Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Bielik

Can''t imagine this would preclude a loan move – they already have Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gabriel, Holding, Chambers, Monreal and Kolosinac who can play CB.

I wouldn''t imagine so. A loanee would make sense here to give us depth- Klose, Martin, Franke, Zimmerman and him. This gives us the flexibility to play a back three if we want, plus Martin might be needed to fill in at right back in a back four.

[quote user="canarydan23"]I would imagine now that any new CB depends on getting a buyer for Klose.[/quote]If we''re planning on playing 3 at the back at times next season I would hope we''d sign 1 more. Bielik would make sense as he can cover in midfield too.

I''ve not been paying attention, are we looking like playing three at the back?

I thought Farke favoured a 4-1-4-1? Arsenal would probably expect Bielik to play a fair few games, as would the player, I''m just struggling to see how him, Zimmerman, Franke and Klose could harmoniously exist in the squad, especially with Martin with his new contract and desire to play CB.

Farke said quite explicitly that Zimmermann isn''t yet at a level to be considered a regular starter. There must be question marks over Klose (will he still be here when the transfer window closes?) and Martin (does Farke see him as a first choice starter, or as experienced backup?). Which leaves only Franke. I''d say there''s still plenty of scope for bringing in Bielik on loan if we have that option.

And another permanent given I feel Klose will be sold. The 4 1 4 1 formation lends itself to being subject to change into a 3 at the back situation should the need arise