Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

What would a realistic final position in championship 2017/18 be with the current squad on 14/07/17.

Amazing people think that in a league which is becoming more and more money orientated that Norwich can go out a buy a shedload of nobodies and challenge for promotion . Had we have bought similar quality English players people would be pulling their hair out by now , funny how a foreign name makes people believe they are getting something special .This season bottom 10 next season a major struggle to stay up , the only way is down now untill all the Smith family and friends are removed and replaced by people with the tools to do the job .

[quote user="lake district canary"]Key for me is where we are at the end of the season,not the beginning, or even half way through.[/quote]
That''s classic LDC [:D]

"Had we have bought similar quality English players people would be pulling their hair out by now , funny how a foreign name makes people believe they are getting something special ."

Funny how a desire to be negative means that the basic facts are ignored.

Our imports so far have been just three from the German league.

Vrancic does by all accounts actually seem something special and whilst the two defenders offer an element of risk they are young, have been pinpointed by our manager and will in all liklihood be better than the players they have replaced.

The other four are homegrown players of which Reed seems a very good deal, the Boro full-back comes with decent credentials and Watkins was highly sought after following the impressive form he showed throughout last season.

The only doubt surrounds young Gunn, the most homespun of them all as we know.

Short of investing millions we do not currently possess I fail to accept your point.

[quote user="tired"][quote user="lake district canary"]Key for me is where we are at the end of the season,not the beginning, or even half way through.[/quote]
That''s classic LDC [:D]
[/quote]

Whatever, but the point is relevant. It must surely be obvious to most Norwich fans that this season will require patience while we take in what is happening with the team and it adapting to the new way of things.  The process - as in the 80''s with Stringer - is more important than results, at least to start with.  It needs time - and what I would like to think is happening is that we will see encouraging signs of improvement, even if results are a little mixed to start with, to the point that we improve enough to challenge at the end of the season.  It''s certanly going to be interesting, right to the last day of the season.  Neil had all the pressure on him last season to get us back - Farke, it seems to me, doesn''t have quite that pressure.  Sure Farke is under pressure, but many on here might agree that a good season would be one where we see an improvement and a definite style emerging - and that promotion would be a bonus.  The real pressure would then be in the second season. 

For what it''s worth I think we can get automatic promotion.

The new manager''s philosophy will work with the players we have.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Whatever, but the point is relevant. It must surely be obvious to most Norwich fans that this season will require patience while we take in what is happening with the team and it adapting to the new way of things.  The process - as in the 80''s with Stringer - is more important than results, at least to start with.  It needs time - and what I would like to think is happening is that we will see encouraging signs of improvement, even if results are a little mixed to start with, to the point that we improve enough to challenge at the end of the season.  It''s certanly going to be interesting, right to the last day of the season.  Neil had all the pressure on him last season to get us back - Farke, it seems to me, doesn''t have quite that pressure.  Sure Farke is under pressure, but many on here might agree that a good season would be one where we see an improvement and a definite style emerging - and that promotion would be a bonus.  The real pressure would then be in the second season.[/quote]
I completely agree.

i like to give youth a chance and we have good youngsters

Now in a idea world they will play without fear and maybe a a lot more hunger than the more experienced pro last season

BUT Gunn is so inexperienced how can we tell how he will play as a No1 ? it is such a important position within a team this for me is one of the biggest gambles we are taking

so if the players gel and the youngster show more hunger then why not a top 5 finish

if they get a few early beatings will the younger players heads drop ?? will the new players gel ??

if not could be a long very season so many unknowns !

one thing for sure going to be exciting

Never felt so unsure about a season ahead. I think we could click some games and get undone badly in others. So I feel it will be lots of ups and downs in those first 10/12 games. At that point maybe the team and Farke will know what he is up against. I am pleased so many posters on here are not as gung ho as last year. I think that mid/top half must be achievable. Will assess properly come November.

Gotta be aiming for playoffs or else what''s the point. We''ve only been down here just over a year, still have some real quality players especially going forward and the bookies still think we are a force. It''d be sad if a few of us are accepting championship mediocrity so easily.

If a football fan can''t get excited about the forthcoming season then misery must be imbeded in their very soul.

Top six and an FA cup run for me.

But never mind all that...

Miggo''s back 👍👍

Automatic promotion

ps it asks about the Championship, not cupsdo keep up master Edward

We still have a decent squad despite what all the doom mongers make out!

Yes the two German defenders and the Bosnian midfielder are gambles but then again there is no guarantees with any signing. Afterall spending big hasn''t worked for us in the recent past!

I still think our best 14 players would be welcome additions at nearly every other Championship club!

I see a lot of comparisons with the Lambert days when we signed a lot of lesser name players, who were hungry!

I think we can challenge for promotion although it will undoubtedly be very difficult but when has this Division not been very hard?

If we''re obviously working hard every game and never give up or roll over to get smashed 5-0 I''ll be happy with upper mid table this year.

This new regime is going to take time to work, the rewards will be worth it but I''m seriously worried most fans are expecting another promotion push and have totally unrealistic expectations for next year.

I sound like a broken record now but please give Webber and Farke time! I wouldn''t be surprised at all if we get off to a poor start like Reading did last year, their fans stuck with it though and Reading fans are known be to 5h1te, I''m just praying we show our class as fans and do the same.

Southampton/Huddersfield/Swansea/Bournemouth etc etc didn''t get where they are after one transfer window and most had a benefactor pumping money in. Please support and give these guys time!

We know from last season that there are lots of goals in this squad. The problem we know was letting to many in. If the new defenders are better than the ones we have got rid of then top 6 is a distinct possibility. I appreciate many of the new players are unknown to us but I cannot see how the defence could be worse than the last two seasons