Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Russell Martin did warn us

We shouldn''t be surprised or disappointed to see any player moved on. Some of the skippers comments towards the end of last season were views shared by many of us.After the Brighton 5-0 debacle he said......."Too many lads gave up, simple as that,” he said. “We keep

being told we are Premier League players but that counts for nothing if

you can’t fight and win battles."
And before the last game of the season.......“Any successful company, team whatever, you need everyone pulling in the

same direction. At one point there was a lot of different agendas. We

don’t have any bad people in the dressing room, they get fed stuff from

people around them, agents and so on, whether they listen to all the

social media stuff, it all affects certain people differently.""There are no splits, no-one who is poisonous but you have a lot of

players at different stages of their career, in terms of young people

frustrated at not playing, others who perhaps felt they wouldn’t be here

last summer moving forward, and that frustration sets in. It might even

be sub-conscious but if you don’t buy in 100pc at some point it will

come out. I am trying to be honest but I can’t say there is one thing

wrong or blame Alex Neil. It was us as a group. Stuart (Webber) has come

in and seen some of that. It is up to us to make sure from pre-season

onwards the togetherness and the team spirit is there."
While it''s never nice to see good players leave, it''s better than having half hearted players aimlessly trotting around the pitch. So I say to all those who were prepared to collect those huge wages but not prepared to earn them, sod off and good riddance.And let''s be thankful we have a captain who isn''t afraid to say it as it is. [Y]

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Captain dependable ![/quote]Quite agree, I''m confident he will lead us to success this coming season. [:)]

I like your optimism Lappinitup, but I fear we won''t be getting promoted next season! I hope I am wrong but sadly I am not filled with optimism for the coming season, I think with us being in a transitional stage top 10 is realistic but outside top 6 unfortunately

Personally cant see us getting promoted. Hope I''m wrong. Don''t think it will be a disaster of a season. Probably be another finish like last year and due to parachute payments ending, next summer will be awfull.

It''s funny isn''t it, actually... no it isn''t!

After Martins comments I settled down to watch the highlights of the Brighton debacle, it was clear for everyone to see Martin was caught out of position high up the pitch on two occasions and himself guilty of jogging back to catch up with play for two of their goals.

Yet more ''rose tinted'' spectacales Martin nonsense!

Obviously there is time between now and the end of the transfer window, but I think that we have every chance of promotion if Farke is any good. We have a potent attacking force and if we get the defence sorted we should expect to challenge. I''m certainly entering the season in high expectation. [:D]

What are the chances of promotion? This will be my 51st season and I''ve seen us promoted 8 times. Half them have been in the last 13 years. I''m always confident before a ball is kicked but I will enjoy the season whatever happens. 

Russell Martin sums up everything that is wrong with this club , the crap that should be moved on (including owners and their family) are still here so how can things possibly get better .Give it three years and we will be back in league 1 probably still with captain blame everybody but me holding down a centre back position .

After the Brighton 5-0 debacle he said.......

"Too many lads gave up, simple as that,” he said. “We keep being told we are Premier League players but that counts for nothing if you can’t fight and win battles."

That was the Game after Ruddy''s Birthday party !!!

Not Russell Martins finest hour !!

[quote user="norfolkngood"]After the Brighton 5-0 debacle he said.......

"Too many lads gave up, simple as that,” he said. “We keep being told we are Premier League players but that counts for nothing if you can’t fight and win battles."

Not Russell Martins finest hour !![/quote]Are you implying our illustrious captain had one too many sherbets? [:P]

[quote user="Icecream Snow"][quote user="norfolkngood"]After the Brighton 5-0 debacle he said.......

Not Russell Martins finest hour !![/quote]Are you implying our illustrious captain had one too many sherbets? [:P][/quote]

He grassed up all the players who attended party to A. Neil.