Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Carlton Morris

On loan for season to Shrewsbury! Leaves us with just two out and out strikers, surely means Oliveira is staying, but it''s a gamble if we just go with Oliveira and Jerome as recognised strikers for the season!

Yes hopefully that means Nelson is staying.

No doubt they see that it''s better for him to be out on loan gaining experience and use Watkins as back up.

Or maybe this means... Daryl Murphy???

Joins up with Ebou Adams. Sending our youngsters out in pairs, with Ramsay and Efete at Lincoln and now these two...

Less traveling for Neil Adams I suppose, wonder if this is his idea? Told the club it''ll help their development but really he just wants less trudging up and down motorways!

Seriously though, good that he''s got another loan. A good year there getting 10-15 goals and he can then try to force his way into the team here.

Maybe this means that we have another striker coming in, unless DF sees Naismith or either Murphy as a different option to Oliveira and Jerome.

Watkins can play as a striker.

I don''t think Morris going to Shrewsbury means neither Jerome or Nelson will necessarily stay - it means Webber doesn''t think he is ready for Championship football (which is probably true).

If someone pops up with bids that meet the club''s valuation of any player, they will be sold. This has been repeated at just about any opportunity Webber or Farke have had.

I agree with Bethnal, they probably don''t think he''s quite ready yet plus wasn''t he injured most of last season.

That still leaves us Jerome, Nelson and Watkins who can play upfront

Watkins is more than adequate backup to Jerome and Oliveira as a 3rd option for striker. No point having a 3rd striker here if they aren''t going to play, assuming we continue with one up top

[quote user="AJ"]Watkins is more than adequate backup to Jerome and Oliveira as a 3rd option for striker. No point having a 3rd striker here if they aren''t going to play, assuming we continue with one up top[/quote]I''m not sure how many we will have on top (of what ?)or whether the style of player will be that of an out and out strikerFarke did say he wanted someone different as a forward and so I suspect we will see another playerThe problem with the nonsense that is the transfer window is a player can leave at short notice with little time to find a replacement