Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Andreu just score v Kings Lynn

Very very strange. Watched most of his under 23 performances last year and he was clearly above that level. Why never given a shot?

given the lack of fit options and his fitness from his Icelandic adventures I wonder if we will see Efete in the back 2 / 3 for one of the 60 minutes v Cambridge.

If not i can only see him being loaned out - which is probably the right approach, but given the time Lewis is getting I would have thought he is worth some time alongside Klose.

Freezer on Efete and Ramsay on Lincoln loans

"They were only on trial with a view to a loan, suspect may be tied up in City trying to sign Sean Raggett from the Imps."

Anyone else know about this Raggett link? I read about it ages ago but it all went quiet.

Andreu was a strange signing. Always felt like a ''job for the boys'' thing- a gift to him from a friend and part of the deal to land the manager.

He looks more L1 level than championship. But as nobody will pay the wages he is on will doubtless be happy to be a squad filler. Arguably useful in a real injury crisis but I very much doubt he will get a look in otherwise- far too much talent ahead of him.

Silly really for the club and Andreu

he will not play here but he has ability to move to a club and be a real fans favorite maybe Scotland or L1

Maybe even a lower championship team

but he will stay here for the sake of a couple of grand extra and never really fulfill what ever career he would of had

Football is littered with players like him and sometimes you i think is it better to play and join a team for less money but at least be wanted as he looks back when he is older i am sure he will think less money better career games would have been better for himself

Is being part of the U23s a sign that he''s not wanted? Compare him to Wildschut and McGovern who have featured in the other ''first'' team games.

I guess we''ll see who features in the Cambridge game which is a 4 x 30 mins game. I''d expect the whole squad to feature, including most of the U23s.

Who knows, they are all squad members and capable of playing themselves into contention. They need the desire to do that - and of course the ability, which Andrue has, as he has proved on loan elsewhere in the championship.

However, his heart is in Scotland where his reputation is strong and will probably end up there again - but never say never.

That''s right, after all we''ve already sold Wes, Pritchard, Naismith, Klose and both Murphys.