Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

Happy Clappers now lining up......

To say how bad a player Jacob Murphy is and how the club have done amazingly well to get such a large fee for him.

F...ing amazing how these people put such spin on negative times at NCFC.

[quote user="simmo_2"]To say how bad a player Jacob Murphy is and how the club have done amazingly well to get such a large fee for him.

F...ing amazing how these people put such spin on negative times at NCFC.[/quote]

When Mr Chase returns one of the first things he will do is end the clappy happers.

Nappy Crappers now lining up to doom-monger and catastrophize every single thing that happens.

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="simmo_2"]To say how bad a player Jacob Murphy is and how the club have done amazingly well to get such a large fee for him.

F...ing amazing how these people put such spin on negative times at NCFC.[/quote]

When Mr Chase returns one of the first things he will do is end the clappy happers.[/quote]When Mr Chase sold Chris Sutton he had £850k left after paying the banks.I wouldn''t bring him up at this time.

And before he brings up '' Fire sale '' Squit just remind him of Jon Newsome and Ashley Ward. [;)]

simmo_2 wrote the following post at 2017-07-17 9:44 PM:

To say how bad a player Jacob Murphy is and how the club have done amazingly well to get such a large fee for him.

F...ing amazing how these people put such spin on negative times at NCFC.

F...I amazing. You suggest others are negative. Read your post! If that ain''t negativity then I suggest you pop down the road and support the binners!

I like to think I am neither a crapper nor a clapper- though any hint of negativity or criticism gets hounded on this board.

You would need to be blind to miss the fact that we are seriously downgrading and taking a huge risk. Some of these signings might make the great but some won''t. We have weakened the team thus far and not strengthened it and, with parachute payments ending next season, that doesn''t leave me feeling rosy

12.5 million quid is great it it goes into better players but I don''t think it will

Re: Happy Clappers now lining up......

I like to think I am neither a crapper nor a clapper- though any hint of negativity or criticism gets hounded on this board.

You would need to be blind to miss the fact that we are seriously downgrading and taking a huge risk. Some of these signings might make the great but some won''t. We have weakened the team thus far and not strengthened it and, with parachute payments ending next season, that doesn''t leave me feeling rosy

12.5 million quid is great it it goes into better players but I don''t think it will

Bad news then. You''ve been labelled a nappy crapper on another thread!

Yes I saw that! I guess I am judged that because I maintain that the current board are stale and have taken us as far as they can, and think they failed us badly in he last promotion season

The Happy Clappers are being led by PC Plod! He who moaned the wallet was empty but it''s now positively full again!

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]I like to think I am neither a crapper nor a clapper- though any hint of negativity or criticism gets hounded on this board.

12.5 million quid is great it it goes into better players but I don''t think it will[/quote]I also like to think I am neither a crapper nor a clapper, although I try to be optimistic where I can.I can see that we are downgrading, definitely - but don''t you think it would be a huge risk to go the other way and sign more players with astronomical wages and high expectations? This has many of the hallmarks of Lambert''s first couple of years of the club - ''young and hungry'' players rather than the overpaid mercenaries who took us on a downward spiral.Farke is already showing signs of being more versatile and tactically aware than ''4-2-3-1 at all costs'' Neil, who couldn''t change games with tactics, formations or substitutions. He also has a proven top performer at Championship level (Webber) helping him run the ship. In terms of players'' value and experience, yes we are downgrading - but I''d rather downgrade the players and upgrade the footballing philosophy than the other way around.I''d urge you to at least give these guys a chance and base your opinions on what actually happens, rather than what you fear might.

I fully intend to get behind the team and look forward to seeing what they do -it is quite possible that a minor miracle is being worked. But being a realist I won''t start clapping quite try.

Remember Julian Brellier and how the clappers assured us he was the next Roy Keane!!?

FTW, I agree let''s give them a chance BUT how can you say Webber is proven in the Champs after not even a complete season at Huddersfield last year? That''s like saying Neil was proven by getting us promoted, even though it ended in disaster!

As for comparing these players to those Lambert brought in the big difference there is Lambert signed players who were used to playing in this country and had managed here, Farke and his signings from Germany have very little idea of what it''s actually like to play here especially in the British winter.

That is a big gamble for me but as I say I am prepared to give them a chance and hopefully I will be proven wrong in that I think we will do well to finish top half

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]I fully intend to get behind the team and look forward to seeing what they do -it is quite possible that a minor miracle is being worked. But being a realist I won''t start clapping quite try.

