Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

Why is NCFC skint?

[quote user="Herman"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Herman"]Just sod off Moy. There''s a massive thread filled with your ill-informed nonsense, don''t start infecting others.[/quote]You simply don''t like having your hypocrisy exposed Herman... [/quote]In Paul Moy economics you would have given our biggest players a tax-cut/pay-rise, raised the season ticket prices, got rid of the subsidised ticket for the kids/elderly, removed the disabled area and raised the prices of food and drinks. [/quote]I certainly wouldn''t have given Alex Neil a pay rise as allegdly happened after the failure of relegation, and I would not have had Ed Balls, a man with virtually zero practical business skills and with his finger-prints on th UK annual deficit after being a former economics advisor to Brown and the Treasury, as chairman. I would not have had to raise season-ticket or food/drink prices as I would have been planning sensible economies well before teetering over the cliff edge. At least the club is now rather belatedly making some sensible economies.  

Yeah but you would have insisted on building the team around Cody Mcdonald and we''d still be in League One...

Whether rise did Alex Neil get after relegation? I thought McNally have him a new long term contract in 2015.

Hey Simmo can you provide a link to this £10 million bid? Thought not!!

Can understand fans concern due to Webbers ''everyone has a price'' comments that he''s making more than once; comes across like he''s encouraging bids for anyone.
What I wouldn''t understand is selling someone like Jacob or Oliveira for south of £10m - they''re unlikely to significantly decrease in value, more likely to increase. Can understand the desire to move on older players whilst they have some value but not our developing and promising younger players.

Upon stark reduction in earnings it becomes about more than simply costs.

Liabilities become a central theme, injuries for example, back up players or contingency planning.

You cannot afford pcm costs beyond your means, but you also cannot afford unexpected costs.

Not only is the petrol for your Ferrari too expensive, any replacement car needs to be highly reliable as repair costs cannot then be paid.

Thus interchangeable, low-cost assets become the order of the day.

Alternatively you retain high value, (in theory) appreciating assets and borrow against them only selling when the balance must be paid off.

This is the injury liability point above. Not just paying an asset not to operate, it potentially reducing or even removing the value of the asset you have borrowed against.

Parma

Unfortunately we didn''t buy many Ferrari''s but rather sold some second hand duds which were way over priced!

We''re not skint but living within the clubs means, not just for this season but planning for the likely event of a few seasons down here rebuilding on a budget.

So skint isn''t the word, careful is more apt.

I think Roger Munby summed it up when he said that ''we need to more careful than other clubs''. 

[quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]Hey Simmo can you provide a link to this £10 million bid? Thought not!![/quote]

I am only going off what has been reported on the message board, to be honest though it is not a surprise how we battered them last season.

To who all who have replied in this post, what I am getting at is. look what other championship clubs are doing in transfer window and compare to us. Come the start of the season I reckon there will be approximately 12 teams with a higher wage budget than ourselves. What will that figure be next year with no parachute payments. The more you pay, the better player you have, the higher you finish.

Ours is on a downward spiral.

Turn the question around. Given that we have lived in wealth in recent years; two parachute payment periods, and more years in the prem than the championship....where was the spending then? Why didn''t we buy recognised defenders and try and stay up?

...why did we spend less than anyone last time promoted and where did the money go? Why are we now suddenly cutting cloth drastically given that we have had more years of the good times than almost any other side in the division.