Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Who is in your back 4 ??

well now we have signed some more defenders and people have said the Defence was leaky last season who would you pick for your back four ??

i can only really see one change so far thats not really enough is it ??

Pinto Martin Klose Husband

i understand things will change from time to time and form etc but why offer Martin a new contract if he was to be left out ?

Pinto is better RB than Martin

Klose should be and has the abilty to be our best CB

Husband should be 1st choice over Toffolo

so that leaves the only place left for change is 1x CB place for Martin Zimmerman and Franke

Am convinced we will be fully prepared to play three CB''s to rest FB''s or for when they get injured.

I feel Marcel Franke will be more than a bench warmer

I tend to agree with the above in that I believe we now have a suite of centre-halves and will be using a mix of Wildschut, Lewis, Pinto, Husband and Murphy twin(s) to support a heavy back 3.

Difficult to say without having seen Franke play but I''d guess Pinto, Franke, Klose and Husbands.

As others have mentioned though a back three may be on the cards.

Best available players in order for each position would probably be

RB - Pinto/Martin/Godfrey

CB - Klose/Franke/Zimmermann/Martin/Godfrey

LB - Husband/Toffolo/Lewis

To be honest I get the impression that Farke doesn''t really rate Toffolo - only given him 2 45-minute runouts so far, signed Husband who''s not really all that much older or more experienced but maybe fits Farke''s style better; and promoting Lewis who wasn''t on anyone''s radar a month ago but clearly did something to impress doesn''t exactly bode well for young Harry. I wouldnt be totally surprised to see us bring in another CB who can also play left sided and Toffolo sent out on loan again.

Tough to name main back 4 without having some more difficult friendlies. And lewis seems to be very highly rated by farke. Russ also saying gow he is one of the youth players he is most excited by and that he can be big for this team in coming years. Imagine efete will get some minutes tomorrow too, so with pinto likely to miss start of season, will probably be between him and Russ for that position against Fulham

[quote user="hampton canary"]Godfrey, Franke, Zimmerman, Husband if he plays back four. Franke, AZimmerman, Klose if he plays back three.[/quote]

Any formotion as long as Martin is on the bench

Don''t forget (as I mentioned in another thread) 4 1 lends itself to being a 3 4 or 4 3 depending on situation. If I was going for a straight up 4 then it''d be :

Pinto

Martin

Franke

Husband

Personally I feel Klose is on his way which means we''ll have a loan CB in the shape of Beilik I''d guess - only from media speculation though. Might be someone else

[quote user="Morgan"]

Personally I feel Klose is on his way which means we''ll have a loan CB in the shape of Beilik I''d guess - only from media speculation though. Might be someone else[/quote]

Klose for Leistner?

Even as cover, I can''t see Russell Martin playing right-back, so I''m expecting some young Premiership youth teamer to come in on loan.First choice is probably Pinto Klose Franke Husband, assuming Klose isn''t for the exit. It''d surprise me if Klose goes, as Franke and Zimmerman seem to be in his image.

Efete / Pinto when fit - Klose - Franke - Husband, Zimmerman as backup, Efete seems more at home at right back than Godfrey.

I might be alone in this but I''m not really expecting Zimmerman to be much more than a backup. He''s a 24 year old who was playing in a division that is about conference standard. Early reports from people who''ve been at pre season also seem to suggest he''s extremely slow. I imagine he''s a bit of ''good pro, squad body.''

[quote user="king canary"]I might be alone in this but I''m not really expecting Zimmerman to be much more than a backup. He''s a 24 year old who was playing in a division that is about conference standard. Early reports from people who''ve been at pre season also seem to suggest he''s extremely slow. I imagine he''s a bit of ''good pro, squad body.''[/quote]

He has to be up to first team standard though, if he''s not it''s a waste of resources whatever we are paying him. I agree though it sounds like he''s been brought in as backup. Back four wise we wont really know anything about the new players until we''ve all seen abit more of them, so were all in the new structures hands, i could have no way of knowing who should play and if these players are better than what we have/had, as being honest i''d not heard of any of them before.