Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Nelson off...

I asked Webber last night about Oliviera and Jerome and he said he expected them both to be here at the start of the season.Maybe he lied!

Nelson''s agent is Jorge Mendes, the man advising Wolves on transfers. If Nelson does have the rumoured release clause then Mendes would know exactly what it is, as he would have negotiated it.

There is a huge issue I think around players'' agents working for football clubs as it represents a conflict of interest, but such is life.

A blow to lose him, and another position Webber will have to get working on. Sure he has a list as long as your arm of potential replacements.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Nelson''s agent is Jorge Mendes, the man advising Wolves on transfers. If Nelson does have the rumoured release clause then Mendes would know exactly what it is, as he would have negotiated it.

There is a huge issue I think around players'' agents working for football clubs as it represents a conflict of interest, but such is life.

A blow to lose him, and another position Webber will have to get working on. Sure he has a list as long as your arm of potential replacements.[/quote]Are you implying that you believe this is a fait accompli, Bethnal?

With the situation with Mendes advising Wolves, and the fact they are throwing cash around, I can see it happening pretty quickly. Especially if there is a release clause in Nelson''s contract.

Wouldn''t be surprised if this happened at all.

If Oliviera thinks it''s wise to go to a club that have chosen Ryan Bennett, his footballing judgement can''t be as good as we thought.

I wouldn''t be surprised if Wolves are offering silly money. The man advising them will of course take a cut of fee and salary as he also represents the player.

Wolves already have 5 Mendes players on their books - he is making a pretty packet out of them.

Its worth noting that the account that has broken this news is William Hill Betting. Not exactly the most reliable source there is. Purely based on where the money has been bet. Norwichs manager odds were twice closed before farke was appointed so ill wait to hear from a more reliable source before i jump to any conclusions

It''s all well and good pocketing £10m+ for Jacob and Nelson, but if we don''t reinvest a serious amount of that money then a lot of the goodwill the new team have built up will evaporate very quickly. Interesting couple of weeks ahead.

Absolute Bull- S**te.

Why on why do so many believe the crap the press sprout in their ever increasing grasp of getting supporters to read their tripe.

Webber stated clearly he expects Jerome and Oliveira to be here next season - and they will.

Whatever next - they will be reporting that Reading have had a bid accepted and he is in talks with them!

I don''t think we could replace him. And that is a big worry - swapping him for an old donkey like Daryl Murphy is what would most likely happen.

We are sliding backwards at a rate of knots -with kids and risks replacing established championship players

Well, no media outlets have actually reported this so it isn''t about getting hits and clicks.

As mentioned the main force has come from William Hill saying they have heard it is pretty much a done deal and won''t take bets on it.

Whether that is accurate or not is another matter.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I wouldn''t be surprised if Wolves are offering silly money. The man advising them will of course take a cut of fee and salary as he also represents the player.

Wolves already have 5 Mendes players on their books - he is making a pretty packet out of them.[/quote]If there is a release clause it''s yet another example of how poorly our transfers have been negotiated in the past season or two. Absolutely shocking! I am going to set my season ticket ablaze if this happens. I''m also sick of all the rumours now! Why on earth Webber decided to say ''Every player is for sale at the right price'' is beyond me. It just elevates speculation and gives other clubs the impetus to come knocking.

[quote user="City 2nd"]Absolute Bull- S**te.

Why on why do so many believe the crap the press sprout in their ever increasing grasp of getting supporters to read their tripe.

Webber stated clearly he expects Jerome and Oliveira to be here next season - and they will.

Whatever next - they will be reporting that Reading have had a bid accepted and he is in talks with them![/quote]Bethnal''s comments regarding Mendes worry me – he''s not the type to follow sensationalist rumours. Highly likely Wolves are at least sniffing around him, and if they offer £10m and higher wages, why wouldn''t he go? Most modern-day footballers are essentially mercenaries anyway.

DCB

Name one player that is ''an old donkey'' that Stuart Webber has ever bought? At Norwich or Huddersfield?

His track record speaks for itself, he has an excellent hit rate in transfers and would be interesting to see what he could do with a decent budget. Which I''m sure he would be given if Norwich were to make £20m from Jacob+Nelson.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I wouldn''t be surprised if Wolves are offering silly money. The man advising them will of course take a cut of fee and salary as he also represents the player.

Wolves already have 5 Mendes players on their books - he is making a pretty packet out of them.[/quote]If there is a release clause it''s yet another example of how poorly our transfers have been negotiated in the past season or two. Absolutely shocking! I am going to set my season ticket ablaze if this happens. I''m also sick of all the rumours now! Why on earth Webber decided to say ''Every player is for sale at the right price'' is beyond me. It just elevates speculation and gives other clubs the impetus to come knocking.

