Sign in to follow this  
Tommo

Jarvis

The idea of signing someone on a 3 and a half year deal, with sizeable wages and a fee to free up a loan spot would be the height of short term, stupid thinking.

[quote user="king canary"]The idea of signing someone on a 3 and a half year deal, with sizeable wages and a fee to free up a loan spot would be the height of short term, stupid thinking.[/quote]Even more so if the player is basically useless and only produced one half decent performance while on loan

I remember having a very long debate with a certain poster about how I saw this as a very poor signing before it was turned into a permanent deal......dreadful signing given how he''s had a very chequered history with West Spam.

It is a very difficult one to see anyone taking him on. Wolves maybe due to him being part of their recent years in the prem ? If not it''s got to be lower end championship team - or harry redknapp seems to be signing ex international players reaching end of the career so why not pick up Jarvis !

Failing all of that then it''s a case of paying him off and putting it down to a very bad costly experience

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 17/07/2017 11:27 AM:

Van wink wrote:

He did ok on loan.

Correct me if i am wrong Winky but didn''t we sign him on this permanent deal whilst he was out injured during his loan spell ?

I thought we had him on loan in the Sept,he scored in his first game against Bournemouth?

Became permenant in the January and at that point was indeed injured.

Some of our so called ''fans'' come ''supporters'' do like to run down a player who is unlucky in their chosen profession.

On his day Jarvis is a handful even for the Premier League.

Yet, I''m sure he sits at home going, ok, I''m going to batter my body again during a game just to annoy the fans and sit back and enjoy life. <<< That is how it comes across from quite a few of our fans on here. I would say he''d rather be playing football than having his ankle up drink pinna coladas during Jeremy Kyle.

Give some of our genuine ''sick notes'' some sympathy. It''s life, $#!t happens to all of us

[quote user="Barnacle Bill"][quote user="Move Klose"]Which nob signs a player with his injury record:

a) On a permanent deal

b) On a contract that runs until 2019[/quote]I presume you know what the terms of his contract arewhat he is being paid whilst not able to playwhat bonuses he gets whilst in that state[/quote]

BIll, could not agree more.

Do we ever truly look in depth at a players record before signing him. Clearly not in this case.

The panic buying on the last day of the window does not help. Take the guy AN signed from Wigan, did anyone check him out, what a total waste of £7m he has been. £7m to a club like ours is a huge amount to waste.

£7m still in the bank now, may have stopped the fire sale which seems to be going on at CR.

In principle I agree; but hasn''t the 7 million figure been rubbished several times already?

[quote user="Bradwell canary"]Take the guy AN signed from Wigan, did anyone check him out, what a total waste of £7m he has been. £7m to a club like ours is a huge amount to waste.

£7m still in the bank now, may have stopped the fire sale which seems to be going on at CR.[/quote]How many times do posters have to point out that Wildschut cost 3.5m upfront with the rest being potential add-ons, rather than a 7m lump sum before people listen and stop posting the same incorrect, repetitive tripe???

I''m not writing Wildshut off just yet but up till now even £3.5m seems a bit overpriced.

I don''t think we''ve seen the best of him though, feel that he''s one of the players who could particularly prosper under the new regime (the Dutch footballing philosophy is/was quite akin to the German after all,) and am prepared to be pleasantly surprised by the contribution he will make this coming season.

Januk Wildshut .......... crowd favourite?????

One positive about losing Jacob is that it does free up a bit of space for others (and not just his brother) to prosper. The attacking/wide midfield is surely is one area of strength in the squad.