Sign in to follow this  
Wishbone

Hanno Behrens linked

Defensive midfielder from FC Nuremburg -

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/1-fc-nuernberg/norwich-jagt-club-motor-behrens-52579532.bild.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

[quote user="TheManWhoSoldDerveld"]The Nuremburg defence isn''t up to much. They do tend to rally in the second half though.[/quote][:D]

At 27, and being a defensive midfielder, wouldn''t be surprised if this was just agent talk.

With Reed, Tettey and Godfrey on the books, would have thought we had plenty of defensive midfielders.

Unless Tettey goes, (but perleese let''s not get him off the books too cheaply as he''s still worth £2m, imo.)

On paper that seems like a good swap.

High hopes of Harrison (inside info there nudge, nudge, wink, wink,) as well.

£2m for Tettey? You been on the sauce already Broadstairs?

31, one year on his contract, big wages, big injury issues - that does not add up to a £2m player.

£500k at most, probably a free if the new club agrees to take on all his wages.

I think a few agents/tabloids have caught onto Norwich''s German shopping trips and they are now the club ''dujour'' for rumours - expect a lot more over the coming days/weeks.

Tetty does a good job at this level accepting that he will only play half to two thirds of games. We could do with a bit of quality in this position now though and we have the cash to do it . Never heard of this guy and why should we the German championship will be unknown to most

Agree with the consensus it''d only make sense if we''re replacing an outgoing.

With Tettey and Reed as obvious choices, Vrancic can also play there plus we have the option of Godfrey (and when fit - if ever, Thompson)

"£2m for Tettey? You been on the sauce already Broadstairs?"

Yep! Forgot to add the +

Hic!

However, the apparent and sudden scapegoating/rubbishing of Tettey that seems to be happening now is premature, imo.

He''s still a very decent defensive midfielder at this level and I suspect that a lot of Chumps clubs would not turn their noses up at getting him on board.

Don''t get me wrong, I''m a big Tettey fan, but just feel you aren''t going to get anyone paying £2m for him.

While there are some clubs in the Championship throwing around money, the majority still don''t have much to spend and I can''t see anyone towards the top of the Champ/Lower Prem wanting to bring in Tettey who has been in decline for a couple of seasons now.

I especially can''t see anyone spending that when they know that Tettey is probably not first choice at Norwich anymore and the team are looking to remove high earners from the wage bill.

"Tettey £2m

Stier Scheiße"

It was actually meant slightly tongue in cheek, as the subsequent post emphasised, the general consensus being that we are selling some of our players off on the cheap.

(Never mind it gave you a chance to show off your French.)

Tettey''s worth a bit though, but we''ll probably end up giving him away for a peanut or two should some foreign outfit express an interest.

Wages innit.

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]We''re going to be linked with every Timo, Dick and Hans going now everyone knows we''re rich! 🤑💛💚[/quote]This made me laugh a lot harder than it should have.

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]We''re going to be linked with every Timo, Dick and Hans going now everyone knows we''re rich! 🤑💛💚[/quote]Shouldn''t that be Timo, Dieter and Hans [;)]Made me laugh as well tbh [:D]