Sign in to follow this  
london Canary

Finally!

FINALLY that first away win and at the place we would have wanted it the most! God it feels good, dosen''t it? It seems to have taken so long to get to sunday after the watford game.

Right, with the next THREE games at HOME we can really get behind the team and get this season off and running.

A nice win against a team in league two then another very big game against reading on saturday.

Its surprising what a win against the scum can do for confidence.  

Huckerby you BEAUTY!!!!!!!!

you are right about the confidence aspect deano, and a win against the scum is worth a hell of a lot psychologically, for the fans at least

however, it still doesn''t hide the fact we shouldn''t have had to get to the bottom of the league while we had the players we do have available to play, it is IMHO more a matter of tinkering with tactics (sorry!) and getting the team to gel.

No player in a yellow shirt should need motivating for these two games - it was reassuring to hear that all of them played a part in the game.  I can''t yet say i am entirely convinced that this will be the spark needed, but hope so

over the next three home games it will be interesting to see how much the team changes, barring injuries of course - more than anything we need to get the tactics right, the formation and the mindset right and keep a winning team on the field

easy! 

gazza i also agree that we should have never been in this situation to begin with, but as i have posted before that i think this bad start to the season is a big hangover from the thumping we got at fulham having been in the best placed of all the three teams. I feel that every ounce of confidence was knocked out of the players on that horrible day, and also i think some respect and faith in each others abilitys were questioned within the squad. And now we are seeing a slow building of the teams confidence and belief that they each can do it.

And wins like today will do wonders!

Once the team are full of confidence again they will be unstoppable as we all know they can be when every player performs. I also think worthington didn''t quite relise how bad the result at fulham had on the team, resulting in a very slow start to the season. and him making some strange decisions to try and sort it out.

It has taken ten games for him to play the team we have all been crying out for.

It''s nice for us Norwich supporters to wear a smile this week! (well til tuesday)

I''m sorry but I find all this ''mental effect on the players of the Fulham game'' a bit hard to take. NCFC employs a very expensive sports shrink to make sure the players are in the right frame of mind mentally for each and every game. I have no problem with that concept in the modern game but if we''ve reached nine games of the following season before ''the Fulham issue'' has been resolved it seems to me that someone somewhere has not been doing what they should have been doing since last May.