Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Jacob - a Newcastle fan?

If you''d told me this time last year Jacob would be the twin being touted for a £10M+ transfer to the PL I would have laughed. He did have a decent season last year but Josh has as much potential, so I for one would be OK with us selling Jacob and reinvesting at the Back where we still need more quality. We have several options with other good young players in Jacob''s position and he wants the move so get on with it and let''s move on.

If he goes, it will be because he engineered the move.

So much for player contracts.

Asking his agent to make the deal happen has also ensured the price paid will be far more to Newcastle''s liking than Norwich''s.

15m was a fair asking price, no doubt it will be much closer to 10m.

Will this galvanise Josh, or have an adverse effect on his development?

No Lappinitup I won''t be there due to work commitments, maybe you can tell her as I assume you will be there kissing her feet?

Well, given that he''s barely a year into a 4-year contract (one he was more than happy to sign) you do feel we hold a fair few cards, whether or not his head''s been turned. I''m certainly not averse to cashing in, but the price has to be right for us - and for me, the figure quoted isn''t enough so they will have to go higher despite their apparent ''take it or leave it'' stance. They have a reported £100m for transfers this summer so it isn''t as though they are short.

[quote user="Jack Flash"]If you''d told me this time last year Jacob would be the twin being touted for a £10M+ transfer to the PL I would have laughed. He did have a decent season last year but Josh has as much potential, so I for one would be OK with us selling Jacob and reinvesting at the Back where we still need more quality. We have several options with other good young players in Jacob''s position and he wants the move so get on with it and let''s move on.[/quote]

Bang on JF Josh for me any day, thought he was a bit unlucky not to play more last season. As long as we get decent money, enough to buy a striker, RB cover for Pinto and a Big CB like the guy at Bristol City or the German bloke

If anyone thinks Josh is better than Jacob then unfortunately they need their head screwing on. One managed to grab a starting place in the championship and hold it, whilst getting a decent goal and assist return, along with a call up to the England U21''s, whilst the other predominantly sat on a bench - for a reason.
I wouldn''t be interested in 10m.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]No Lappinitup I won''t be there due to work commitments, maybe you can tell her as I assume you will be there kissing her feet?[/quote]Happy clapperes - feet kisser - why can''t you post without insults Baldy?As it happens Delia won''t be there but the people who actually run the club will.With all the comings and goings there will be plenty of questions, in particular the Jacob Murphy situation and the club''s finances so iut should be an interesting evening. What I find strange though, is that people who shout loudest on here always seem to find an excuse for their absence when they get the opportunity to ask questions face to face to the people who actually know the answers.Strange that.

So where do these reports Jacob wants away come from? Take a look on the City news site and be careful, it may be true, or could it be part of the dark arts of forcing a deal or suppressing the price and that means we''re all colluding in that if we simply accept it and say Jacob can go then, it doesn''t matter any more. It does, it matters very much for club and player.

Lappinitup that''s rich coming from you! Read back and you insulted me first by calling me a binboy, but let''s not worry about that hey?

Also since when is having a job an excuse? Hmm, maybe I ought to quit my job then to come to meetings, or better still maybe you ought to not judge people without knowing facts!

As I say read back as to who insulted who, the only time I insult people is when they insult me first, because unlike you, I respect people''s opinions even if I don''t agree with them!

So are you going tonight then or not? If you are will you be taking the register to see who attends?

With Stuart Webber, i feel if a player has handed in a transfer request, we would know about it! He may well want to leave but i dont think we will take 10. Id imagine somewhere between 12-14. And thats pretty decent businees tbf. Until i hear it from Webber or Murphy that a request has been handed in, i wont believe it, especially coming from Newcastle fans and Newcastle reporters over twitter

[quote user="Jack Flash"]If you''d told me this time last year Jacob would be the twin being touted for a £10M+ transfer to the PL I would have laughed. He did have a decent season last year but Josh has as much potential, so I for one would be OK with us selling Jacob and reinvesting at the Back where we still need more quality. We have several options with other good young players in Jacob''s position and he wants the move so get on with it and let''s move on.[/quote]my thoughts exactlyI can''t see a position when both will be on the pitch at the same time regularlywe need to be realistic, how do Barnsley feel about Watkins walking away - were we not involved before he moved ?fans need to stop seeing it as a personal slight

