Sign in to follow this  
Ginja

Klose & Pritchard Injury Update

I was worried Pritchard might, given how those injuries can be, would be out for several months or maybe most of the season.

So a minimum of six weeks (so probably 8-10 if his recovery goes well) is still grim-but a lesser case than the worse case scenario.

Back early November maybe?

From today, we will be looking at the start of September for Pritchard. Not ideal, but may also keep the Prem vultures away if he starts the season like he finished the last

Absolutely gutting, a pre-season friendly against a local team shouldn''t result in what could have been two terrible injuries. On the plus side, we have enough depth to cover and it gives some other players a chance to shine. I agree regarding Maddison, it''s a great time for him to show us what he can do. Pritchard was in good form too, so a big blow but hopefully the news isn''t too bad and he''ll be back in a couple of months.

Euuuwww, not good news. However...

Josh, Maddison, Wilschut, Wes and Naismith can play in Pritchard''s position and we have solid defenders in Zimmerman, Franke and Martin as centre halfs. We''ll need to bring in at least one more CB - and possibly would have done anyway - but its a blow. I also think it could mean more squad time for someone like Godfrey and Efete.

I did my ankle with minor ligament damage a couple years ago and it was three months before I was fully back on my feet.

Gutting as it''s two players we we''re hoping would be in the starting 11 at Fulham.

Still gives an opportunity to others to impress.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]From today, we will be looking at the start of September for Pritchard. Not ideal, but may also keep the Prem vultures away if he starts the season like he finished the last[/quote]
Estimates are Klose will September, Pritchard more likely October, that''s from Micheal Bailey anyway.

[quote user="Woodman"]Euuuwww, not good news. However...

Josh, Maddison, Wilschut, Wes and Naismith can play in Pritchard''s position and we have solid defenders in Zimmerman, Franke and Martin as centre halfs. We''ll need to bring in at least one more CB - and possibly would have done anyway - but its a blow. I also think it could mean more squad time for someone like Godfrey and Efete.[/quote]
[Y]

Tough on both of them, but have to look on the positive side and think that Pritchard missing the first few weeks of the season will mean he have more in the tank later in the season than some of the others who will have been playing all the time.  Could be our trump card as the season progresses.  

On the plus side, the earliest we might sell them is now the January window.

Not great, but we''re thankfully still talking of units in weeks rather than months, which is what we feared. Certainly wonder if we''ll be playing Cambridge again next season.

Meanwhile, on the positive side, Pinto and Wes seem not too far off.

[quote user="lake district canary"]...Pritchard missing the first few weeks of the season...[/quote]
He''s going to miss more than that, unlikely to see him feature August or September. Maybe late September if we are lucky.

Most injuries invariably take longer than early diagnosis, add in a good week or two for proper training, id hazard a guess Klose wont be in Champ action until late Sept / early October and Prichard mid October till mid November. Of course the first  few months of the season are littered with international breaks, but even so, would not surprise me if its 12-15 games into the season before both of them are in the first team. Add in the very long absence to a couple of other players. and its really  frustrating for Farke. Add in Pinto, who may / may not miss the 1st game or two, and its 4 or 5 guys unavailable before a balls kicked in anger.Season was going to be testing enough, all the more so for City now. As always thou, its chances for other guys to start the season with a chance to impress DF and cement a place.

A big blow there. Kind of makes me grateful that we will have an International break in September and October so thats 4 weeks recovery in which they won''t miss to many games.