Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

scraping the barrel

so is webber going to actually sign someone who is actually an improvement on what we had/have got in this window ?

[quote user="iron_stan"]so is webber going to actually sign someone who is actually an improvement on what we had/have got in this window ?[/quote]

I think the centre back is a improvement, though he could have went to sloughbottom park and found a better CB.

If we did it still wouldn''t shut your moaning you miserable fecking ballbag.

And I''d say Husband is an improvement on Toffolo anyway.

Remember the days of Marc Tierney, Zak Whitbread and Andrew Crofts...they did pretty well while they were on our books! It''s a new era, young and hungry players that need coaching and developing...I''d rather that than players that think they deserve to be in the Prem and contribute to the third worst defensive record in the Championship

I think traditionally at this point, someone is supposed to say something about "relegation to league 1", a "fire sale" and "you couldn''t make it up"?

No traditionally the club can do what it likes because the clappers cheer anyone coming in and have very short memories.

We have gone from Olson & Dijks to Toffolo & Husband *(a third choice player from a rival)

From Ruddy (england set up) to Gunn (untested)

From Howson (5m) to Vrancic (600k)

I just hope you clappers dont expect much beyond mid table and then a relegation scrap when the last of the decent players leave next summer. This should have been the year to go for it before the parachute is spent. Instead we are clearly rolling over and settling for championship years ahead.

So feeling a bit fed up myself. But by all means clap and have a go- you did last year when I complained that lack of defence signings would hamper our promotion. And guess what....

So, the solution is to spend money we don''t have?

The damage has been done, be mad at the club/AN/Moxey/Mcnally whoever you blame for the past 3/4 years of poor transfers but what the club does now is out of necessity, Webber and Farke weren''t here and are doing all they can to make the best of the situation. The fans should be doing the same instead of getting all p155y about how much we''re spending on transfer fees.

I mean, does it really need to be said again? From Holt (450k) to Van Wolfswinkel (7m)

What a tremendous upgrade that was!

Yes, Olsson and Dijks were both better options than Toffolo / Husband. Wages and not wanting to be here has determined where we''re at. Graeme Bailey (Boro journo) has tweeted saying he thinks JH could have been first choice for Boro this season and is a mistake to let him go.

When was Ruddy last in the offing for England? We clearly couldn''t afford his wages beyond last season.

Howson didn''t want to be here. Vrancic is looking a very astute signing at this early stage.

Perception is a funny thing, time will tell how things work out for us but I''m optimistic we will have more fight and grit than last season. Now, let''s get this solid centre half in and see how we get on...realism is needed.

Given that my own belief is that the club is being held back by the board- yes I think it needs saying repeatedly. The stale air around Carrow Rd is tangible and the lack of investment obvious.

We are not even downgrading from top end champ players to mid table players but to unknowns and L1 priced players. I fear this doesnt end well. But by all means clap away and refuse to ever hold to account those who actually run the club. Am sure nephew Tom, having done nothing at all to assure us, will be brilliant when the retirement finally comes.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/transfers/wettbewerb/GB2

Our income value of players is worse than almost every club in the division thus far. Including Ipswich.

Let that sink in.

So , you''d rather sell your soul to an arab oil magnate, an indian investor or a russian megalomaniac then DCB...?

I too am critical of the board and would like to have someone at the helm with more cash...but not at all costs...

My opinion is: let''s give them a chance to show what they got, the signings might be good bussiness and they may do well for us.

I''d rather be a happy clapper than a pessimist...but that''s your choice...

signing 8 million pound players is beyond us now

and anyway do not mean will go up or improve the team e.g Naismith

i am sure the players maybe a little unknown and maybe lesser players but i bet the team are better this year

we need stoppers / defenders who defend first anything else is a bonus

We can''t say for certain if he''s any better than Toffolo, but at least it''s competition and cover. We have gone down in quality, but that''s to be expected regarding the fee and wages, we can''t afford what we had.

It''s about Farke getting the best out of the players he has.

I''m afraid without big rich owners this is our lot, we have to build on our budget, which is limited and reducing each year.

Without promotion next summer some of you will be really angry little birds!

He''s young and given a run we''ll see what he''s got.

Rob fleck - I don''t want a nasty owner but feel there is wide space between the crooks on one hand and our ageing fossils on the other. The things that finally did it for me being delias awful interview in which she damned global models and said she wound stick local and her bringing in of Ed Balls and nephew Tom.

The interview because, whilst her desire for local run clubs is noble and heart warming, it is naive. Like it or loathe it football has moved on from the early 90s but our board so obvisouly hasn''t and I believe that is why we spectacularly messed up two recent promotions.

