Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Noriwch linked Norwegian striker Ohi Omoijuanfo

from homepage

That is according to The Sun, who claim the Canaries are competing with Championship rivals Sheffield Wednesday and Queens Park Rangers for the man who is currently the top scorer in the Norwegian top flight.

The 23-year-old has scored 12 goals in 17 league games for mid-table side Stabaek and recently earned his first international cap.

Omoijuanfo has represented under-17, U19 and U21 levels and recently made his debut at senior level in a 1-1 friendly draw with Sweden in June, having been an unused substitute for a World Cup qualifier three days earlier, a 1-1 draw with the Czech Republic.

As the forward’s father is Nigerian, he can still represent the African nation until he plays in a competitive match for Norway.

He came through the youth system at Lillestrom and played 91 games, scoring 10 goals, before starting 2015 with Finnish side Kuopion Palloseura and then scoring 17 goals in 33 games for Norwegian second tier club FK Jerv.

That earned him the move to Stabaek and he scored six goals in 34 games in 2016, although often featured as a substitute.

The speedy striker, who stands at around 6ft 1ins tall, extended his contract until 2020 earlier this year though and has been the star man for his club in 2017.

Never heard of him but sounds worth a punt. Speedy is what we need up top to compliment what we already have.

Surely Wednesday dont need anymore strikers? Im sure a move to City for Ohi O. would be a  smart thing to do. We could then call him Cleveland (or simply Cleve) for a nickname.

I think it would be nice to be linked to a player that I''ve actually heard of at some point, we seem to be taking a hell of a lot of punts!

I''m sure the next time the papers have a rumour they''ll run it by you first.

Can you still buy OMO.

I always preferred it to VIM when washing my smalls (very.) It never caused my yellow and green polka dot thong to fade.

We could do with one of those AJAX strikers as well, but this guy could DAZzle us all that''s for sure.

Can you still buy OMO.

I think it''s called Fairy Snow nowadaysHowever it would be a Bold moveWould love to see his super silky moves at City

Just trying to provide a little Comfort in your old age

and it''s Bill, if you don''t mind

If that''s aimed at me tired, even if the papers ran it past me first, I''d still have no idea who any of them are, would I? So that makes absolutely no sense!

[quote user="Barnacle Bill"]Just trying to provide a little Comfort in your old age

and it''s Bill, if you don''t mind[/quote]I  was rather hoping you might Vanish.

Barry Scott here.

Can we please get this thread back on track. This youngster seems a good shout, is doing well at the moment and it doesn''t seem that he''s just a Flash in the pan.

We''ve also interested in another German playerHans Datdudichezhopefully he''ll be a bit better than some of the wash ups we''ve signed recently

Actually calling this player Omo could cause problems with the PC brigade.

I am reminded of the time Ian Botham used to affectionately refer to his fellow England team mate Norman Cowans as ''Persil'' due to his colour.

Beefy would be in trouble with that nowadays.

i am sure people had not heard of Jamie Vardy Before he went to Leicester

We tried the expensive player and it did not work out

this lad is worth a shot scoring goals just got a international cap

he might be 3rd choice or even pushing for a place if he does well so why not wages would or should be within limits

i think a few Fans think we can go out a buy players now we have 10 mil + in transfers well we can but they have to be inline with next seasons wage budget so that cuts players we can sign down to unknown players like this

[quote user="norfolkngood"]i am sure people had not heard of Jamie Vardy Before he went to Leicester

We tried the expensive player and it did not work out

this lad is worth a shot scoring goals just got a international cap

he might be 3rd choice or even pushing for a place if he does well so why not wages would or should be within limits

i think a few Fans think we can go out a buy players now we have 10 mil + in transfers well we can but they have to be inline with next seasons wage budget so that cuts players we can sign down to unknown players like this[/quote]But this is just paper talk.Isn''t it. Isn''t it? [:P]

[quote user="Clint"]I think it would be nice to be linked to a player that I''ve actually heard of at some point, we seem to be taking a hell of a lot of punts![/quote]

Why would it be nice? Does it make it better if you''ve heard of a player?

For the curious, it seems UniLevers Omo is still manufactured, thou only abroad somewhere as that brand name. However it can still be attained by import, for those that are so nostalgic as to buy some.