Sign in to follow this  
ABC (A Basingstoke Canary)

Farke's anger - better watch out....

Comment from DF:

“I was a little bit angry with the goal we conceded because I don’t like to concede goals, especially on such an annoying thing but all in all I’m pretty content with the work and the game today.”

If conceding a goal in a testimonial makes him "a little bit angry" - he would probably have been apoplectic after seeing videos of all the goals we conceded last season!

Woe betide anyone responsible for conceding a goal this season (and no, I''m not pointing any fingers at any of the captains).

I like the open and honest way he seems to be treating the fans - and going on the evidence so far (I know it''s early days yet) I applaud his approach and more power to his elbow!

Impressed by Daniel so far. Not convinced by Webber - but this appointment was the biggest call he had to make, and it looks a good one so far.

Could''ve easily been a quote from AN after one of his first games. To be honest we really won''t know the full measure of the guy for a good while yet. Look at the (second) start Adams had, after we beat Ipswich people were saying he was the next Paul Lambert.

It''s one thing knowing what our weaknesses are and how as a team we should correct them, it''s another thing entirely coaching these ideas into this group of players (mostly defenders) and getting them to apply them game after game. I don''t think even the most inept managers in our history would tell the players to all stand ball watching at once in a set piece but that doesn''t stop them doing it.

I like Farke from his interviews and what I''ve heard about him and I''m quietly confident about next year, but let''s not big this guy up too much before we''ve even played a competitive game. I think it''s important this season that we keep our expectations realistic, I think Webbers been trying to stress that as well. Even if Farke is a brilliant coach/manager he may get off to a rough start for whatever reason (acclimatization, players learning slowly, bad luck etc) I hope we stick with him though.