Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Full Webber Article From NCFC Site.

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2017/july/webber-on-howson/Only posted on there in the last couple of hours and explains fully the events surrounding the Dorrans and Howson transfers and it appears both wanted out before Farke even arrived and shows some unprofessional antics from Howson which surprised me. Webber goes on to say that we now have a happy squad and can move forward and add players which sort of flies in the face of this Oliviera story that has now surfaced.

It''s pretty clear, from Webber and the club, like I said to done now, we wait to see if this settled squad is intact and added to as he says.

Not really sure how I feel about this. It''s obviously one side of the story, and I''m not sure we needed Howson and Dorrans being thrown under the bus like that.I''m not really sure what he''s trying to achieve by it - that he really didn''t want Howson to go? When he''d already said we had to sell to buy?

I think Webber is being frank and honest with the fans who in the past have accused the club of not being transparent. We live in the age of dubious websites which fuel rumours that are often well wide of the mark. Rumours spread and before long are regarded as fact and i am delighted that at around 8pm on a Friday night the club have released this statement surrounding recent events and i for one believe Webber as opposed to some anonymous ill informed individual banging away on his keyboard.

Be interested to hear JH side of the story,

One of his main qualities was his professionalism, hard to imagine him not training properly and acting unprofessional.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]Not really sure how I feel about this. It''s obviously one side of the story, and I''m not sure we needed Howson and Dorrans being thrown under the bus like that.I''m not really sure what he''s trying to achieve by it - that he really didn''t want Howson to go? When he''d already said we had to sell to buy?[/quote]I think you just need to add the word ''flake'' to the end of of your username in order to make the rest of us fully aware of where your stance is on anything [:D]I''m surprised you''re not busying yourself in the current Hamburg rioting [:P]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I think Webber is being frank and honest with the fans who in the past have accused the club of not being transparent. We live in the age of dubious websites which fuel rumours that are often well wide of the mark. Rumours spread and before long are regarded as fact and i am delighted that at around 8pm on a Friday night the club have released this statement surrounding recent events and i for one believe Webber as opposed to some anonymous ill informed individual banging away on his keyboard.[/quote][Y]

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]Not really sure how I feel about this. It''s obviously one side of the story, and I''m not sure we needed Howson and Dorrans being thrown under the bus like that.I''m not really sure what he''s trying to achieve by it - that he really didn''t want Howson to go? When he''d already said we had to sell to buy?[/quote]
Like you said we''ve only heard one side of the story, but if it''s true that we really did offer Howson a new and improved contract to keep him here, he''s clearly one of the players SW and DF didn''t want to lose. Which in itself implies that they deemed Howson able to play a role in the system we''ll be playing this season. 
It''s harsh but I don''t really have a problem with us releasing a statement like this even if it is painting Howson in a bad light - he''s not our player any more and the new guys in charge need to protect themselves and the club from discontent when possible.

I''m really glad he made this statement. Despite him being very frank about the state of the finances and the fact every player has a price in the he past all I''ve seen is people throwing mud at the club.

Various forums, twitter accounts, Facebook groups are slagging the club off for selling Jonny, the announcement on the clubs official Facebook page had 160 comments within minutes, most of them negative!

Webber probably thought enough is enough and decided to put his own side of the story out. I don''t really like what he had to say but I''m happy he''s actually come out and said it. The club has been slagged off for lack of communication in the past so it''s now really good to see him come out fighting to defend them!

I''m both nervous and excited about the new season and that''s got to be better than being resigned to more of the same!

[quote user="tired"][quote user="Icecream Snow"]Not really sure how I feel about this. It''s obviously one side of the story, and I''m not sure we needed Howson and Dorrans being thrown under the bus like that.I''m not really sure what he''s trying to achieve by it - that he really didn''t want Howson to go? When he''d already said we had to sell to buy?[/quote]
Like you said we''ve only heard one side of the story, but if it''s true that we really did offer Howson a new and improved contract to keep him here, he''s clearly one of the players SW and DF didn''t want to lose. Which in itself implies that they deemed Howson able to play a role in the system we''ll be playing this season. 
It''s harsh but I don''t really have a problem with us releasing a statement like this even if it is painting Howson in a bad light - he''s not our player any more and the new guys in charge need to protect themselves and the club from discontent when possible.
[/quote]Which is true, I suppose I''m so used to the usual saccharin-coated PR releases that are deliberately written to be as bland and inoffensive as possible. The only others things I can think of that compare to this was the Doomcaster fess up over the McKenzie/Cotterill debacle, and the Huckerby interview with Nigel Worthington "Don''t come to me at Christmas and tell me to buy Dean Ashton"(when the board decided he was too expensive in the summer). It just reminded me of my last boss, who always had to be right, always had to get the last word in, and didn''t realise how petty it made him look, when he was trying to justify himself over something everyone had already moved on from. I''m not saying Webber''s like him though.

[quote user="tired"][quote user="Icecream Snow"]Not really sure how I feel about this. It''s obviously one side of the story, and I''m not sure we needed Howson and Dorrans being thrown under the bus like that.I''m not really sure what he''s trying to achieve by it - that he really didn''t want Howson to go? When he''d already said we had to sell to buy?[/quote]
[/quote]

No way in the world we will have offered him an "improved" contract, in fact o notice the story has changed now to Webber mentioning a contract extension rather than one being offered. I''m a bit uncomfortable with this article to be honest, all a bit conveniebtvtgat our most saleable asset starts behaving in a way that justifies selling him at a time when we need to sell players to raise cash.

Seems like the club can''t win.  They get slated for  not communicating well with fans, but when they do, they get slated for that too. Webber would be a fool for putting out statements that weren''t accurate - and as far as I can tell, he is no fool.

I think we can add two more names to the players that Russell Martin was referring to in his interview. One of them has moved to a pub league and obviously given up on playing competitive football and the other has made a sideways move at best.

i heard last season under AN that some players missed training turning up late etc

some thought the were bigger than club moaning when not playing then missing training Lack of respect for the inexperienced AN

i can honestly say Howson was not mentioned in that group once

some have left one is still here there were some disrespectful players here

i have never heard a bad word about Howson from any from the coaching staff or any other members of the board / staff

Maybe when Mr Webber gives future frank media interviews he can be wired into a modified polygraph that gives a sharp uncomfortable electric shock when a porky pie is told.......If when questioned and then replies, he grimaces and his hair stands vertical on end and his fillings explode then fly out of his mouth. I would probably think he was being slightly economical with the truth......Until then, his word is his honour......

I would hazard a guess that the'' German'' way of running Club discipline is very different to the ''English/Scottish'' model. Some players are in for a shock if they think they can turn up late, not train properly etc.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]i heard last season under AN that some players missed training turning up late etc

some thought the were bigger than club moaning when not playing then missing training Lack of respect for the inexperienced AN

i can honestly say Howson was not mentioned in that group once

some have left one is still here there were some disrespectful players here

i have never heard a bad word about Howson from any from the coaching staff or any other members of the board / staff[/quote]For the one still here I''d guess Klose. Doubt it''s Jerome after his interview after the Wednesday game. Jarvis is never off the treatment table. Maybe Naismith as a second choice.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Reading  Chronicle now reporting we''ve accepted an 8 million bid for Nelson Oliveira ![/quote]eports emerged on Friday evening that Norwich had accepted the offer

and Oliveira will now discuss personal terms with Royals’ director of

football Brian Tevreden.