Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Poor old binners

I have just had a look at their accounts for the season ended 2016, and it appears their income was £16.5mAnd we have just earned £12.5m (or whatever it is)With around a four thousand farm hands not buying ST''s that figure £16.5m is likely to be a good deal lower for this season.I think we also get £32m, or so in parachute paymentsAnd off the top of my head I think we earned around £23m from tickets/commercial Perhaps we could have a blanket collection when we next play them

I''ve just read that thread (the Daily Norwich) and they do seem well informed about all things NCFC.

That posting was followed by this:-

"What you have to remember is that all of their players are on a lot higher wages than any of ours. They have to get rid of these highly paid ones to lower the wage bill. The parachute payments will stop next season too."

There is an element of truth in that which is why cuts have been made but then you could say that most players in the Championship are paid more than those at Ipswich and it is the reason why they have to rely on freebies, cheapies and loanees. and are currently embarking upon a record stint in the second tier which is only likely to be resolved one way.

Add in the fact that we will likely average 10, 000 more on the gate throughout the season and any difference should be more than catered for.

Besides, good players demand good money. They also command higher transfer fees if necessary.

Fact is they don''t have anything going for them to attract decent players - no decent crowds, place is a dump and a clear lack of intent from the owner to splash the cash.
However the reality after this coming season is, once we lose the parachute payments, if Marcus Evans wanted to, he could compete better than we could for players financially. The good news is Ipswich will always be Ipswich so I don''t see too much quality heading their direction any time soon.

"average 10, 000 more on the gate"given their season tickets are expected to be well below 10,000 ... more like 8,500 tops I would say we are around 18,000 higherless their away fans and casual ticketsa disappointing season and you could well see poorman road around a third fullmind you to coin a phrase beloved of the bin folk''Evans is pumping the money in''much like the fire brigade were pumping water into the Somerset fields a few years back

I wouldn''t be worried about our finances whilst you continue with your fire sale!

The paupers who now can''t afford to keep hold of their best players....not long before your on the brink of administration again I suspect...

King Keano wrote the following post at 18/07/2017 8:42 PM:

I wouldn''t be worried about our finances whilst you continue with your fire sale!

The paupers who now can''t afford to keep hold of their best players....not long before your on the brink of administration again I suspect...

Its ok to cry King Keano........

[quote user="lharman7"]King Keano wrote the following post at 18/07/2017 8:42 PM:

Its ok to cry King Keano........[/quote]

No crying here! We''ve done good business this summer whilst our rivals up the road continue to sell all their best players & replace them with unproven 4th tier Germans!

Nothing at all to fear from you lot anymore

You could try beating us once in 5 years or so Keano.
By the way, your historic username is hilarious. Only enhances the standard Ipsh*t delusion.

"not long before YOUR on the brink of administration again I suspect..."

Our what? Did you miss some words out?

The lack of basic literacy is to be expected I suppose. They don''t get much right after all.

King Keano wrote the following post at 18/07/2017 8:51 PM:

lharman7 wrote:

No crying here! We''ve done good business this summer whilst our rivals up the road continue to sell all their best players & replace them with unproven 4th tier Germans!

So you feared us then??? LMAO

[quote user="lharman7"]King Keano wrote the following post at 18/07/2017 8:51 PM:

lharman7 wrote:

So you feared us then??? LMAO[/quote]

Well it''s fairly obvious that you''ve had the upper hand in recent years. But you''ve sold a lot of key players and replaced them with unproven Germans so that gap is no more...

[quote user="King Keano"]I wouldn''t be worried about our finances whilst you continue with your fire sale!

The paupers who now can''t afford to keep hold of their best players....not long before your on the brink of administration again I suspect...[/quote]paupers ?£16m and less binner moneyagainstaround £70m wealthy canaries

King Keano wrote the following post at 18/07/2017 9:16 PM:

lharman7 wrote:
King Keano wrote the following post at 18/07/2017 8:51 PM:

lharman7 wrote:

So you feared us then??? LMAO

Well it''s fairly obvious that you''ve had the upper hand in recent years. But you''ve sold a lot of key players and replaced them with unproven Germans so that gap is no more...

