Sign in to follow this  
Herbert

Risky business

We are placing a huge amount of faith in the new management team who on the face of it appear to be bringing in a lot of average players from Germany. I really hope it pays off... but if it doesnt and we inevitably end up removing the management team we will be left with a team that no new manager or other teams would want. We then have to rebuild massively but this time with no money behind us - unless the club is sold.

Am sure others have raised this but I havent been here in a long while... just concerned about this as a strategy. Really hope I am wrong but this club is too often run on blind faith. The strategy all seems to hinge on Webber having had one successful season at Huddersfield and that to me isnt enough to justify signing all of these (on the face of it) very average players from Germany.

Herbert we are not just signing any old players from Germany

most would have been spotted by Farke or Webber over time and well scouted by webber last season for huddersfield or played against a farke team

Farke should know the lower German leagues well so i imagine these are the best available to a club our size

you have to trust Farke and webber until proved otherwise if they fail then we can say they were wrong until then enjoy the fresh players we are signing

A lot?

I''ve counted three.

It was inevitable once a German coach was appointed that he would look towards his homeland for one or two new recruits. Players he has some knowledge of but would inevitably be unknowns to us.

Neither do I think you''ll find Vrancic to be ''average,'' to say nothing of the other two.

Three German League, four homegrown (including MW) about right, imo.

Vrancic is a more than capable replacement for Howson. Whilst the defenders are untested at this level I struggle to believe that they''ll actually be worse than what we had last year.Assuming there are no more major departures I don''t think it''s as big a risk as some are making out.

Over here, Hungarian club Ferecváros under German Head Coach Thomas Doll, (who happens to a bit of a Farke lookalike) singed German players of similar pedigree - without much success. They were not ripping out trees and were typically released early - after making some crucial and costly errors.

I am not saying that it will work out the same for City - actually I do hope not - just saying. Bundesliga 2 players may have potential but not necessarily world beaters.

Webber and Wagner were very successful for Huddersfield, so I am optimistic that Webber & Farke will be equally successful for us in the transfer market.

It''s all a gamble.'' Young and hungry '' seems to be the way forward right now. It couldn''t have worked better when Lambert was hereOn the bright side if the imports do turn out to be duds the financial damage will be less than that spunked away by the previous management team.

It is logical to put faith in a new management team otherwise why bother. The signings have the potential to be good championship players but the proof will be when we start. The wage bill looks a lot lower as well as the age of the squad

hopeful we will have

a decent season

I would suggest that the overall technical ability and coaching in Germany is way ahead of England....and many, if not all countries.Just look at their National teams successes lately ...at many levels.Seeing that Football is, in itself, a ''risky business'', i would deduce that employing German footballers and staff, at reasonable rates, lessens that risk.

I think it''s going to end in tears,and very quickly.

[quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]I think it''s going to end in tears,and very quickly.[/quote]

thisleague 1 beckons

[quote user="iron_stan"]league 1 beckons[/quote]
Fingers crossed, stan!

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]I think it''s going to end in tears,and very quickly.[/quote]

thisleague 1 beckons[/quote][url]https://twitter.com/mattjohnson333/status/885904870427025409[/url]

I have said the same as you iron-Stan if this goes tits up we''re will we end up