Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Jacob - a Newcastle fan?

That was then and he''s (they''ve) been with NCFC since the age of twelve.

Born in Wembley.

Besides I don''t think childhood teams are high on the list of preferred playing options for players these days.

Much more concerned about Newcastle''s financial clout.

"I’ve been here since I was 11, which is ten years now. I couldn’t be more happy to be signing for my boyhood club."

http://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2016/november/jacob-murphy-signs-new-deal-until-2021/

Interesting that he is ''known'' to be a Newcastle fan - he''s been with us years and years and it seems it wasn''t something we were aware of until today!

Tbh if the money is right I''d sell and use the money to get reinforcements for the defence: we have plenty of goals in our side whether or not Jacob is here.

[quote user="lappinitup"]I''ve never heard this before......"The 22-year-old, who is known to be a boyhood Newcastle United fan""but with Murphy a Newcastle United fan"http://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2017/07/12/good-news-for-rafa-as-its-confirmed-winger-target-is-keen-on-a-move-to-nufc/Is it True?If it is then I think it increases the chance of him leaving in this window.

[/quote]Go back and watch their edition of Canary Cribs. The clues were there. The black and white decor. The Stottie Cakes in the cupboard. Gazza''s Graetest Hits in the CD collection and the complete box set of Auf Weidersehen Pet.

I had long suspect, more so since he refers to internet acces as wha hay fi... monPerhaps I did miss understand City''s turning down interestit wasn''t bog offit was BOGOF after all, and both Murphy''s will be off (though I''m not bitter)It probably just means NUFC have a stack of shirts with Murphy on the back, that have never been usedAll we need to do now is to scour social media to find out which players had NCFC as their boyhood favourite club and that will sort outany gaps in the squad"come you along, my booties "

Leaving some good joking aside, if there’s truth in any of the talk of Jacob to Newcastle I fear it’s not the player’s best interests that are being served. After all the years of hard work, to leave just as the platform to bring the best out of him and Josh is being put in place doesn’t seem to make much footballing sense for anyone. But if the quite understandable wish for a secure financial future makes it inevitable that he moves on now, why on earth Newcastle? He can do much better for himself and, if all parties are patient and hold their nerve, our club can reasonably expect to hugely increase his value in the coming season, with his personal rewards similarly raised.

Newcastle wouldn''t be a bad move for Murphy to be honest. He isn''t going to get game time at clubs in the top 6/7/8 and Newcastle is a huge club to play for.

Rafa is pretty good with young players and if Jacob did particularly well there then he could potentially find himself in with a shout at England.

Reports from Newcastle today suggest they are tabling a £10m final ''take it or leave it offer'' but Norwich still want more.

If Jacob kicks off I suspect he will be gone, if not then he''ll probably remain for the rest of the season - I can''t see anyone going north of £10m for him at the moment.

If the player wants to leave the deal will happen. £10-12m, with a sell on clause as a sweetener.

Blimey, and they say having Academy A is an expensive luxury.

Such a sale would finance it for years.

Add in a possible Josh sale in the future, Toffee, Efete and Lewis and others and eventually we could afford to buy ITFC from Evans and close down that club for evermore.

Skint? Far from it.

Add in the value of the likes of Dolly, Klose and Pritchard etc. and the club is possibly in the most asset strong position it has ever been.

Money in the bank or money on the pitch? Same thing and i have previously made the point that the acquisition of the likes of Maddison, Godfrey, Thompson, Adams etc. indicates our financial gains from being in the Premier league have not been entirely frittered away.

10m take it or leave it apparently.

Leave it I reckon. We seem to be financially stable now and only need to accept offers that are of great benefit to us. You only need to look at the incredibly bloated prices being thrown around in the Prem to see how easy it is to sell someone for vastly more than they are worth.

I say we stay firm with whatever our valuation is. The article sates Newcastle will look elsewhere if we reject 10m, let them look elsewhere. Either we keep one of our best talents, or Newcastle struggle to sign anyone else and end up paying our asking price.

Agree

He''s on a new 4 yr contract, don''t need to sell, but if they offer £16 mill think we should take it and reinvest.

Looked good in patches last year but wouldn''t say I''d be gutted if he left?.

I suppose the season ahead can be viewed as our last throw of the dice.

We have parachutes and players on board who have Premier League experience and the likes of Jacob Murphy.

We could therefore do with hanging on to the player in order to give us a better chance to succeed, even though I feel that his potential impact has been unrealistically enhanced by the week.

If we fail then it would seem inevitable that he would want to go and £10m would surely be massive for us.

One more season then Jacob ... perleeese.

Let''s not forget Joshua in this context. He fit the walls of Jericho after all so he should easily fit into his brother''s place (if he does''t already at times.)

If you compare him to Redmond, who left with a year on his contract for around £11m. He signed a new contract to 2021 last season, so with 4 years left on that, I really think we could play hardball and hold out for £15m.

I think Josh could become as good as him this season if he continues to develop under the new structure.

Asked to leave according to some Newcastle journalist.

https://twitter.com/lee_ryder/status/885430490114777088

Well this changes things unfortunately. Hopefully we can get between 12m-15m.

Fair points Bethnal and I’m honestly not looking for an argument, but if we’re talking of the player’s best interests then the likes of Southampton have a much better record of developing young talent which then moves on to the top sides. I’ve been going to St James’ on and off since Fairs Cup winning year (it’s often easy to get tickets there) and the consistent feature of their shouty fans for much of that time has been a misplaced sense of entitlement which even led some of them to slag off Rafa (the best thing to happen to them since Keegan’s Entertainers) when they had a wobble towards the end of last season. It’s a fantastic ground to be in when things are going well, but by comparison if anyone thinks the Snakepit can be harsh critics they’ve lived a very sheltered life. As for £10m, I’m sure they they’re trying it on at the sweety shop and know it. Of course it could work for Jacob, he’s got the goods, it’s more likely to happen somewhere else though. If we’re talking of the club’s best interests remember what was offered for him at the start of last season.

Roll up roll up.... it''s the Sale Of The Century coming from NCFC.....

The only one with no price seems to be Delia.

Exciting times...

No doubt we will sell and get low end replacement if we get anybody!

If he does go then the fans need to let Delia know how they feel, no not happy clapping, just as we did when Chase sold the family jewels!

I think £10 million paid up front will be too tempting for the club to turn down in our current financial situation - be nice if we could hold out for a bit more but would help finance a decent defender or two maybe - after all we''ve still got the other Murphy

[quote user="Baldyboy"]If he does go then the fans need to let Delia know how they feel[/quote]No better chance than tonight Baldy. I take it you''ll be at the Carra to voice your concerns?