Sign in to follow this  
Coq au vin

Cambridge Friendly Thread

May as well start a thread for tomorrow when the game kicks off. Just wondered if anyone else is going?

Also when I booked my ticket didn''t get an allocated seat. Not been to the United ground so wondered if this is usual for preseason and there won''t be a mad scramble for seats will there??

4 x 30 minute ''quarters'' apparently.

I''d expect a full squad of first team and U23s in attendance - hopefully Gunn, Jacob and Nelson will play some part of the game.

[quote user="Captain Birdseye"]It is unallocated always, we get the best stand behind the goal

Lovely little ground

Am Going can''t wait[/quote]Will you be having scampi or cheesecake ? [;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Captain Birdseye"]It is unallocated always, we get the best stand behind the goal

Lovely little ground

Am Going can''t wait[/quote]Will you be having scampi or cheesecake ? [;)][/quote]Both! He has a lot of mouths to feed. [pi] [^] [pi] [<:o)]

I genuinely thought Waveney didn''t go to games and was one of ''those fans''. If I see him gibbering and dribbling to himself behind the goal shrieking at every wayward pass I''ll know I''ve officially ''made it'' as a Pink UnNite!

Was thinking of going, but see the official site has no more ticket facility for this game.

Is it worth the risk going out to Cambridge for a ticket on the gate?

I reckon so, can''t imagine it''s "sold out". Worst case you get put with the United fans but it''s only a friendly so not that bad really

Michael Bailey says horrendous tackle after the ball has gone, looks serious, that''s him out for a while together with Pinto too.

That''s the dilemma with these sorts of games. You want a robust game to get the best out of your players, but you also don''t want it too robust that a good player needs a new knee-cap[:S]

I like this from the canaries.co.uk live text coverage:
"Franke picks out Pritchard with a pin-point through-ball ........."
Built like a tank but armed with a laser? 

Good to see that Farke trusted Godfrey to play again, even to play in defence in an awkward position after having a bit of a mare in the last game. Even more positive is that Godfrey responded and has played well. We need players with that mentality, means we''re less likely to get into losing ruts

Cambridge should be told this will be our last friendly with them now, probably a decent little earner for them but they can forget it after this.

They can invite the scum instead and have a kickboxing match with those cloggers

[quote user="Horse Renoir"]Cambridge should be told this will be our last friendly with them now, probably a decent little earner for them but they can forget it after this.

They can invite the scum instead and have a kickboxing match with those cloggers[/quote]
[Y] and send them the bill for his wages while he''s out, bast*rds.

Pritchard injured, along with pinto and klose is terrible news.

The last thing we need. It''ll be more or less a completely new starting 11 for the start of the season.

Pointless friendly too. Why we mess around playing he likes of Cambridge and Stevenage is beyond me. I know it''s the done thing, but surely 2 or 3 friendlies against similar or better opposition is more worthwhile and sufficient.

[quote user="king canary"]@lincoln

No team only plays 2 or 3 friendlies and I''m going to assume they know more about it than you.[/quote]

Assume what you want pal. Reality is, we''ve lost a couple of key players to injuries playing lower league opposition.

I don''t see the point in playing so many ''friendlies'' - the players play so much football they don''t need a packed preseason schedule. It''s money orientated.

Yes, playing Stevenage and Cambridge is all about bringing money into the coffers. Millions upon millions of much needed cash.

Yep, has nothing to do with match sharpness, squad togetherness, new system preperation etc etc........

Lincoln as a point imo.  Lower league players are bound to be slower and more prone to making late or mistimed tackles.   Yes, it can happen anywhere, but its more likely playing against lower league teams.  

So what are we supposed to do? Only play Prem opposition in friendlies? No friendlies at all, and risk going into a season unprepared? Damned if you do etc.....