Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

The NCFC Sinking Ship

simmo_2 wrote the following post at 13/07/2017 8:04 PM:

Can 2nd from last person to leave tell Captain Martin the ship is sinkin

You are more than welcome to ''jump ship'' if you like simmo_2!

"Can 2nd from last person to leave tell Captain Martin the ship is sinking"If only someone could come up with a word for that?Apples

Tilly, as I replied to Lappinitup is a job an excuse now? Sorry but some of us work and can''t always get to things like this in the evening or as I said to Lappinitup should I quit my job to attend?

We ain''t all got time to attend everything

[quote user="Yellowhammer"]Looks likes anybody who can be sold will be at any price ,sad state of affairs[/quote]
Well if that was the case we would''ve sold Jacob at Newcastle''s first offer (assuming they did actually make an offer), wouldn''t we?

We are a club in transition that does not mean we are a sinking ship. Many relegated clubs have to get rid of expensive underperforming players to balance the books. It is a fair question to ask why they were given such lucrative contracts with no relegation clauses especially since we are a yo yo club. Unfortunately we are also stuck with some of these toxic assets the noone else wants. We have some very good players at the club and when that happens stronger more wealthy clubs want them and this has always been the case we have done it to others and others have done it to us. Team and club spirit goes a long way and only time will tell how this season goes. I sense we will be top half and anything better than that with so much change going on would be a bonus but this is a long way from being a sinking ship

[quote user="lharman7"]simmo_2 wrote the following post at 13/07/2017 8:04 PM:

Can 2nd from last person to leave tell Captain Martin the ship is sinkin

You are more than welcome to ''jump ship'' if you like simmo_2![/quote]

I personally am feeling quite excited about it all to be honest, makes a change from the normal slow transfer window, if Jacob goes then Farke will have to work with Josh. There are still a few that we need to move on too.

You obviously felt we we''re afloat under Neil heading in the right direction. Hopefully changing direction might put club in going the right way.

Southampton, for all the progress they''ve made in the last few years have found it difficult to retain their leading players and have lost some over the last few Summers, have any of their fans suggested they''re a sinking ship?No, they''re doing what a club of that size has to do, making good players very good ones, selling them for a lot of money and reinvesting that money in their squad. And repeating the process.Which is what we look like we''re going to be doing re.Jacob. And if he wants out then there is nothing the club can do about it. Sure you can sit him down, tell him he has to honour his contract and he isn''t going anywhere. But that isn''t going to do anyone any good. Besides, the power is with the player and their agents and if his agent thinks its in his best interests (as well as Jacobs) to engineer a move, one that has been given added spice by this "..he was a Newcastle supporter as a lad" (you can imagine that one being thought up at an ''idea shower''), then he''ll be on his way.Meaning, hopefully, we''ll do to a club beneath us in the pecking order what Newcastle have done to us and everyone will say what a great move it is for the lad etc etc.As the move to Newcastle would be for Jacob. He''ll find it tough there, he''ll have big money signing pressure and be expected to perform well every week. But if he reckons he''s ready for it then he deserves the chance.And if he does go for £10, £12 million then the debate about whether or not the Academy is worth it will be well and truly over-for a while at least.

Players will always move, finding their level.It doesn''t mean a club is a ''selling club'' whatever that nonsense meansNewcastle have a higher income do to them being in the PL. That''s how it is.If Jacob is being offered a far higher salary and playing in a higher league then good luck to the lad.That''s how we got Maddison, Godfrey, Adam et al. I don''t remember any whining about those transfers.I trust Webber and the club to get the best out of the deal (if it happens) and move on

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Two words sum this up for me and they ain''t sinking ship ...

Food chain.[/quote]

You could call it, adjusting our ambitions to the new reality. Like I said before, its probably the sensible thing to do but the less committed will gradually start to drift away.Sad but inevitable.

Its what happens in football at our level. I remember being gutted when we sold Ron Davies, Hugh Curran, Darren Eadie, Ruel Fox etc. But then we do the same thing to likes of Coventry - Maddison, Godfrey from York. As said above its the ''food chain'' working in football.

Well it is going to be Sink or Swim for Webber / Farke big turn around of players this season

i do not think its a wrong thing and much needed with some high earning players out the door

if it works it will look like a masterstroke but if it goes badly wrong we will indeed be up 5hit creek

next season the wage bill will be down to a acceptable level and that was a must for the club to survive

lets just hope Webber gets it right

Interesting thread. I think it also reinforces how much you have to grab the Premier League chance when it comes your way because you can never be sure when it will come again.

Unfortunately that means you sometimes have to make ruthless and tough decisions when things start to slip. Look at the Southampton and Watford approach to changing manager when they thought they might slip away from the top division compared to ours. It could be argued that building for the long term is the right way to go, and by and large I agree with that, particularly when trying to get promoted in the first place. However it does reinforce that you absolutely have to do everything you can to stay in the premier league. Anyone remember how harshly Nigel Atkins was treated by Southampton when they started to struggle despite him taking them up? Hardly anyone would argue against it now I''ll wager.

i agree Hairy one thing i would say with our board Worthy / Hughton / AN were all given far to long to turn things around

hindsight is wonderful but those 3 managers most fans wanted gone much quicker and the board waited to long in sacking them

That must change if things are not working in the future

Now Norfolk, this brings up the question, why? When you''ve stood by two managers before and ended up in a worse position, why do it a third time, why not learn from previous mistakes and should this new coach fail to live up to expectations by January will the fans give him time as it''s a transition time?

Not sinking but possibly in danger of floundering on the rocks.....if our archaic navigation system isn''t functioning correctly......

why not learn from previous mistakes and should this new coach fail to live up to expectations by January will the fans give him time as it''s a transition time?

well indy i think we will have to see it is going to take time to see the new era / players in for it to turn nasty by January would take some down fall dare i something drastic like bottom 3 or something which i do not see happening