Sign in to follow this  
Michael Bates

Bid accepted for Nelson Oliveira fro reading?! Surely not...

Just out of interest, I thought I would take a look to see how high our player turnover has been the last few seasons. To put it into perspective, we only have eight players that started the opening day of the season three seasons ago, and only nine players in the current squad that remain from two seasons ago. That''s crazy when you are looking for a team to gel!

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]Has there been a revolt from pros against the rookie manager?[/quote]
Don''t think there''s any truth in that comment. But I do think the binner squad are revolting...

Webber completely out of his depth. Should have got a proper Manager.

I''ve no idea if true, but could be possible if

a) Reading are offering £10m +

b) Oli doesn''t fit Farke''s style. I suspect he likes highly mobile, energetic players. Oli''s a great striker, but he''s not really that sort of player.

It would be funny to see the fans reaction to Oliviera out and Murphy in, I''m pretty sure there''s a few on here would put a positive spin on that! Not that it''ll happen.

[quote user="Indy"]It would be funny to see the fans reaction to Oliviera out and Murphy in, I''m pretty sure there''s a few on here would put a positive spin on that! Not that it''ll happen.[/quote]
Ken Ozzane would probably put another picture in his album.

I do hope this is a joke, or there will be a revolt, and rightly so. Nelson Oliveira is a quality striker, our best forward, alongside 1 or 2 others a player I would like to see leave the very least. Really hope this is a bollocks story.

/[quote user="hogesar"]Daft story . Obviously not true unless Reading have 15m sitting around.[/quote]

To clarify i think this is fake, however.....

Serious?

We''ve just taken £5 Million for probably our best player, and one of the best, most consistent, experienced midfielders in the division,

What makes you think we''d be any more prudent with this (potential) deal?

I will be watching the Lowestoft match team news with interest tomorrow. If we''ve agreed a fee then he definitely won''t be playing. All will be revealed soon...

[quote user="Alex "]I will be watching the Lowestoft match team news with interest tomorrow. If we''ve agreed a fee then he definitely won''t be playing. All will be revealed soon...[/quote][:D][Y]

Wow, just got in from a night out, and this has kicked off!

Here''s a theory for some. Just supposing we ARE selling certain players, that a lot of fans would rather not see go. Does anyone think that there just might be some rational thinking behind such sale, AND there might be a replacement lined up, to be signed imminently?

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Wow, just got in from a night out, and this has kicked off!

Here''s a theory for some. Just supposing we ARE selling certain players, that a lot of fans would rather not see go. Does anyone think that there just might be some rational thinking behind such sale, AND there might be a replacement lined up, to be signed imminently?[/quote]

From here, from what I''ve read and seen about the new era - no one is considered to be safe from being sold on - and any player might decide to move on, so nothing should be a surprise.  The new regime is a breakaway from what we have been used to in the last few years and any player who gets a high enough bid might be off, allowing money for new and maybe younger players.  Sincerely hope Oliveira stays, but if he goes, it would just be part of this brave new world.

It wouldn''t it would be f''ing stupid. Whether he goes or not unfortunately this sort of speculation is what happens gee you let it be known you are desperate to sell players to raise cash.

For the club to state Everybody has a price meaning everybody is for sale if right money is bid

for me that shows a bit of a weakness and lets the other clubs know we are willing to sell anybody

IF the club said for example the Murphy''s are not for sale at any price and we are keeping them anyone who was interested would have to put in a silly bid to change our mind

by stating we are in a weak position wages wise is only good for a buyer and not us selling in my eyes the club is being a little to honest for their own good here

I''m not overly concerned at losing Howson and Dorrans - if they wanted out then there was no point in forcing them to stay - plus we''ve got Vrancic and Reed in already to soften the blow plus cut our wage costs in the process.However letting Oliveira go is a differnt matter - the guy is class and even if you got £7-£10m for him you''d have to spend at least that to get somebody else of his calibre - really hope this doesn''t happen. A few times last season when interviewed he said he was settled here - let''s hope that''s still the case.

We will not get any better than Jerome or Oliviera with the money we have this summer. Without spending tonnes of money we could quite easily get better defenders and deeper midfielders than we''ve had but in the forward positions we won''t do any better so we really have to go all out to keep these players.

Everyone has a price, but for Jerome, Oliviera, Pritchard and the Murphy''s that price should be absolutely astronomical before we consider selling. If Reading offer 15 million, then maybe, but no club will pay that much for him so he should be staying put

If we are ''cutting our cloth'' accordingly, I do hope there aren''t going to be holes appearing in the club restaurant curtains?

Selling Nelson wouldn''t even have the excuse of getting Premier League wages off the budget. I''m sure he''s not badly paid but he was signed when we were in the Championship with a Championship budget.

lat season he scored 15 goals in 27 games which is very good return in a side that was up and down in form

that was his best season of his career goals wise

can he stay fit all season ?

never scored more than 15 goals in one season

will he score 15 or more this season ?

some doubts if you look at those stats anything more than 8 mil and buy 2 more 4 million pound strikers i would take a gamble and sell

Not a huge amount of strikers kicking around for that sort of money Norfolkngood.

Scott Hogan, Jonathan Kodja, Ross McCormack, Dwight Gayle all cost a lot of money last season. Nelson is a quality all round player.

It would be an odd move, particularly given the spiel that Webber came out with on the sale of (both Dorrans and) Howson about us now having a ''settled squad who want to be here'' and being able to ''go back to the market''; of course he also said everyone has a price but the implication wasn''t that another leaver was imminent.

Every player has a price, and if a club meets that price then he goes we have been told this from the very beginning so nothing new and this may happen all the way until the window closes.