Remember Julian Brellier and how the clappers assured us he was the next Roy Keane!!?[/quote]That''s quite divisive language for someone who just said they were ''neither a crapper nor a clapper''. Who are the ''clappers'' you''re talking about, and what exactly did they say about Julien Brellier? Or are you just plucking one failed signing from years ago out the air to mock people who try to be positive about their club? That doesn''t sound like a ''realist'' to me, that sounds like someone who''s waiting for us to fail so they can say ''I told you so''.For the record, I don''t expect a ''minor miracle'' this season. However, given Farke''s footballing education and having listened to him talk last week, I am confident he is a very knowledgeable tactician. He has already talked in more depth about tactics, philosophy and strategy than Neil ever did, and has already tried a few different formations (and variants of those formations). Sit back and enjoy the ride - unless things go horribly tits-up, I expect us to play entertaining football and push for the top six, although it may take a few weeks for the players to get fully up to speed with such different tactics.

I mention brellier because this season - with everyone cheering players we actually know little about - reminds me of that summer.

I mention that we need a minor miracle because our signings are coming in from lower leagues at lower league prices

[quote user="JF"]Re: Happy Clappers now lining up......

Bad news then. You''ve been labelled a nappy crapper on another thread![/quote]
Yes and that was on the same thread that particular crapper had been attacking clappers over and over.
If you live by the sword...

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]I mention brellier because this season - with everyone cheering players we actually know little about - reminds me of that summer.

I mention that we need a minor miracle because our signings are coming in from lower leagues at lower league prices[/quote]
When did you last cheer a player we signed?

[quote user="Baldyboy"]FTW, I agree let''s give them a chance BUT how can you say Webber is proven in the Champs after not even a complete season at Huddersfield last year? That''s like saying Neil was proven by getting us promoted, even though it ended in disaster!

As for comparing these players to those Lambert brought in the big difference there is Lambert signed players who were used to playing in this country and had managed here, Farke and his signings from Germany have very little idea of what it''s actually like to play here especially in the British winter.

That is a big gamble for me but as I say I am prepared to give them a chance and hopefully I will be proven wrong in that I think we will do well to finish top half[/quote]Fair points Baldy, although remember Webber also has experience working at QPR, Liverpool and Wolves - he''s learnt a lot from some very experienced managers (including Benitez) and has a very clear idea of how the club should be run. I know talking a good game is only half of it, but I was very impressed with the cut of his jib when he spoke at the NCFSC event last week.As for the British winter thing - we had an all-British coaching team last season, and that didn''t serve us very well (Webber made this very point last week too). And in terms of players in, so far we''ve brought in four British players (Gunn, Reed, Watkins, Husband) and only two Germans (plus Vrancic). And the German winter is cold too! [;)]

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]I mention brellier because this season - with everyone cheering players we actually know little about - reminds me of that summer.

I mention that we need a minor miracle because our signings are coming in from lower leagues at lower league prices[/quote]Gunn and Reed came from Premier League clubs, Vrancic from a Bundesliga club, Franke from a second-tier club in Germany, and Watkins and Husband from Championship clubs. Only Zimmermann came from a club at a lower level than us, and Farke has already said he expects him to be a squad player.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Yes the German winter is cold, I saw a few, that''s why they have a mid season break 😀[/quote]I know they do, but it''s still cold either side of the mid-season break, isn''t it? It''s fair to say that Farke will have to adapt to the fixture scheduling, you''re right about that - German divisions tend to have 34 games to our 46 - but Farke has already made fitness a top priority.What about all the other points in my post? Anything to say about them?

[quote user="Baldyboy"]The Happy Clappers are being led by PC Plod! He who moaned the wallet was empty but it''s now positively full again![/quote]As you clearly have a problem reading what i actually said in my posts without putting your slant on it i will leave you to it.

It''s a hard one because we are selling our better players from last season. That much is evident .

The proof is in the pudding at the end of the day. I''m more than happy with our approach as it stands in terms of our recruitment but I disagree about selling our better younger players. The others I could make good cases for.

If we get a playoff place despite the downgrading it will be excellent work. If we finish bottom half it''s only going to get worse the following season.

All very exciting!

[quote user="hogesar"]It''s a hard one because we are selling our better players from last season. That much is evident .

The proof is in the pudding at the end of the day. I''m more than happy with our approach as it stands in terms of our recruitment but I disagree about selling our better younger players. The others I could make good cases for.

If we get a playoff place despite the downgrading it will be excellent work. If we finish bottom half it''s only going to get worse the following season.

All very exciting![/quote]To be fair, if Jacob goes he will be the only young player we''ve sold (unless you could Rudd, who''s 26 already). If we sell any of Godfrey, Pritchard, Josh, Maddison or Oliveira I will be extremely disappointed. I think this one was more a case of an agent talking up a move and Jacob forcing it through by saying he wanted to leave - bigger wages, 50,000+ crowds, Benitez as manager, top-flight football... can''t really blame him.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Nice to see you all getting on so well[/quote]Healthy and robust discussion FF all within the forum rules.