Sign in to follow this  
Oswald Cobblepot

Jacob staying??

[quote user="norfolkngood"]i hope we have a sell on clause in Redmond and Murphy

It is clauses like that can raise nice money for club[/quote]

So could selling them for the correct price in the 1st place

[quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="norfolkngood"]i hope we have a sell on clause in Redmond and Murphy

It is clauses like that can raise nice money for club[/quote]

So could selling them for the correct price in the 1st place[/quote]The real issue is that they''re only telling us about the £12M, how much are they not telling us about?I reckon there''s probably a big bag of cash involved somewhere that Mike Ashley has in the boot of his car. It''ll be routed through Music Magpie and end up in Delias wine cupboard.

simmo_2 wrote the following post at 2017-07-17 9:51 PM:

So could selling them for the correct price in the 1st place

Does any player "have a correct price"?

Any player is worth what another club will pay for him, and what the selling club think he is worth.

In the Jacob Murphy case I would suggest both clubs have it spot on.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]I think it''s a fair price for where he''s at at the moment. Bournemouth spaffed £15m on Ibe last year - a player with actual Prem experience and he''s been disappointing.

Young players are a risk.[/quote]Ahh, but last year Premier League teams were not getting as much money as this season thanks to the new tv deal. Deloitte are saying that sides in the top flight will see their revenue increased by more than 20% this season. So if Bournemouth paid £15m for Ibe last year, Newcastle, using my simple fag packet sums to figure out the inflation, should be paying north of £18m for Jacob. Like I said on the other Jacob thread, if there are add ons and a sell on percentage it''s good business. If not, then in a world where a 23 year old goalkeeper, who has only played 30 Premier League games and is yet to represent his country at full international level is being sold for £30m, a straight fee of £12.5m for Jacob is well below what we should be charging for his services.