Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Dijks

Appears to be a greedy so and so! Couldn''t agree personal terms with us and now can''t agree with Birmingham!

Does he realise it''s the second tier of English football not the top tier?

He did agree personal terms with Norwich - but then Norwich wanted to renegotiate with the player and Ajax on the agreed terms. I don''t think Webber was ever particularly keen on him so probably didn''t try too hard.

Hard to comment on him rejecting terms without knowing what the terms being offered are.

Bethnal touches on a good and fundamental point.

It is quite hard too play genuine hardball on an asset that you really want and need.

Thus a reason for multiple simultaneous (publicly reported) offers when buying and selling can be precisely to create scenarios where you can be seen to walk away. This is the only way to get a good deal.

If you only did this with players you bought, you would find your prices quickly inflated. In order to create the perceived price/wage ceiling structures and/or develop a reputation as a club/dealer that cannot be easily manipulated, a regular smattering of Dijks-esque scenarios are welcome and necessary for a Sporting Director.

Parma

He''s probably going to be on a decent wedge compared to second tier German players though, he is at Ajax.

While i dont like players going for the cash perhaps he feels that if he''s going to play second tier football, at least financially it needs to be good, otherwise he might aswell stay where he is. I would have thought a bottom half prem struggler would have though him worth a punt to be honest.

He did the same here

ready to sign permanent deal wages everything agreed been to see training ground etc got him to the ground everything was in place changed his mind 10mins later !!!!

the only way he would come here was on loan in the end

if the same happens again at Birmingham this season he needs to ask himself what he really wants !

Pretty sure that Ajax wouldnt be paying him £30000 a week, or €30000 for that matter...not that there''s much difference nowadays( god bless Brexit, made it much cheaper for us Europeans to be in UK  for hols etc). He is not a regular first teamer at Ajax, although their New Boss may like him more than the last. If he doesnt want to be here then we dont want him, simples.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Pretty sure that Ajax wouldnt be paying him £30000 a week, or €30000 for that matter...not that there''s much difference nowadays( god bless Brexit, made it much cheaper for us Europeans to be in UK  for hols etc). He is not a regular first teamer at Ajax, although their New Boss may like him more than the last. If he doesnt want to be here then we dont want him, simples.[/quote]

Agree, of course he wont be on 30k a week at Ajax however it will be way more than Bundasliga 2 players, they play in the champions league most seasons for a start.

I agree if it''s all about money then i dont want him either, as soon as a series of good performances are strung together he''ll be unsettling and looking for a move.

Him and Husband would be a bit luxurious perhaps, especially with Toffolo as, imo , a very decent back up.

Forget Dijks. Nothing seems quite straight forward with him ... except the bottom line.

Also his robust style undoubtedly a strong likelihood of one or two red cards per season. Glad we missed out on this one. Happy with Husband, an excellent LB and a good bloke!

I''d be happy to have him here but he''s nothing special.