Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

Farke's Mission Impossible

The chickens are already coming home to roost after last night''s defensive omnishambles as a result of Norwich City''s refusal to adequately strengthen the defence.

Even allowing for the 2 defenders brought in, I would still argue that a complete new back four is required, as things stand. But the club, as ever, is still infatuated with midfielders and will no doubt add to that department instead of the defence.

The problems at the back are as follows: Pinto is not a defender; Klose is a fish out of water in the Chumps; Martin is a joke and Husband an example of downsizing to the loss of parachute payments.

The biggest problem of all is that NCFC has an eternal collective blind spot when it comes to that back four issue. From Delia down to the tiniest tot of a fan, it really is regarded as the Cinderella department on the pitch. And to think that the boy Farke doesn''t like to concede goals. He is going to have to get used to it because the club he has joined always likes to concede for fun and so will do nothing to stop the rot as he sees it.

[quote user="Big Vince"]The biggest problem of all is...[/quote]Posters like Pig Mince.Farke''s real ''Mission Impossible'' would be to get you (and others of your miserable ilk) to shut the hell up tbh...

Any sense of logic will self destruct in 5 seconds.The other great TV series that Leonard Nimoy was in. #notjustspock.

Posters should cut Big Vince some slack. He is even more paranoid than usual due to having this terrible pain in all the diodes down his left side.

The biggest problem is people who jump off the deep end when we are clearly in pre-season mode. The players are being worked harder than usual, playing games after heavy training sessions for which they should feel the benefits during the season ahead.

They are also learning a new mode of playing. In the same way that winning these games shouldn''t be looked at as being particularly ''relevant'', nor should losing or drawing them

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]The biggest problem is people who jump off the deep end when we are clearly in pre-season mode. The players are being worked harder than usual, playing games after heavy training sessions for which they should feel the benefits during the season ahead.

They are also learning a new mode of playing. In the same way that winning these games shouldn''t be looked at as being particularly ''relevant'', nor should losing or drawing them[/quote]

But conceding goals has been a bad habit that has continued for a very long time - pre-season and season, year in, year out.

[quote user="Big Vince"]Being too dim to understand the quote function has been a bad habit that has continued for a very long time - pre-season and season, year in, year out.[/quote][Y] [:D]

"when it comes to that back four issue." Pig Mincewe get issued with defenders ?how novel

Whilst Pig Mince is her usual drama queen self she does have some points. Our defense is still a problem that needs solving and has been for a few seasons now.

I''d love to get all this optimism but for the first time in a long time I''m not getting it. We have a head coach who has no first team or English football experience as either a manager or player yet everybody seems to think he''s the best we''ve had for years,why? We are selling/releasing players who are then being replaced again with mainly untried players(although Gunn was a good signing)and Webber is following the exact same course he took at Huddersfield hoping lightning will strike twice but it rarely does kinda like Lambert was great here and it went downhill when he left or Howe at Bournemouth who left and was a disaster and went back and it clicked again,different things work at different clubs. I do hope to be proven well and truly wrong.

The problems with the defence were as much our own ''drama queens'' within the squad.Many of the best managers had pretty much unspectacular playing careers - and all too often the reverse. Some of the players who were released were "untried players " when they joined us. I would hardly call Watkins, Reed and Husband as untried, not Bosnian international Vrancic untried.Lambert had not set the football world alight before he joined us nor Walker or Stringer before they stepped up. Ron Saunders.. who is he ?So maybe given them a chance, much of the problems (players) have gone, and we have an excellent group of young players coming through.Why not see how things are come Aug 5th and then after a few games ?You might well be pleasantly surprise

[quote user="Dion Dublin Legend"][quote user="TCCANARY"]
Any sense of logic will self destruct in 5 seconds.

The other great TV series that Leonard Nimoy was in. #notjustspock.

[/quote] Fringe?[/quote]

I love Fringe !  Well, still not 100% sure about the last series or so, but the first few series are epic, there''s no doubt.

I still waiting to see who we get from our back four issueand when does it come out /weekly ?monthly ?

