Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Would you swap back ?

Alex is still in charge , no players have left and there''s a few quid to spend . I definitely wouldn''t , am excited what is going to happen and hope everyone gives Daniel their full support .

Honestly think we''re going to be pleasantly surprised this season and enjoy what we see .

Absolutely not, the combination of a tactically weak manager and players who in many cases just didn''t seem to give a damn or even play consistently well from week to week is not something we should be looking back to.Now if we could have the 92/93 squad back or even the 03/04 squad then I might waver somewhat...

[quote user="Midlands Yellow"]Alex is still in charge , no players have left and there''s a few quid to spend . I definitely wouldn''t , am excited what is going to happen and hope everyone gives Daniel their full support .

Honestly think we''re going to be pleasantly surprised this season and enjoy what we see .[/quote]In full agreement with that.What the changes have exposed is some of the reasons for failure last season. Both Farke and Webber are making the right noises. Of course it is all to be seen how well they work out, but like you I''m very positive.Many that left gave us a great day out at Wembley and another year in the PL but not another promotion or even playoff place.So thanks for the memories and onwards and upwards.

I don''t know how - in this hypothetical situation - there would be money to spend if we hadn''t sold anyone, but no, absolutely not, as Indy says.

What and go back to having our best player in the squad (Pritchard) sitting on the bench week in week out.

I think Farke is an infinitely wiser coach with a greatly superior footballing philosophy. Hopefully he will also prove adept at changing the course of a match which isn''t going in our favour, something Neil was pretty awful at. If you''d take Neil back and give him a bunch more money to spend then you need your head checking!

[quote user="Barnacle Bill"][quote user="Midlands Yellow"]Alex is still in charge , no players have left and there''s a few quid to spend . I definitely wouldn''t , am excited what is going to happen and hope everyone gives Daniel their full support .

Honestly think we''re going to be pleasantly surprised this season and enjoy what we see .[/quote]In full agreement with that.What the changes have exposed is some of the reasons for failure last season. Both Farke and Webber are making the right noises. Of course it is all to be seen how well they work out, but like you I''m very positive.Many that left gave us a great day out at Wembley and another year in the PL but not another promotion or even playoff place.So thanks for the memories and onwards and upwards.[/quote][Y]

[quote user="Midlands Yellow"]Alex is still in charge , no players have left and there''s a few quid to spend . I definitely wouldn''t , am excited what is going to happen and hope everyone gives Daniel their full support .

Honestly think we''re going to be pleasantly surprised this season and enjoy what we see .[/quote]Could Alex Neil have worked with Webber though? Especially when Webber''s targeting the German leagues for experienced players. Phelan lasted 5 seconds working with him, and from Irvine''s tactics after he left, it looked like he didn''t listen to Irvine either. Alex Neil''s approach doesn''t exactly seem to be collaborative. At least we''ve got a clear approach and direction now, even if we have a smaller budget.

"I think Farke is an infinitely wiser coach"

How long have you been following his career Feedthewolf?

LOL Two years ago nobody would have even suggested Farke was a wiser coach. They''d have been laughed off the forum. And in two years time.....

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Absolutely not, the combination of a tactically weak manager and players who in many cases just didn''t seem to give a damn or even play consistently well from week to week is not something we should be looking back to.Now if we could have the 92/93 squad back or even the 03/04 squad then I might waver somewhat...[/quote]Most, if not all, of the 92/93 squad would be in their late forties and early fifties by now. I''m not convinced they''d be physically able to hold up to the rigours of a 46 game Championship season to be honest.

Since Farke got the head coach role I''ve been amazed by how many on this forum are experts on his career as a coach and how great he is at his job before we''ve even played a competitive game. I truly hope the guy is the best head coach(manager) we''ve ever had but if he is he''ll be snapped up quicker than Tilly can fart.

Nobody knows if he will be any good or not. It could be an unmitigated disaster. But I''d rather we try this new approach than carry on with the same failing system we had, with an underperforming and unbalanced squad, and a manager who struggled to get the best out of some good players.

I do find it sad that exact same people that moaned all through Alex''s tenure are still moaning now the club is trying to change. Maybe do something else?!