Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

Happy Clappers now lining up......

FTW, the others are good points but talking is one thing, delivering is another!

Agree the coaching needed an overhaul but again they are untried so will reserve judgement if that''s ok?

[quote user="Baldyboy"]FTW, the others are good points but talking is one thing, delivering is another!

Agree the coaching needed an overhaul but again they are untried so will reserve judgement if that''s ok?[/quote]Of course mate, I''m reserving judgement too. I''m just hopeful from what I''ve seen and heard that the current managerial team is much better than Neil and Fat Frankie, even if the players don''t look hugely impressive on paper. Time will tell.

Wolfie, I''m gutted to lose Jacob. I''ve followed his progress for so long and watched him progress into the player he is now. I saw him a couple of season''s ago when he came back from Colchester. We had an U21 game against Chelsea and he was the best player on the pitch. He then had that great loan season at Coventry where I reckon that wily old binner Mowbray helped with his development. Came back last season and never looked back. Thanks to Jacob we didn''t really miss Redmond.
He''s a credit to our academy and his family. But deserves it himself having played through 6 loan spells. Nobody could fault his attitude although a few still did.
On the plus side I guess it should help secure out cat one academy and he plays in a position where we are blessed at the moment. Still a huge loss especially to those of us who love watching players come through.

Murphy is a great prospect but if a year ago anyone could have suggested we could get £12m for him they would have been considered bonkers. He has had one excellent season he may kick on he may not. Don''t forget before last season josh was regarded as the better prospect and he will get the opportunity now to hopefully blossom. We now do not need to part with anyone we don''t want to can add some more quality in the squad and the finances should be in good order

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]Dijks[/quote]
Really? Not Pinto, Klose, Pritchard or Oliveira. Just Djiks? What did you see in him?

[quote user="Captain Birdseye"]We have largely kept the dead wood and sold our best players and replaced with rubbish

The money has been pocketed

It''s going to be a long season god help us[/quote]

Completely agree. Selling Howson, and Murphy and letting Ruddy go, but keeping Jarvis, Andreu, McGovern is not removing the deadwood and keeping younger or better player. Serious downgrading going on. Truly no ambition.

It''s a shame, Nutty, and I''d much rather have kept him... but that''s just the nature of modern football, isn''t it. Unless you''re a team owned by billionaires, you''re always going to develop young talent only to have it cruelly pinched away from you. I guess the silver lining is that Webber, Farke and Stone are all very keen on developing the academy, and hopefully we''ll see many more come through in the next few years - Lewis, Middleton, Cantwell and Efete all have a pretty good chance of making it, I''d say.On a completely separate note, did Benny Ashley-Seal actually move to Leicester in the end? What''s the deal there, anyone know?

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="Captain Birdseye"]We have largely kept the dead wood and sold our best players and replaced with rubbish

The money has been pocketed

It''s going to be a long season god help us[/quote]

Completely agree. Selling Howson, and Murphy and letting Ruddy go, but keeping Jarvis, Andreu, McGovern is not removing the deadwood and keeping younger or better player. Serious downgrading going on. Truly no ambition.[/quote]How do you propose we get rid of Jarvis, Andreu and McGovern, then? I doubt you''ll find many on here who would keep any of those players, but they''re under contract. Webber has inherited these poor players on overblown contracts - what the hell is he supposed to do? If Jarvis is on, say, £30k a week, it''d cost the club £3m to pay him off and release him!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]Dijks[/quote]
Really? Not Pinto, Klose, Pritchard or Oliveira. Just Djiks? What did you see in him?
[/quote]

I was asked who the LAST player I cheered on arrival was; so I named him. That doesn''t mean I didn''t cheer the others you mention too. For the record I like all the players you mention.

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]Dijks[/quote]
[/quote]

I was asked who the LAST player I cheered on arrival was; so I named him. That doesn''t mean I didn''t cheer the others you mention too. For the record I like all the players you mention.[/quote]
I''m sure you started threads about them too or even mentioned this liking on other peoples threads.
You didn''t say. What did you like about Dijks?

