Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

WOW now this would make our summer !!!!!

Go on Alex Neil please please https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/alex-neil-should-look-to-reunite-with-this-versatile-norwich-forward-at-preston-north-end/

That''s just ridiculous. How exactly would they pay his wage demands! Ludicrous story

Not a chance, plus I think we''ll need him this season. We might see better from him under new management

He''s shown us in the last 18 months how important he can be for us 😂😂😂.

Wake up !!! He''s past it, legs have gone.

[quote user="Hucks6"]Why not sell all of last years players and could end up in league 1[/quote]
Sure, if we pretend that we wouldn''t buy a suitable replacement for any player that is sold from now until September.

[quote user="Captain Haddock"]https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/alex-neil-should-look-to-reunite-with-this-versatile-norwich-forward-at-preston-north-end/it''s Naithsmithand nohe should stay heregood reports of him in the two friendlies[/quote]To be fair, and with all due respect to Cobh Ramblers and Lowestoft Town, if a player just out of the Premier League who cost millions and is on a huge weekly wage can''t look good here then we really are up s*it creek without a paddle.

I think you have missed what has been going onNaismith is supposedly the worst player to wear a City shirt, or so we are toldAnd I think not, I think he will be well up to what we need this seasonthe comment about how good he looked was to contrast the view held by somethat''s all

[quote user="Captain Haddock"]I think you have missed what has been going onNaismith is supposedly the worst player to wear a City shirt, or so we are toldAnd I think not, I think he will be well up to what we need this seasonthe comment about how good he looked was to contrast the view held by somethat''s all[/quote]Unless I''ve missed the fact that we were so desperate to sign him we allegedly agreed to pay him well in excess of any other player - even a Premier League team who later seemed interested couldn''t match that - and rumour has it we also agreed that there would be no reduction in that amount should we be relegated.He''s hardly set the world alight in response to our goodwill so far so we can only hope you''re right in thinking he''ll be '' well up for it '' this term.To be honest on all known form that seems unlikely.

Similar to the RVW situation in a way.

You realise he''s been a bit of a flop but stretch credibility a bit with a wish to persevere in the hope that the player will eventually justify the outlay.

Naisey hasn''t exactly been a flop it''s just that the pill didn''t work and he''s therefore turned into a bit of a luxury cost-wise.

Those who think he could be an important player for us this season might not be too wide of the mark.

He''ll have to be as he wouldn''t bugger off for less money so there''s no love lost from the city faithful if he starts flapping those arms around again.

Pressures on him and rightly so! I seriously think we''re a far better side without him in the squad, Wes, Maddison, Pritchard, Murphy and Watkins all offer more in my opinion.

Well said Indy.

Naismith has played against two non league sides. Of course he should look good.

He''s offered nowhere near enough to warrant what we paid for him. Let him go and replace with younger hungrier players

If you''re earning £40k a week for a championship team then you need to be an absolute stand out which Naismith isn''t. He''s decent but I''m not sure I''d have him in my first xi and he''s not even close to first name on the team sheet.

[quote user="king canary"]If you''re earning £40k a week for a championship team then you need to be an absolute stand out which Naismith isn''t. He''s decent but I''m not sure I''d have him in my first xi and he''s not even close to first name on the team sheet.[/quote]Considerably north of that would be nearer the mark.He''s been a big disappointment.

[quote user="king canary"]If you''re earning £40k a week for a championship team then you need to be an absolute stand out which Naismith isn''t. He''s decent but I''m not sure I''d have him in my first xi and he''s not even close to first name on the team sheet.[/quote]I suppose you have seen his contract ?or are you just making that up, as well ?

As well as what?

It has been widely reported that Naismith is on £50k so I''m being a bit conservative with my estimation of £40k.

Glad you''re still bringing out the greatest hits though City1st.

I''m in the minority who quite rates Naismith and always think he''s one of our better players once he''s had a bit of a run in the team. Really, to us, he''s not worth the wages he''s on but if we can''t offload for a reasonable fee then I think he''s worth keeping.