The nephew and Ed Balls because I don''t like "jobs for the bus" but prefer to see merit rewarded. And I cannot be alone in noting that our demise coincides exactly with the arrival of ed Balls at the helm.

what do I want? Leadership that can take Norwich to where it deserves to be given its fan base and geographical uniqueness - the premiership. A stoke or palace model would be fine.

And I say all this with heavy heart - we all love Delia BUT good leadership is knowing when to step down as well as when to take over and this board is beyond stale.

So while everyone else is clapping happily DCB, what will you be doing?

1) Organising protests against Delia & Co to force them to sell the club?

2) Using your initiative and getting in touch with potential foreign investors, trying to impress upon them your deep love of the football club to persuade them to buy Delia out?

3) Maybe starting a crowdfunding campaign to raise much needed funds? (Every little helps)

or

4) Snivelling like a wretch at your keyboard just like you''ve done on this site for the last 13 years?

I''m guessing you don''t have the guts, brains or willpower to do anything else except 4.

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/transfers/wettbewerb/GB2

Our income value of players is worse than almost every club in the division thus far. Including Ipswich.

Let that sink in.[/quote]Yes, this is definitely ''scraping the barrel''.

As Norwich fans we have seen big players come and go some have been good some have failed

some cheaper players are better than the more expensive ones that has been proved over many years

how anyone knows how this season or signings will work out before the season starts is beyond me ?

will these people come on here and say you know what i slated these cheaper / free players before the season started and you know what they have turned out better than i expected i was WRONG !!

lets give the team and manager a chance

Stfu are you 8 years old or mentally challemged? Your post, whilst fabulously insulting, is so weak as to be funny.

Clearly I shall carry on reporting, hope the signings price shrewd and seeing where the roller coaster takes us. Have watched Norwich since 1984 so quite used to it

Just because I dare to be both critical and upbeat doesn''t make me a snivelling wretch. Nor does the fact that I have a job and family commitments, which make the leadership of the club beyond my pay grade, mean I cannot hold and share an opinion

Have a good day!

Agree we should give them a chance but this view needs balancing with the fact that outlay often mirrors Permian with in the modern game. The sides who spend the least tend to go down

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]Rob fleck - I don''t want a nasty owner but feel there is wide space between the crooks on one hand and our ageing fossils on the other. The things that finally did it for me being delias awful interview in which she damned global models and said she wound stick local and her bringing in of Ed Balls and nephew Tom.

The interview because, whilst her desire for local run clubs is noble and heart warming, it is naive. Like it or loathe it football has moved on from the early 90s but our board so obvisouly hasn''t and I believe that is why we spectacularly messed up two recent promotions.

The nephew and Ed Balls because I don''t like "jobs for the bus" but prefer to see merit rewarded. And I cannot be alone in noting that our demise coincides exactly with the arrival of ed Balls at the helm.

what do I want? Leadership that can take Norwich to where it deserves to be given its fan base and geographical uniqueness - the premiership.
A stoke or palace model would be fine.

And I say all this with heavy heart - we all love Delia BUT good leadership is knowing when to step down as well as when to take over and this board is beyond stale.[/quote]You''re an idiot...Oh I am sorry.[:$] I sincerely apologise. That was the reply I had prepared for City1st''s next contorted piece of dissembling on the EU thread. It somehow made its way here.But if you weren''t so one-eyed, to put it politely, you would have cottoned on to the fact that even the Balls haters here have gone quiet. They can see that he is providing leadership by trying a new way of running the club. It may or may not work. But he deserves the credit for being bold.

"Just because I dare to be both critical and upbeat............"

Upbeat???

Hang on Purple since Ed Balls took his position and Bowkett left we''ve seen nothing but relegation, uninspiring championship season, a debt of about 7 million in last set of accounts and now a huge player sale and budget constraints on the players we can buy!

I''m not sure why we should be so quiet over Ed!

I worries me, weve gone from Ollson and Dijks to Husband and Toffolo.

No progression what so ever, in fact a massive back step.

Purple i am not a ball''s hater at all but i thought you were a bit more ITK than than to think this was a balls masterstroke !!!!

the New system was brought in because Delia wanted Stone as CEO he quite rightly said he needed time to think about this (intrim) he was unsure of that role / job due to lack of football knowledge he is a finance man and needed someone who knew the football side of things aka webber

Stone was offered the job of CEO the night Moxey was sacked ( he didn''t leave )

So not a balls masterstroke and as i know what went on little to do with balls at all

DCB, sorry, I was a little bit over the top there-thanks for the restrained reply, you''re obviously not "Angry of Tunbridge Wells"!

I do get annoyed however at the continued comments from people about "Happy Clappers". That''s what fans are supposed to do, clap and support their team. If they don''t then the alternative is the protests that I mentioned-but nobody is arranging any protests, therefore things can''t really be that bad can they?

Anyway, my post was just to stand up for the Happy Clappers!

Have a good day too.