Becchio by a country mile, that guy was amazing. So good we had to fill his position in the squad with the equally brilliant Lafferty.

I really don''t get it… I''m pretty sure when Snodgrass was here, we used to moan about how much he slowed play down. We would have a counterattack, and he would cut back on his favoured left foot and the opportunity would be gone. He used to speak with a lot of passion during interviews, but he was a very selfish player, and although I really liked the squad we had when he was in it, Johnson and Howson have had a much greater effect on the team.

Before Jonny going, BJ was the last player I was really gutted to see leave. I wasn''t even that bothered when we sold Redmond, Olsson and Brady.

Probably BJ for me, just because of the 14/15 season.

Got to be Johnson for his work rate, commitment, desire, and not to mention the 15 goals that he produced from left wing of all places to get us back into the prem.Snoddy was an integral part of the reason we went down, Howson flattered to deceive too often and for too long in many games, and Becchio never even had chance to show us what he could genuinely offer.

Surely between Howson and Snodgrass. Far better players than Johnson.

Certainly far better players indeed GJP but for what they gave us, value for money etc...those 15 goals from Johnson was a major part of us getting prem football and the associated money...not to mention a very good transfer fee for him to boot!

To be honest bar Becchio they''ve all been very good additions for Norwich both on the pitch and financially.

Yup. You can''t take that season away from Johnson.

Interesting - so far it''s Snoddy in front on 7, BJ a close second on 6, only 1 for Howson which is surprising and 1 tongue in cheek for Becchio.

This includes those that couldn''t make their mond up.

I agree, they were all good signings and I think even Becchio could have been had he had a chance.