Sign in to follow this  
Aveit

What other area's do we need to Strengthen?

After the signing of Franke, I assume CB is done.

After Husband LB done.

So a replacement for Howson, another Striker, a RB on loan as Pinto is injured and so is Martin, and replacements for anymore that leave i.e. Murphy.

Whats your thoughts??

I think our priority now will be a striking option. I think, given our situation and what Webber has said in the past, that currently the squad is a full as it should really be barring any further departures.

I think it will then be a case of ''enter the market for the right player'' for central midfield, and potentially still centre half.

We could be viewed as being alright now with no more signings ESSENTIAL, imo.

There''s some versatility in the group of defenders to cover for injuries and system changes.

Of course a.n. other defender won''t go amiss (and I liked the sound of Leitner,) and ditto a.n.other forward.

One or two loans see the most likely happening now.

The big worry is who we might lose. If it''s just Jacob with a massive wedge in the bank then our Summer will have been far from disastrous.

Neither would it be reasonable to expect Farke to get it 100% right first time around so some funds need to be retained for any necessary remedial work in the Winter.

Back ups for keeper and left back.

I think that would leave us with two players for every position even if Jacob went. Considering the unbalanced mess that was haemorrhaging wages that AN left us with then that would be some very astute business this close season. And all in very quick time.

The only remaining major issues would be to get rid of the few unproductive big earners such as Jarvis, McGovern and possibly Naismith but that would be asking the impossible.

All in all I for one am very pleased. Better than I expected. Still a way to go to gel the new guys together and am expecting a bit of a slow start but way more positive feeling.

RBK - Connor Randall on loan from Liverpool? (can also play leftback).

Striker - Lukas Nmecha on loan from Man City? (German born, 18 year old goalmachine).

Defensive Midfielder - Oscar Lewicki from Malmo, 25 years old, Swedish international and only 6months left on his contract. Maybe cost 1m?

and Bielik maybe?

Is goalkeeper sorted? Will Gunn be our number one as I''m not sure any of the others are up to task. Matthews is inexperienced, Jones may be strong enough but is too much of an unknown and McGovern has had ample time to prove he is not good enough. Feels like we''re putting too much reliance on Gunn when and experienced back up (and moving on McGovern) is likely to be what is needed.

i think we could do with a quick / fast striker to stretch teams as legs tire later in games

i did think murphy could do a job up front but looks like he is off

Priorities for me

CB

FWD

That''s on the proviso Klose goes.

And Oliveira goes. Rumours abound for a reason, and there may be a potentially better option waiting in the wings should we receive a fair amount for him. Webber is clearly no fool. Our transfer rumours in appear briefly before it actually happens. I won''t be surprised if some massive changes occur without us having a clue

[quote user="Captain Birdseye"]Pre match catering department[/quote]Scampi is being taken off the menu and replaced by cheesecake.

In all fairness scampi is one of the best things you can ever ingest as a human. I worked as a fish n chip boy as my first ever job for 2 yrs in Dereham prepping all the fish n chips. By and large scampi was the dish the landowners indulged in. Frozen I hasten to add but an 8 portion extravaganza nevertheless

10 out, 7 in a few weeks before the season even starts, pretty remarkable for our club given whats happened the past few seasons. We seem to be pretty close to whats needed, barring any of our big essential guys leaving, and that concern me a little as the end of August is still 6 or 7 weeks away.Anyway, assuming we keep hold of the main guys, even allowing for Jacob to leave, im thinking mainly one striker more?..I appreciate that Watkins, Naismith etc can do the role, but really, id like to have 3 dedicated strikers, as Morris has loaned out.Think there is room to downsize a bit further even, if only Jarvis and Andreu could be shifted, perhaps also 1 of the GK''s, maybe one from McGovern or Jones. Perhaps to, room for a loan defender, maybe one adept at covering RB / LB position.All in all, it looks  nearer to what will be  our squad for the season than further away, but then whos to say, Webber has certainly lived up to his reputation for giving a squad a major overhaul, so maybe there are far more ins/ outs to follow, before September arrives.

I second what Essjayess said.

I can''t remember as big an overhaul as this. Who knows whether it will work but you have to give credit to Webber for trying.

I simply don''t know enough about our new crop but the old bunch didn''t fire until Irvine took over.

Ten gone so far after the last league game. Wow.

I also agree with whoever said that there may be more shocks or leftfield announcements to come.

[quote user="bristolcanary"]I second what Essjayess said.

I can''t remember as big an overhaul as this. [/quote]

The Gunn squad rebuild was fairly major. He bought in 11 players in the summer of 2009, with a clearout of 7 players and loanees returned to clubs. 

Would love another centre mid.

Tettey is done for me, no longer that good. Vranic (spelling) looks good. Reed could be good. Godfrey is young and Thompson is injured.

Despite this it''s about sales / releases now. Sell Naismith, Jarvis, McGovern, wildshut and maybe tettey and suddenly we can spend. We also don''t need to replace any of them other than tettey.

I have been meaning to ask you Captain Birdswye that as you travel the high seas have you ever come across the weird Captain Haddock/ Barnacle Bill or whatever his name is ? Keeps changing his name every few days.

Right back seems to lack cover for Pinto, replacements seem to be playing out of position there - Wildschut, Godfrey, or lacking pace - Martin.

There seems plenty of firepower in the midfield - Vranci, Pritchard, Godfrey, Murphy, etc, but we have loaned Morris, so with two main strikers, we would seem to need at least one more here. What sort depends on the style of play chosen by Farke, but whether we need the traditional target man seems doubtful.