Sign in to follow this  
FenwayFrank

Le Tour OT

What a stage today ! Thomas and Porte crash out and Uran wins a photo finish while only having two gears on his bike

Froome''s transformation in the four weeks since the Dauphine is remarkable. I''d love to know what his secret is.

I find all the conspiracy around sky odd. They peak for specific races

particularly TDF, don''t win may of the spring classics. Last year Froome

tried to double up at the Vuelta but fell off the pace. If they were

dominating everything I''d be concerned but they don''t.Looks to me like excellence in managing the season, much like the GB track cyclists not doing much until the Olympics.

[quote user="Irn Bru Canary"]From a personal point of view I''m gutted I won''t see Porte, Thomas, Sagan and Cav on the Galibier next week. Counting the days 🚴[/quote]Will still be great - did Ventoux last year and it was one of the best experiences of my life - not making it at all this year :(

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]I find all the conspiracy around sky odd. They peak for specific races

particularly TDF, don''t win may of the spring classics. Last year Froome

tried to double up at the Vuelta but fell off the pace. If they were

dominating everything I''d be concerned but they don''t.Looks to me like excellence in managing the season, much like the GB track cyclists not doing much until the Olympics.[/quote]

Lance didn''t dominate anything but the TDF. Just saying!

There is an air of disappointment surrounding the tour now.

No Valverde, No Thomas, No Porte, Quintana well off pace, Contador finished..... Bar Aru, Froome has little competition for GC. And the fact stage 20 is a TT, I don''t really consider Aru that much of a threat.

As for the sprinters, Kittel is virtually unchallenged now. No Sagan, No Cav, No Demare, & Griepel off pace.

I''m hoping Cummings can do something special in a break. Dan Martin could also re-ignite the GC flame.

Can''t wait for stages 17 & 18. Such a stunning part of the worlds and some iconic climbs.