I don''t think either William Hill or the Reading Chronicle would completely fabricate a story without hearing something. The fact that the stories are both about the same player is also no coincidence.

That''s not that I think the stories are true. Chances are Nelson''s agent is whispering into as many ears as he can find to stir up something. Whether Nelson is involved himself is a mystery.

I don''t really remember the time before agents took over football, but I''m sure it was a better one.

Why post this, if there is no f*/#é"ng reliable source , just Wolves fans and William Hill tw@ttering it?

I don''t think this will happen , unless Wolves are prepared to pay a bucket load of money...''cause "every player has his price" .... cliche.....

[quote user="BobLoz3"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I wouldn''t be surprised if Wolves are offering silly money. The man advising them will of course take a cut of fee and salary as he also represents the player.

Wolves already have 5 Mendes players on their books - he is making a pretty packet out of them.[/quote]If there is a release clause it''s yet another example of how poorly our transfers have been negotiated in the past season or two. Absolutely shocking! I am going to set my season ticket ablaze if this happens. I''m also sick of all the rumours now! Why on earth Webber decided to say ''Every player is for sale at the right price'' is beyond me. It just elevates speculation and gives other clubs the impetus to come knocking. [/quote]It''s looks like your ability in posting on this forum is about as impressive as your understanding of what goes on in football.
  1. "If there is a release clause it''s yet another example of how poorly our

transfers have been negotiated in the past season or two." Having a release clause is in no way an indication of how well we, or any other club, carries out transfers. From what I can see, almost every player has a release clause these days, or at least the halfway decent ones.
  2. "I''m also sick of all the rumours now!" I would bet that if there weren''t any rumours you''d be one of the ones on here complaining that our club wasn''t doing anything. Plus rumours are (rarely) anything to do with our club, as others have said it''s either clickbait from websites, or agents trying to drum up some interest, so no stick to beat the club with there.
  3. "Why on earth Webber decided to say ''Every player is for sale at the right price'' is beyond me." Because it''s true. He''s being open and honest with us - would you prefer something else? And this is true of almost, in fact, probably every club.

Take a deep breath and chill.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="BobLoz3"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I wouldn''t be surprised if Wolves are offering silly money. The man advising them will of course take a cut of fee and salary as he also represents the player.

Wolves already have 5 Mendes players on their books - he is making a pretty packet out of them.[/quote]If there is a release clause it''s yet another example of how poorly our transfers have been negotiated in the past season or two. Absolutely shocking! I am going to set my season ticket ablaze if this happens. I''m also sick of all the rumours now! Why on earth Webber decided to say ''Every player is for sale at the right price'' is beyond me. It just elevates speculation and gives other clubs the impetus to come knocking. [/quote]It''s looks like your ability in posting on this forum is about as impressive as your understanding of what goes on in football.

transfers have been negotiated in the past season or two." Having a release clause is in no way an indication of how well we, or any other club, carries out transfers. From what I can see, almost every player has a release clause these days, or at least the halfway decent ones.
  2. "I''m also sick of all the rumours now!" I would bet that if there weren''t any rumours you''d be one of the ones on here complaining that our club wasn''t doing anything. Plus rumours are (rarely) anything to do with our club, as others have said it''s either clickbait from websites, or agents trying to drum up some interest, so no stick to beat the club with there.
  3. "Why on earth Webber decided to say ''Every player is for sale at the right price'' is beyond me." Because it''s true. He''s being open and honest with us - would you prefer something else? And this is true of almost, in fact, probably every club.

[/quote]Just getting involved for fun... Maybe you should chill out? I mean, with your posts and in life in general. I am a long time lurker, I just don''t post that often, usually because halfwits like you come back with unfriendly responses... Keyboard warrior!Have a fun weekend.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="BobLoz3"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I wouldn''t be surprised if Wolves are offering silly money. The man advising them will of course take a cut of fee and salary as he also represents the player.

transfers have been negotiated in the past season or two."
    Having a release clause is in no way an indication of how well we, or any other club, carries out transfers. From what I can see, almost every player has a release clause these days, or at least the halfway decent ones.

[/quote]How do you think, for example, we got Vrancic so cheaply?

Fair enough the club need to get rid of a few to balance the books but the club KNOW not replacing Murphy and Oliveira with strong replacements would spell disaster and would ruin any hope of us getting promoted in the foreseeable future. Have more faith in Webber et al. The only way Daryl Murphy would come in is if he was to replace Jerome too.

Alan Nixon now saying Reading are back in strongly for Olly, that thou things have gone quiet since last weeks Reading  story, far from it being over, it was merely a "blip" and now its back on again.

Things could be worse...Sunderland have signed James Vaughan for close to a million quid.Apples