Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

The Doom Mongers Are Gathering.

Not a Webber fan, but if we get a squad together, working for each other, proud to be at Norwich, and with the fans united behind them - then however unlikely, I will dare to dream.

Hopefully not a repeat of Hughtons first game at Fulham though!

"that a guy like Farke".

you mean an unknown reserve team manager from Germany?

So then Tilly, convert me to put a positive spin on it, how is an untried foreign reserve team manager, getting rid of decent players and replacing them with a few loans, reserve team left back and unknown foreigners a positive thing? I''m all ears and look forward to being converted but as I said elsewhere the current owners are trying to run us on a 90s model and without investment we won''t move forward in my opinion, and again as I''ve said before we have had many chances to be better but again due to mismanagement at the top the fans have been let down.

Again as I said when Chase started to do what''s going on currently he was hounded out BUT we had our best ever spell in my time as a supporter of Cup runs, decent top flight finishes and even European football, yet people think Smith and Jones are great owners who have been blameless for what''s going on currently

" how is an untried foreign reserve team manager "perhaps you could remind us who were the managers during that successful run and what was their previous success before taking over

They were the first team managers of their respective clubs.

Unless of course you are referring to Gunn and Adams(with a very similar pedigree to Farke).

[quote user="Herman"]Image result for the raft of the medusaThey made it.[/quote]

More heading for the jungle before hitching a ride to England

Baldyboy can you just remind me of the managerial experience of Dave Stringer, Mike Walker and John Deehan at the time Chase appointed them ?

Haha all the people moaning about ''unproven'' players. That''s basically what Jacob was 12 months ago, right? Or Hefele, Mooy or Kachunga if we''re talking about foreign imports, or Scott Hogan if you don''t like the Huddersfield comparisons. Jeeeeez

[quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]They were the first team managers of their respective clubs.

Unless of course you are referring to Gunn and Adams(with a very similar pedigree to Farke).[/quote]what respective clubs were those ?

[quote user="FCC"]Not a Webber fan[/quote]

Can I ask why? Not looking to pick a fight, I just don''t see what''s not to like and admire about the guy''s track record.

You have to feel for the Doom Mongers (or do you?). Only last week they had the emotional rollercoaster of Oliveira to Reading/Wolves. The week before it was Howson leaving and Ruddy signing for Wolves and now it''s Murphy off to the Toon.Doom Monger''s in crisis or Doom Monger''s in heaven?Apples

[quote user="Mr Apples"]You have to feel for the Doom Mongers (or do you?). Only last week they had the emotional rollercoaster of Oliveira to Reading/Wolves. The week before it was Howson leaving and Ruddy signing for Wolves and now it''s Murphy off to the Toon.Doom Monger''s in crisis or Doom Monger''s in heaven?Apples

[/quote]I hope they can get some respite otherwise they''ll burn themselves out before the end of the transfer window.

"I hope they can get some respite otherwise they''ll burn themselves out before the end of the transfer window."Just imagine what''ll happen once they start their school holidays...Apples

There was a time when the board would say ''Every transfer window we attempt to come out of it with a stronger squad than when it started''   That now seems to have been forgotten about.

Hey, we might end up with a stronger squad even if the individuals aren''t as talented as Howson or Jacob.
I''m kind of pleased with myself for putting in the effort of bold-ing a couple of words.

[quote user="hogesar"]Hey, we might end up with a stronger squad even if the individuals aren''t as talented as Howson or Jacob.
I''m kind of pleased with myself for putting in the effort of bold-ing a couple of words.
[/quote]Are you still using Wordperfect?

Be careful old chapSome of the more senile on here started that, and are now stuck with it.One poor old codger uses a coloured font permanently, whilst another puts everything out in italicsBe warned

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="hogesar"]Hey, we might end up with a stronger squad even if the individuals aren''t as talented as Howson or Jacob.
[/quote]Are you still using Wordperfect?

[/quote]
[:D]
Long before my time although I understand Coral is still using the name for their office suite.

I''d like some questions answered by the doom mongers.

How would you like our club to go about its business?

Have any of you offered any alternatives to the way the club is running its business?

Do you think its wise of the club to splash the cash and sign expensive, more well known players?

Are you afraid of change?

Would you still be moaning if the club hadn''t gone down the path of a complete structure, ethos, management and squad personnel change?

Is it just the fact that you want our owners to sell up?

I eagerly (as will many others) await your insightful response.

Change? What change would that be. Over more than sixty seasons I''ve seen lots of changes. Owners, Coaches, Managers, Playing staff etc. It''s always been in flux.

What doesn''t change is the depressing inability to make a concerted step up to the next level. Perhaps it''s just wishful thinking to hope that we''ll ever be something better.

We all have our views, but I too have been a regular for almost 60 years, and the present setup at the Club gives me a good feeling for the future. Why some on here are so depressed I just don''t get it. We have sold or released a bunch of highly salaried players getting towards the end of their careers, plus one youngish player who might well become great, but last season finished with him warming the bench, with Irvine preferring the other Twin; also the Under 21s he was a good squad player, mainly coming off the bench. Turn the deal round and our fans would be shocked at the fee. My early days as a regular we were mainly a mid table 2nd Div team at best until the Saunders era in the early 70s. I for one am really looking forward to the new season with our new squad. OTBC.

ricardo wrote the following post at 18/07/2017 6:47 PM:

Change? What change would that be.

Sixty seasons you say ricardo? Maybe the eyesight has started to fail you a bit old chap.

I''ll give you one majorly important change that we have had this pre season, our first foreign coach.

You may think this is of little importance but id disagree. Farke is bringing a whole new philosophy to NCFC. One which myself and plenty of other supporters (young & old) are eagerly awaiting to see.

Jump on board, get behind the new regime or go support another team.

[quote user="ricardo"]Change? What change would that be. Over more than sixty seasons I''ve seen lots of changes. Owners, Coaches, Managers, Playing staff etc. It''s always been in flux.

What doesn''t change is the depressing inability to make a concerted step up to the next level. Perhaps it''s just wishful thinking to hope that we''ll ever be something better.[/quote]What exactly do you mean by "something better"? What exactly is "the next level"? Yes, you''ve seen many changes over sixty seasons; but the club has never previously departed from the "I want control over everything" stereotypical British managerial model, which is what lharman7 was obviously referring to. Why do you insist on seeing what the club is doing as retrogressive rather than progressive? 

Well with the usual suspects will come with their comments but next step is Southampton, benn pretty successful over the 40 years and pretty similar sized city with same type of structure.

They have moved on with a fantastic stadium, new owners and very good set up.

So why can''t we be Southampton?

I''m sure the Doom Mongers believe we should have held out for safe pair of British hands...like David Moyes, Simon Grayson, Neil Pearson, Kenny Jackett, Big Sam, Lambert?We want change...but actually not that big a change...in fact, steady on that''s a bit too radical.Meeewners gunna meeewn.Apples

Indy wrote the following post at 18/07/2017 7:19 PM:

Well with the usual suspects will come with their comments but next step is Southampton, benn pretty successful over the 40 years and pretty similar sized city with same type of structure.

They have moved on with a fantastic stadium, new owners and very good set up.

So why can''t we be Southampton?

And there hidden amongst a valid response lies the true meaning for the depressive state the doom mongers can not help but be...........new owners!

I''m not in the doom muggers just part of the Southampton rise from the same leve as us.

I''m just pointing out the answer to who is that next step, they are!

They bought players who turned us down if rumours are to be believed and no doubt are way ahead of this club in a short space of time.

Like it or not that''s part due to new owners.