Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

New signing tomorrow

Captain Birdseye wrote the following post at 14/07/2017 9:08 AM:

I wonder how many German Anglian combination players we will sign by the end of the window

Stowmarket duo pocketing yet more cash 💰 by the sound of it

Zzzzzzz!

I know nothing about these new lads - but Bundesliga II is significantly better than Zimmermans previous level - and much more akin to our level - in theory he should be much more ready if he can adapt to the physicality of the english game.

I really think this could be a good signing and we can finally get our leaky defence sorted out!

I think we can all agree...our defence and GK cost us a play-off spot last season. At least Webber and Farke are trying to get it sorted out!

"I wonder how many German Anglian combination players we will sign by the end of the window

Stowmarket duo pocketing yet more cash 💰 by the sound of it"

Anglian Combination is probably be our level if it weren''t for those wonderful people - we''re lucky to have them.

[quote user="Captain Birdseye"]I wonder how many German Anglian combination players we will sign by the end of the window

Stowmarket duo pocketing yet more cash 💰 by the sound of it[/quote]I''m not really a fan of these prediction competitions but if pushed I''ll go for 8.

It''s a bit like a real life game of Football Manager at the moment: when you take on a team with a minimal budget and start scouting nations that you know historically to be technically competent.

Most signings are a gamble, especially at this level where a player can thrive at one club, but not another. What I am very pleased about is that we are overhauling the defence (only a couple of years later than I would have liked) and we are doing our business early.

My positive slant on it is that Farke and Webber know who they want and are making sure they get them rather than messing about until deadline day. And if they know who they want, it suggests they have scouted them or know them sufficiently to know that they will fit in to our style of play and our squad.

I''m far more happy with this type of young player with potential and a good attitude than what we get with journeymen pros looking to top up their retirement fund.

It''s more exciting to see if these type of signings work out than waiting to see the expensive overrated fringe premiership old boys fail.

Good times indeed and at a responsible price and wage structure to meet our level.

More of the same please.

[quote user="Captain Birdseye"]I wonder how many German Anglian combination players we will sign by the end of the window

Stowmarket duo pocketing yet more cash 💰 by the sound of it[/quote]

Didnt Martin, Bennett, Hoolahan, Pilkington, Bruce etc all come from the 3rd tier of English football and got us promoted at various points in time. Surely the second tier of german football is better, cos after all arent Germany world champions? I am excited by it all it will be different and hopefully successful.

I was just going to post "If not Leistner, then Franke", the reason being that Franke was being heavily touted in Germany as Leistner''s intended replacement at Union Berlin if Leistner were sold. 

Welcome Marcel. We needed two CBs and a LB, and now Webber and Farke have brought in just that. Unsure about the outgoings, the 10 that have left have all been ones im not to worried about losing, but the Olly and Jacob stories will not go away.But certainly  for the incomings, overall pleased with the signings, and at the quickness of getting them in.