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]It''s a shame, Nutty, and I''d much rather have kept him... but that''s just the nature of modern football, isn''t it. Unless you''re a team owned by billionaires, you''re always going to develop young talent only to have it cruelly pinched away from you. I guess the silver lining is that Webber, Farke and Stone are all very keen on developing the academy, and hopefully we''ll see many more come through in the next few years - Lewis, Middleton, Cantwell and Efete all have a pretty good chance of making it, I''d say.On a completely separate note, did Benny Ashley-Seal actually move to Leicester in the end? What''s the deal there, anyone know?[/quote]
I don''t think Ashley-Seal went to Germany so I''m guessing he maybe signed for Leicester? Didn''t he refuse to sign for us and Dmitri Halajko went to Leicester.
I''d add Timi Odusina to your list buddy.

We have not gone full circle as some would suggest, but we are late in the cycle after our amazing recovery since 2009. We were lucky to bounce straight back up under Adams/Neil and that reprieve, albeit far too brief, means the club is now still in control. The club is overseeing a managed retreat that will enable us to go again .... the clock has been re-set and we need to play our role as SUPPORTers to give the club the best possible chance of success.

I will be sad to see Jacob go so early in his career, but we have been here before. The academy needed a success story too ... one to inspire the current crop and attract the next generation ... demonstrating a pathway to not only first team football but big money move to premier league.

OTBC

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]I like to think I am neither a crapper nor a clapper- though any hint of negativity or criticism gets hounded on this board.

You would need to be blind to miss the fact that we are seriously downgrading and taking a huge risk. Some of these signings might make the great but some won''t. We have weakened the team thus far and not strengthened it and, with parachute payments ending next season, that doesn''t leave me feeling rosy

12.5 million quid is great it it goes into better players but I don''t think it will [/quote]

the idiotic thing is the perpetual happy twatters that defend everything regardless of it being painfully obvious how backwards the club is going in comparison to other clubs of equal or even smaller size that have managed to grab their opportunity in the top flight with fewer chances in recent years and actually make it stick.we are selling off and releasing players and bringing budget replacements, and at the same time selling the only half decent youngsters with any potential that we have

So the happy clappers are now happy twatters.........stay a tad classy if you can iron stan. No need for it.

I can see merit in many of these arguments. I''m sorry to see Jacob go - yes, £12m is a good price but it isn''t what we said we''d sell him for so why didn''t we hold out until later in the window? I can only assume we have targets lined up ourselves.

There''s no doubt the squad is weaker than it was at the end of the season, and with Pritchard and Klose injured I am not confident about a top 6 finish but I think we have to give Farke a lot longer before we judge him.

Selling a 22 year old is not what we should be doing though, unless its to replace him with 3 others who have the potential to be as good.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]So the happy clappers are now happy twatters.........stay a tad classy if you can iron stan. No need for it.[/quote]Like I said, Tilly... a lost cause.

Is there a need to give anyone a label, be it a Happy clapper or a Doom Monger or even a Pant Wetter?

That''s where so much animosity comes from on here, maybe people ought to respect that people have an opinion even if they may not agree with it

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Is there a need to give anyone a label, be it a Happy clapper or a Doom Monger or even a Pant Wetter?

That''s where so much animosity comes from on here, maybe people ought to respect that people have an opinion even if they may not agree with it[/quote]"The Happy Clappers are being led by PC Plod! He who moaned the wallet was empty but it''s now positively full again"No, no there isn''t.

Always happy to give some back baldy. And you won''t see me wailing and wimpering about it....

However it''s not chicken and egg is it? We know that the clapper came before the crapper.

Yep I made a label for Tilly, bad me!

Now then Herman shall I trawl through and find a label you''ve used against someone or are you squeaky clean too 😀

Baldy is as two faced as they come German. I try and make allowances but sometimes I don''t. And this is one such time...

Ach nein! Men secret ist raus.

Sorry Baldy, I am squeaky clean. I have constantly strived to be polite to all fellow posters.

Now even our Nutty is turning the forum members into Germans,what is our club coming to. :-)