Sign in to follow this  
Tired

Stevenage friendly

Starting XI:
Jones; Godfrey, Zimmermann, Klose; Josh Murphy, Reid, Vrancic, Lewis; Hoolahan, Oliveira, Pritchard
Subs:
McGovern, Husband, Jerome, Wildschut, Maddison
Lot''s of names missing there, hopefully we they''re not all injuries!

"So that is Cobh, Lowestoft and now Stevenage with no sign of Russell Martin.2

Russ is resting after his Botox treatment, he''ll be ready for the press and cameras waiting at Craven Cottage.

(Rumour that he is planning a surgical bum job to prepare himself for sitting on the bench is currently wide of the mark.)

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]He''s on an extended break after a long season and playing more than Gunn for England. Not worrying. [/quote]
My mistake - I had it in my head he''d been playing in the first two but mixed him up with Josh.

it looks more like Farke is experimenting with the defenceit will be interesting to see if he plays Wildschutt as a full back almost a wing half and is this where he sees Josh ?

Interesting that lewis makes the bench while Toffolo misses out as well. I think Wildschut''s playing there out of necessity, Our RB''s will be Pinto, Martin and Husband can play there as well, Farke just doesnt have any available or fit enough yet.

Just finished watching the full Lowestoft game on youtube, erm, Zimmermann worries me a bit I''ve got to admit, anyone there tonight who can tell us how he''s getting on? He''s young for a defender but extremely slow and some of his tackles were really clumsy. Hope he''s just settling in!

[quote user="Horse Renoir"]Interesting that lewis makes the bench while Toffolo misses out as well. I think Wildschut''s playing there out of necessity, Our RB''s will be Pinto, Martin and Husband can play there as well, Farke just doesnt have any available or fit enough yet.

Just finished watching the full Lowestoft game on youtube, erm, Zimmermann worries me a bit I''ve got to admit, anyone there tonight who can tell us how he''s getting on? He''s young for a defender but extremely slow and some of his tackles were really clumsy. Hope he''s just settling in![/quote]I thought much the same on Saturday - slooooooow. Settling in or not, if he can''t run any faster than he did on Saturday then he''s going to get skinned alive against anyone with a bit of pace!

[quote user="Horse Renoir"]Interesting that lewis makes the bench while Toffolo misses out as well. I think Wildschut''s playing there out of necessity, Our RB''s will be Pinto, Martin and Husband can play there as well, Farke just doesnt have any available or fit enough yet.

Just finished watching the full Lowestoft game on youtube
, erm, Zimmermann worries me a bit I''ve got to admit, anyone there tonight who can tell us how he''s getting on? He''s young for a defender but extremely slow and some of his tackles were really clumsy. Hope he''s just settling in![/quote]

1st half herethe game is in 4 parts and the others can be found on the right of the screen

Reporter from the game has just said we''re playing high pressing fast flowing football which is really attractive to watch. Finished by asking if we were a good bet for promotion.

I''m a touch concerned by the amount of injuries we seem to be picking up.

Also if Farke wants a back 3 we need to bring in at least two new central defenders.

Wouldn''t be surprised if this new style still hasn''t bedded in 5 games into the season. It took Reading and Huddersfield a bit of time to start playing well, I can see that being the case here.

Not reading anything into these friendlies, especially with how hard the players are being worked at Colney, they''re starting the matches tired. This will be a shock to a lot of our players and maybe even staff, Webber did warn them that they might have to work a bit harder this year alongside adapting to changes.

i hope people are prepared to be patient!

Pre season games are always hit and miss, it''s what they are for, so hopefully Reed''s injury isn''t too bad. One thought is that we''re clearly in need of getting the defence right - it would be good to bed the first choice 3 or 4 in together as soon as we can, so having Ivo and RM out can''t help; would also be good to see Gunn before too long.

Bit of a reality check for Farke. Hopefully he and more importantly Webber can see we are short of quality. Not all the youngsters are going to cut it in the champs and others need more time. We need a couple of higher quality signings. Okay, only a preseason friendly but not filling me with confidence at this early stage.