Of course I''ll be there Baldy, wouldn''t miss it for the world. Shame you can''t make it but I do understand, work must always come first. It would have been good to continue our discussion over a pint.I was generalising when I commented about those with the loudest voices on here. You know the sort I mean, those who start multi threads each time we lose and send this board into meltdown and those who only ever comment on the bad, never the good. You couldn''t make it up! Of course, you''d never do that would you?Having said that, this board would be boring indeed if we all agreed with each other, it is the disagreements that make it the lively place it is and long may it continue.I can''t find where I called you a binboy but I take it back if I did as it''s obvious you''re not. You have a job. [:D]

"I can''t find where I called you a binboy"''twas I, master slappuptopon the basis of if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck .....

This is less clear cut for me and it looks as though we hold the strongest hand.

He has a lengthy contract, so what he wants to move elsewhere, we are not obliged to sell him because of all the noise, what his agent might be saying or what pressure Newcastle are putting us under by saying take it or leave it.

He would be a very silly boy if he downed tools to force a move as at his age it could have a huge impact on his career if he''s not playing, that would be a very ballsy thing for him to do.

Like others have said, make us an offer too good to turn down and yes let him go but it HAS to be on our terms, not his, his agents or Newcastles!

will be just under 10 mill pushing it to about 12.5 mil with add ons

we be announced as undisclosed so every club in the land does not know how much we have to spend

10m take it or leave it?

Leave it. Ridiculous price in today''s market with how much of his contract is remaining. He''s not going to sulk and waste such an important part of his development so tell them to do one.

We need to fund defenders pronto, especially a right-back - £10m with add-ons and take it.The right-wing berth is covered by Wildschut, Watkins & Pritchard.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]will be just under 10 mill pushing it to about 12.5 mil with add ons

we be announced as undisclosed so every club in the land does not know how much we have to spend[/quote]eh ?I should imagine they would have a fairly good guess and what the transfer fee wasIf what you say was true then why is not Newcastle''s TC money not the determining factor in all this, after all we know almost EXACTLY what that figure is .

We always do the undisclosed statement but most of the time it comes out to what the values are.

I have to say, we must be at a point of balance with the sales of three players and ten in total gone off the wages.

We''re not that far from a full squad just three or four away, the sale of Murphy could mean we shop at Waitrose rather than Poundland, could get three half decent players rather than totally unproven gambles.

I''m happy to sell for the 12 million, but we will see what the clubs price is once or rather if this goes ahead.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]will be just under 10 mill pushing it to about 12.5 mil with add ons

we be announced as undisclosed so every club in the land does not know how much we have to spend[/quote]
So it''s going to happen then norfolk?

If you watch the TNC interview with Russell Martin at 55:00 when Chris starts "I''m excited about Jacob Murphy staying and that Newcastle aren''t going to sign him ...", Russ, who had something to say about every story throughout the hour, whether trivial or serious, keeps deafly silent, looks downward uneasily, has a stroke of the beard. His silence was deafening. As soon as the topic changes and Jack mentions Mario''s hair, he immediately comes back to life again. His body language suggests to me he knows that maybe things aren''t quite how Chris sees them. Russ is as honest as the day is long. He couldn''t even bring himself to nod in agreement while Chris was extolling the virtues of JM.

[quote user="Indy"]We always do the undisclosed statement but most of the time it comes out to what the values are.

I have to say, we must be at a point of balance with the sales of three players and ten in total gone off the wages.

We''re not that far from a full squad just three or four away, the sale of Murphy could mean we shop at Waitrose rather than Poundland, could get three half decent players rather than totally unproven gambles.

I''m happy to sell for the 12 million, but we will see what the clubs price is once or rather if this goes ahead.[/quote]4err, noit''s just one suggested amount becomes the accepted one

Lappinitup if it wasn''t you I apologise, but it''s ridiculous how if people dare to say anything against the club they are labelled with the ultimate insult of being a binboy! Maybe some people don''t wear green and yellow tinted glasses!

As for a pint I''d enjoy to chew the fat over a pint one day pre match!