Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Anglia News

I''ve just tuned in to the 6.30pm Anglia News.

With baited breath I waited for the report of today''s game - to see the goal, to see the jubliant Canaries, to hear the whinging Royle. What did I get - an item about a load of people walking round a resorvoir, another one about grown men building toy boats and more rubbish about other worthless and irrelevant so called "news" items.

This was followed by what seemed like a 10 minute weather report come forecast.

Ipswich v Norwich ? - absolutely nothing, not even the result.

Please someone, tell me I haven''t been dreaming all day !!

Come on Anglia News - surely today''s match was by far the single biggest event of interest across the region so why did we get nothing ?

I can only assume the Producer is a Town supporter.

This is not the type of service we expect from one of the major broadcasters in the Country so please sort it out !

I didn''t see the news program, but i wouldn''t be at all surprised if their was no mention of a Norwich win.  Aren''t their headquarters in Norwich?!

I bet if Ipswich would have won it would be a 10 minute slot dedicated to them.

Media coverage in East Anglia has always been biased towards the scum.

I remember 4-5 years back, we signed Mulryne and Dalgleish on the same day (pretty massive signings at the time :-)), and was there a mention on Anglia News, was their hell as like....but they managed to get in a report of Ipswichs'' next game.

As you said. Ipswich fans must run the media. Probably why theres been no mention of Joe Royles off the pitch antics :-)

That''s because it was the main story and on first!!! They showed about 5 minutes of the whole day in all. Should be on monday nights news, maybe with more highlights as well. They usually do...

PRIDE OF EAST ANGLIA

They showed the sending off and the goal on Anglia news at 2.20pm but it was about 10 secs of action. Surely a game of this stature deserves more coverage on the news if not a programme dedicated to the derby highlights. I remember a number of seasons ago when they used to show regional games on Anglia and certainly the highlights! As we played on sunday we don''t get a slot on the Champ highlights. It''s a hard life for football fans if you don''t support a prem club and can''t easily make it to games!

I know we are not premiership and its the premiership that rocks Sky''s boat but you would think we, and yes, Ipswich, warrent a bit more airtime for this particular game.

Anglia mainly and BBC East should be ashamed of the lack of coverage.  A dedicated highlights program would surely got a very decent audience.

Every year we have a discussion about this.  Its hard enough to get a ticket to go to Portman road without 10 away stubs etc.  I am sure the Ipswich fans would agree when they play here at Carrow Road.

Would I be saying this if we lost?  As an East Anglian as well as a Norwich supporter, I would.  Some derbys we win, some we will lose.  Still deserves decent coverage.

[quote]That''s because it was the main story and on first!!! They showed about 5 minutes of the whole day in all. Should be on monday nights news, maybe with more highlights as well. They usually do... PR...[/quote]

No it was not on first, I watched it all. They did not show anything where I live (Bedfordshire).

Perhaps they have different versions - even so it''s no excuse. I''ve sent them an e-mail complaining about their "oversight" as we normally get coverage of Norwich games over here.

Thankfully, the good old Beeb had it on Look East at about 7.50.

Nice to hear the interview with Royle - Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Anyway, from what I saw, the sending off was a clear cut decision.

He always was a bad loser - Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

It''s usually the other way round - the binners griping that all the local television coverage is Norwich biased.

That could be because anything of any importance is located in a City rather than some runty little town in the a*** end of nowhere. Therefore the will TV tend towards what''s on it''s doorstep.

That no one else sees them as the ''mighty'' town or cares a flying fig about their supposed ''glorious'' history is something that they haven''t quite grasped yet.

Hopefully a few seasons in Division one will sort that out.

u missed the NCFC stuff on the news... the reservoir story was after the football

I can confirm we were on it at 2:30 and 6:30... and i was on both news stories... when they interview the fans.. i am the 1st person to speak, the shorter one in the black hoody with the city shirt over the top! i got on TV and talked!

jas

making plans for nigel, sorry you missed the highlights (such as they were) so did i, but then i have long ago given up on coverage of our team on the local tv channels

whether there is bias or not, the coverage is scant and considering the derby match relates to both sets of fans then you do wonder why they couldn''t give a half decent coverage

though i guess we all need a reality check, just because we are all interested in football, doesn''t mean to say everyone is - there will be people walking around this morning who have no idea there was a derby match yesterday!  Believe me, there are those who actually find toy boats more riveting

such is life i suppose - at least we all have the internet now for news and photos and each other''s views

On a serious note I believe that both BBC and Anglia would have to buy in any highlights. It''s most likely that budgetry constraints would have determined how much was shown.

This certainly brings into sharp focus the corrosive effect Sky has had on our game. For every halfwit who sprawls on the sofa listening to garbage from Andy Gary there''s another dozen genuine fans who have to travel at god knows what hours over the whole of the weekend to watch their club.

The injection of money has merely served to increase the wages of numerous players and agents whilst most clubs are struggling along in debt.

We sold our soul very, very cheaply.