Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Anyone Else Positive?

liking the moves and the clarity of vision is as good as we have had in some time.

Just need to strengthen those glaring defensive gaps to balance the attacking options (a further striker is a nice to have not an essential for me) and then we can bounce back to that fulham away defeat in some style.

If we''re miles away from top 6 come January you can bet the likes of Pritchard, Murphy''s and any other saleable assets will be gone. As said we as a club will have to accept our board don''t like to take huge financial risk and will look to keep control on budgets.

Without promotion which won''t be easy, given Boro, Wolves, Villa and Sunderland will have on paper strong squads.

I''m still positive to see just how a good mix of energetic youth coupled with some quality and experience could get us right up there, my concern is the likes of Klose, Martin, Naismith, Tettey not performing again and being relied upon too much.

With a very green coach and a coaching team not familiar with the Championship it could go horribly wrong very quickly, but I''m still thinking we could see something pretty good, I like the cut of Farke, he''s a very strong character, unlike the little aggressive Scot we had before home. I have faith in Farke.

Said my main piece earlier in the topic, but just to add that with the recent events surrounding Olly and Jacob in last day or two, its now becoming clear and apparent that our new set up will fight tooth and nail to keep all the guys that we want to see here for the new season, and only silly money indeed would tempt City selling our best players. This to me makes me even more positive about the coming season, and all i can say is, so far Webber and Farke are impressing me in all they do.

I''m feeling pretty positive as well - hope springs eternal! I like the way we now appear to have a strategy and the reports on the new additions so far are encouraging.

I''m hoping this will translate into some cohesive performances on the pitch and that Farke manages games better than Neil did (Wembley apart). A couple more defenders (and I wouldn''t mind if Klose was deemed surplus to requirements either) and I think we''ll be a real threat next season.

Looking forward to it.

I am aware than any lack of positivity on my part is a case of unrealistic expectations. I''ve been calling for clear put for a fair while and the first 7 releases and Dorrans all made sense to me. I can even get behind Howson leaving. I was just hoping for more players like Naismith, McGovern and Jarvis moving on but I realise you can''t sell what nobody wants.

I think I''m just still a bit angry about the potentially toxic financial legacy Alex Neil has left us with. If we have to sell Jacob, out most exciting young player in years, because we can''t shift some of the aging wage drains he signed he''ll be close to becoming my least favourite manager of all time.

[quote user="king canary"]I am aware than any lack of positivity on my part is a case of unrealistic expectations. I''ve been calling for clear put for a fair while and the first 7 releases and Dorrans all made sense to me. I can even get behind Howson leaving. I was just hoping for more players like Naismith, McGovern and Jarvis moving on but I realise you can''t sell what nobody wants.

I think I''m just still a bit angry about the potentially toxic financial legacy Alex Neil has left us with. If we have to sell Jacob, out most exciting young player in years, because we can''t shift some of the aging wage drains he signed he''ll be close to becoming my least favourite manager of all time.[/quote]" the potentially toxic financial legacy Alex Neil has left us with" "If we have to sell Jacob, out most exciting young player in years,"I presume the former played no part in the latter being here.There is nothing financially toxic about the club. Players joined when we were in the PL so were given PL wages.We had a healthy £30m or so in parachute payments this seasons. We will not next season if we are in the Championship.Contracts are spread over seasons so we have to prepare for seasons ahead.I cannot see there being in a problem with that. The real problems is if we were not preparing ahead.