Sign in to follow this  
Commando Canary

New Away Kit Released

Can''t say im a fan of it. It needs a collar. Would have rather something like the ones Mason had created.

Naa. I would prefer to see some green and/or yellow in the kit.  A yellow stripe, a green collar or something that clearly identifies my team as Norwich.   The badge on there is not enough to make the team identifiable from the stands.   I hope this migraine inducing kit is not going cause migraine inducing football at away matches.

I agree with ldc would''ve the stipes to be yellow or green or a combination of the two.

"The badge on there is not enough to make the team identifiable from the stands."Well, you''ll normally have a 50/50 chance of working out which team is us?Apples

I think it looks pretty smart, but I''m going to wait for the third kit before I decide.

It''s definitely a marmite top you either love it or hate it! I''m not a fan of the change of colour on the side panels.

By the way it was nice of AN to stand in the background in his maroon City top.

re: Something to highlight it''s Norwich in second and third kits.

In recent memory, a second or third kit which had that was the terrible trio of kits we had in our most recent foray into the PL.

So no, I don''t think having something that suggests its Norwich in a 2nd or 3rd strip is worthwhile. The badge suffices.

[quote user="Morgan"]re: Something to highlight it''s Norwich in second and third kits.

In recent memory, a second or third kit which had that was the terrible trio of kits we had in our most recent foray into the PL.

So no, I don''t think having something that suggests its Norwich in a 2nd or 3rd strip is worthwhile. The badge suffices.[/quote]

The badge does not suffice imo.  I agree about the terrible kits in the last PL seson, but it doesn''t have to be so blatantly yellow and green. A black and grey kit is fine, but a liitle bit of yellow or green somewhere in the design would have been sensible. It''s all down to marketing, but I would not buy a kit that reminded me more of a Newcastle kit than of a Norwich one.

Mate how does that even look like Newcastle?! It''s not yellow and white vertical stripes is it?! Looks more like Liverpool''s third kit from a few seasons ago.

I love it when Norwich steer clear of the usual yellow and home green away. But that''s me. I loved the away kit from 14/15 with the maroon top quarter.

I think it''s pretty ok. Both kits so far this year are good, passable efforts, but neither are the sort of thing I''ll rush out and buy.

Have a feeling the third shirt will be another ''fans-favourite'' effort to offset how different this one is.

I''m still waiting for a full return of the classic ''canary droppings'' shirt, last season''s 3rd kit was a great nod to this (and looked good IMHO), but maybe we can bring it back in all it''s glory going forwards?

[quote user="Morgan"]Mate how does that even look like Newcastle?! It''s not yellow and white vertical stripes is it?! [/quote]

Agreed, its not really Newcastle, but with black and white stripes on the sleeves, it''s more Newcastle than Norwich!

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]I think it''s horrible 😀[/quote] I normally don''t care about away kits but that really is quite awful. It looks like someone''s rejected idea of what a biker gang would wear in some dreary Max Mad-style post-apocalypse world.

"It looks like someone''s rejected idea of what a biker gang would wear in some dreary Max Mad-style post-apocalypse world."The hipsters will love it then...Apples

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Lakey in being a whingeing old fanny over something irrelevant shocker.[/quote]

Nice one. Whingeing about whingeing. [Y]And it''s hardly irrelevant when you pay good money to go and see your club away from home and see something that bears some resemblance to a Norwich team, with a bit of yellow and/or green somewhere, rather than some fancy designer induced monochrome dullness. 

Like it, think it looks more like a leisure top than a football shirt, which might be nice for those who don''t like wearing their shirts at away games ? be better if it doesn''t have a sponsor on the back.