Sign in to follow this  
Ginger Pele

Davenport

When Davenport leaves, what we going to do because we''ll still be left with only one decent centre half. I think we have to go all out to buy him. If the club are prepared to stump up £2m for Morrison then I think we should be prepared to go that extra for a significantly better player than Morrison.  Spurs are probably unwilling to sell him but if we can get him for £2.5m / £3m then that would be a fantastic signing. Shacks and Davenport at the back with Greeno has all the makings of great back five.

It will leave a massive hole when Dav goes back.  Personally, I don''t think we''ve got a hope in hell''s chance of buying him.  1)  I don''t think Spurs would sell.  2)  Even if they did I don''t think we could afford him.  And 3) If they did want to sell and we could afford him, I don''t think he''d come.  IMO he''s come here to get some games under his belt.  That''s all.  I think he''s eyeing a first team Spurs spot

I''m not saying I think Davenport would sign if we were to have a bid excepted, but no-one thought we could get huckerby here permanently either. Maybe if we''re looking good , i.e. like promotion material in january he could be lured by the prospect of first team football.

Our best change of signing him is to get promoted, I think only then would the player consider the move. If we can get him back on loan in jan that would be great. BTW what would be the max period he could return for, 3 months again?

Our best change of signing him is to get promoted, I think only then would the player consider the move. If we can get him back on loan in jan that would be great. BTW what would be the max period he could return for, 3 months again?

I think if were in the top 6 by January, and Spurs havnt got injuries then we will get him for the rest of the season. If we get promoted then why wouldnt he come to us perminantly, first-team Premiership football rather than sitting behind King, Dawson, Gardner, Huddlestone and Naybet and whoever else Tottenham decide to buy between now and then. Shackell and Davenport could well be our Carragher and Hyppia.

Green

Colin Davenport Shackell Drury

IMO, a Premiership qaulity back 5 and a hell of an improvement in what we started with last year. OTBC.

[quote]When Davenport leaves, what we going to do because we''ll still be left with only one decent centre half. I think we have to go all out to buy him. If the club are prepared to stump up £2m for Morrison...[/quote]

Ashton for Davenport exchange if Spurs are interested in him

[quote]I do hope that is in jest Shyster!?[/quote]

Not at all, Delia -- We''re seriously lacking in the defence department & as I''ve mentioned elsewhere, Ashton isn''t presently cutting the mustard & I my instincts tell me he''s going to stagnate the longer we keep him -- Davenport, on the otherhand, has quality in abundance & I''m adamant he''ll prove to be consistent in the long run -- Unlike Deano.

If Spurs are interested in Ashton & are prepared to let Davenport come here I think we should snap him up -- Especially if we can get half to a million quid included in the exchange.