We will see but I''m guessing our brand of football will still win over the shyte hoofball your lumpers will still be slugging away this coming season! Good luck with that!

[quote user="King Keano"]

Nothing at all to fear from you lot anymore[/quote]all our good players ?whereas all those left could still walk into you team4th tier Germanstrying telling that to Husband, Read and Watkins who I doubt are Germanthe reality is you''ve lost another few thousand seaon tickdet holders - so much that your club is too embarrased to publish how few there now are, Evans has trousered any transfer money and his even made off wit your training groundwhat''s left is a few old replica tins pots gathering dust, and a few thousand rustic halfwits to gormless to see that your grubby little club is going nowhereand as far as crowds go you will be closer to the numbers who watch Colchester play than us - so maybe you could move in with them at the appropriately named Cuckoo Farm

"Well it''s fairly obvious that you''ve had the upper hand in recent years. But you''ve sold a lot of key players and replaced them with unproven Germans so that gap is no more..."

Jacob Murphy has not been a key player in recent years. He only came to the fore last season. The entire ITFC first team wouldn''t fetch £12.5m in any case.

Dorrans has never been a key player whilst perhaps Howson''s days at Carrow Road had rightly come to a mutual and profitable end.

That''s a lot?

"Unproven Germans?" So you are an expert on German football then?

Gap?

Vrancic or Adeyemi? I ask you.

Husband or Iorfa (loanee?) I ask you.

Marley Watkins or Huws? I ask you.

Continue to "Mind the gap!"

[quote user="King Keano"]The paupers who now can''t afford to keep hold of their best players....not long before your on the brink of administration again I suspect...[/quote]"can''t afford to keep hold of their best players"You mean like Rhodes, Wickham, Cresswell, Mings and Murphy?"the brink of administration again"Unlike you, we''ve never been in administration.And the best bit......"The paupers"......who own their own ground and training ground, have a Category One academy, sell out their home games and don''t owe almost £100m.Will you be doing your Relegation Countdown Clock again this season Binboy?

"The entire ITFC first team wouldn''t fetch £12.5m in any case."£12.50p, more likehowever whatever it was Evans would make off with it, as he always has

He seems to have gone away ... perhaps punch drunk when faced with a few unpalatable home truths.

It comes to something when a football club''s prized assets are a couple of statues outside their (rented) ground. I do wish they could employ some company to clean off all that pigeon shite though.

Pity he''s gone though. I quite enjoy the occasional playground spat with a precocious binner.

It''s all one way too.

[quote user="hogesar"]See, this is the City 1st that I like. [:D][/quote]you can far cough for a start

"I have seen an email from Milne to NHS workers offering free tickets for

the game and they have told the NHS to let them know how many they need

!
" TWTD 19th JulyBlimey the drop in season tickets must be worse than I thoughtI wonder what King Binno will have to say about this

I quote like Emyr Hughes who they signed, however he''s their star signing yet he''d be a squad player here.

The only player Ipswich have who might get in our first xi is the keeper and that''s only because I''ve not seen Gunn play.

I suspect it is more a case of desperation than altruismand I would think more a priest to read the last ritesunless their CEO imagines that NHS staff could perhaps revive the dying binners, or even bring them out of the Chapionship coma they seem to have slipped into

[quote user="Barnacle Bill"][quote user="King Keano"]I wouldn''t be worried about our finances whilst you continue with your fire sale!

The paupers who now can''t afford to keep hold of their best players....not long before your on the brink of administration again I suspect...[/quote]paupers ?£16m and less binner moneyagainstaround £70m wealthy canaries[/quote]

"Wealthy" - is that why you''ve had to drastically slash your wage bill and sell all your best players and replace them with players from the German 4th Division?

Wealthy, is a relative termRelative to you paupers we are Rockerfellasand while you are here my little pitchfork jugglerwhy hasn''t your club released it''s ST sales, as per usual ?having to give out free tickets before the season has statrted doesn''t suggest all is well at poorman road