Sign in to follow this  
charlies dad

thank god.

At last someone has found a backbone at colney. Now one swallow doesnt make a summer, but for now, lets just enjoy this. The usual suspects, Safri et al, need no introduction to praise from this quarter, but how about a thought for Doherty, who takes stick even when he doesnt play. Top performance from him alongside Davenport. Thanks also to Ian Pearce, for turning us down and allowing a vastly superior centre half to come here instead. This is only the start of the hard work, we need to follow this up with quick victories in league and cup to really get momentum, but its now been proved, we can do it. Spare a thought for dean bowditch as well, who ''despises'' Norwich City. Well that goes both ways pal, enjoy your weekend.

I agree that this could be the springboard to our season. If we can dominate other teams as much as this we should start to accumulate points and move up the league

Quite right CD, if we had had such a centre back combination last season we would still be in the Prem.

Perhaps this will be a wake up call to Worthy, when the time comes for Davenport to return, to replace him with similar quality and forget about 2 million quid centre forwards.

hi charlie''s dad

just as well dean bowditch doesn''t think much of us, where would we fit him in our team?  lol

I too am pleased that doherty had a good game - just thankful they all did, the real test to show we have turned the corner will be against a team we hope to replace in the top of the table, reading being the next one we meet

if we play 90 mins against them and win i might become a bit more convinced - ipswich are in an even worse state than us re their small squad and financial status, and against ten men for most of the game we should have beaten them - though given the circumstances we should have won by more than one goal

i wonder if, despite the wholesale changes, whether worthy will stick with a winning team for a sustained period (barring injuries), guess we will have to wait and see

I think it''s true to say that this has to be the start of season for us.  A good run of results is what''s needed now and not to capitulate in the next league game.

Anyway I know it''s only one win but Worthy has come in for lots of  criticism (some being unfair)but he made some very, very brave decisions yesterday and he deserves his plaudits when they are due.  He could have come undone big style yesterday if it had all gone wrong.  Dropping Flem and Shackell and not recalling Hux, can you imagine what it would have been like if we had lost?  The man well and truly put his head on chopping block and he really has "Stood up and been counted".  Now I know we only beat a 10-man, poor Ipsw*ch side but at the end of the day, all you can do is beat the team you are playing.