Big Vince''s editorial style reminds me very much of the Rodong Sinmun, North Korea''s state website. Big Vince''s sense of extravagant rhetoric is unmatched in these parts!Given Big Vince''s grave concerns about the future of the club that Big Vince clearly loves so dearly, I''m sure Big Vince won''t pass up on the opportunity to grill three of the club''s most senior officials at tonight''s NCFSC event. See you there, Big Vince!

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]Big Vince''s editorial style reminds me very much of the Rodong Sinmun, North Korea''s state website. Big Vince''s sense of extravagant rhetoric is unmatched in these parts!Given Big Vince''s grave concerns about the future of the club that Big Vince clearly loves so dearly, I''m sure Big Vince won''t pass up on the opportunity to grill three of the club''s most senior officials at tonight''s NCFSC event. See you there, Big Vince![/quote]

There was a lot of candour regarding the recent failings of the club, yet there have been no resignations from the Board. How do the people who got so many things horribly wrong now think they can get it perfectly right?

I was alarmed at the boy Webber''s allusion to the fact that Norwich will not go for certain players because they might be too defensive (full backs who defend the back stick, etc). It seems that the Webberlution is no lution at all - City will continue to be expansive and concede lots of goals. How this is going to square with the boy Farke''s goals against average of nought point something per game, and desire not to concede, remains to be seen.

The boy Farke is heavily into cheesecake. How this impacts the season ahead also remains to be seen.

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="Feedthewolf"]Big Vince''s editorial style reminds me very much of the Rodong Sinmun, North Korea''s state website. Big Vince''s sense of extravagant rhetoric is unmatched in these parts!Given Big Vince''s grave concerns about the future of the club that Big Vince clearly loves so dearly, I''m sure Big Vince won''t pass up on the opportunity to grill three of the club''s most senior officials at tonight''s NCFSC event. See you there, Big Vince![/quote]

There was a lot of candour regarding the recent failings of the club, yet there have been no resignations from the Board. How do the people who got so many things horribly wrong now think they can get it perfectly right?

I was alarmed at the boy Webber''s allusion to the fact that Norwich will not go for certain players because they might be too defensive (full backs who defend the back stick, etc). It seems that the Webberlution is no lution at all - City will continue to be expansive and concede lots of goals. How this is going to square with the boy Farke''s goals against average of nought point something per game, and desire not to concede, remains to be seen.

The boy Farke is heavily into cheesecake. How this impacts the season ahead also remains to be seen.[/quote]I''m glad that you''ve bought the effect of cheesecake on our season otherwise your post would''ve had nothing interesting in it.

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="Feedthewolf"]Big Vince''s editorial style reminds me very much of the Rodong Sinmun, North Korea''s state website. Big Vince''s sense of extravagant rhetoric is unmatched in these parts!Given Big Vince''s grave concerns about the future of the club that Big Vince clearly loves so dearly, I''m sure Big Vince won''t pass up on the opportunity to grill three of the club''s most senior officials at tonight''s NCFSC event. See you there, Big Vince![/quote]

The boy Farke is heavily into cheesecake. How this impacts the season ahead also remains to be seen.[/quote]Fair play Vince, looks like you were there last night – in which case, I''m surprised you didn''t ask any searching questions (none of the questions were particularly confrontational, anyway).As usual you''re skewing the truth to suit your agenda – if Farke is so keen on defensive football, why did he list his greatest managerial influences as Guardiola, Hitzfeld and Menotti? And Webber was clearly using that as an example of the kind of player he wanted, saying that if we were Ipswich then we might like our full-backs to be 6''2" and defend the back post well as a priority, whereas in their vision of the game they are looking for players who are versatile and technically sound, rather than long-ball merchants. Would you rather we hired a seasoned old dinosaur like Warnock to try and muscle our way out of the division, or invest in intelligent coaches with a focus on youth from one of the world''s most successful coaching setups?And surely resignations from the board would imply that they are not fully behind the new regime – surely the best chance of success is by being united behind the vision of the people they have only just employed?One thing we do share in common is an interest in how the cheesecake will affect our fortunes. The currywurst could also be pivotal, I''m sure you''ll agree.