Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

How Can We Reinvest ?? The big problem !

Well now it looks like Murphy has gone / going

we sit here with 15 million from transfers sales this season ( approx)

Now this is where the problem lies for me how can we reinvest that money ??

its not buying the players which is the problem we have the £15 million if that is not used for other things but say we had it all to reinvest in transfers

the wages that some £3 million pound players are 30 k a week we can not afford that

this season was all about getting the wages down but now we are in a position to buy players reinvest but next season if we do not go up afford the wages

so rock and hard place next season we have to cap wages pretty low so we can not buy players that are going to put us in the same position again

so what do you do ? fritter it away on Loans so you do not worry about next season wages ?? but then you have nothing to show for the money once it is gone it is gone if you do not go up

So even though we have the transfer kitty i still can not see how we will we see any signings of note we might afford a 5 million player but not the wages next season

Just seen that Boro are after Assombalonga for £14 million and that is where we cannot compete even with what appears now to be a decent kitty. Seeking out rough diamonds and promising youngsters here and abroad is our only way forward.

Realistically the majority of the money won''t be reinvested in the squad, more likely it will be banked and used to soften the blow of losing the parachute payments next season. Maybe if we are looking good in January there may be some released for a push for the PL then.

[quote user="JF"]Realistically the majority of the money won''t be reinvested in the squad, more likely it will be banked and used to soften the blow of losing the parachute payments next season. Maybe if we are looking good in January there may be some released for a push for the PL then.[/quote]

I think thats the most likely outcome. To be honest when we''ve sold a 22 year old from 12.5m then a strike like Assombalonga is touted for 14m and he cant stay fit for five minutes. A- it makes the fee for Murphy not look great but B- makes it absolutely vital to unearth rough diamonds rather than throw it all on a proven player. Our Scouting network better have made huge strides compared to last season as it now rests heavily on their shoulders whether this is a success or a c""k up.

To be fair Nutty unless the board have totally fucked the last few years up our category one status should be fairly secure for the foreseeable future without needing to sell one of our best young players.

[quote user="hogesar"]To be fair Nutty unless the board have totally fucked the last few years up our category one status should be fairly secure for the foreseeable future without needing to sell one of our best young players.[/quote]
I''d say otherwise Hoggy. I think we need a return on the academy either with players taking up squad places or sales. Preferably both. £3m a year is a lot of dosh for cat one. 

The grant was £750,000 originally. And cat one originally was closer to 2m. Steve Stone said 3m and creeping up now?
For me it''s a must. 

Aside from Bundesliga 2, and I doubt there''s a lot of talent there, where do we buy from?Championship prices went crazy, largely thanks to Villa (Kodija, Hogan, McCormack) paying over the odds for some fairly average players.It''s hard to look at the French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch leagues as either they wouldn''t want to come here, or wouldn''t have the required physicality and get knocked off the ball too easily.

Understand what you''re saying Nutty but the academy provided a couple squad positions last season and a key player in Jacob. Jacobs rise in fact allowed us to SELL canos for what we''d bought him for, 3 million or so. That''s great from one year.

I''m not totally adverse to seeing us profit from selling academy players it''s just a bit gutting when it''s one of your own and think he has a lot to offer including a rising value!

[quote user="hogesar"]Understand what you''re saying Nutty but the academy provided a couple squad positions last season and a key player in Jacob. Jacobs rise in fact allowed us to SELL canos for what we''d bought him for, 3 million or so. That''s great from one year.

I''m not totally adverse to seeing us profit from selling academy players it''s just a bit gutting when it''s one of your own and think he has a lot to offer including a rising value![/quote]
I posted elsewhere what I thought about this. 
[quote user="nutty nigel"]Wolfie, I''m gutted to lose Jacob. I''ve followed his progress for so long and watched him progress into the player he is now. I saw him a couple of season''s ago when he came back from Colchester. We had an U21 game against Chelsea and he was the best player on the pitch. He then had that great loan season at Coventry where I reckon that wily old binner Mowbray helped with his development. Came back last season and never looked back. Thanks to Jacob we didn''t really miss Redmond.
He''s a credit to our academy and his family. But deserves it himself having played through 6 loan spells. Nobody could fault his attitude although a few still did.
On the plus side I guess it should help secure out cat one academy and he plays in a position where we are blessed at the moment. Still a huge loss especially to those of us who love watching players come through.
[/quote]

[quote user="hogesar"]Understand what you''re saying Nutty but the academy provided a couple squad positions last season and a key player in Jacob. Jacobs rise in fact allowed us to SELL canos for what we''d bought him for, 3 million or so. That''s great from one year.

I''m not totally adverse to seeing us profit from selling academy players it''s just a bit gutting when it''s one of your own and think he has a lot to offer including a rising value![/quote]We didn''t ''sell'' him as such, he wanted to leave, and we got the best we could out of that leavingDid anyone on here complain when Maddison left Coventry for us. If the figures quaoted are anything to go by then it was an actual stealMaddisn was a Coventry lad, one of their own and possibly the first player with excellent prospects for them  and we take him for almost peanutsIt''s time some folk stopped endlessly whiningI don''t think we paid huge amounts for Godfrey, Efete and Lewis either.Jacob has gone, the money will add a good degree of stability to our finances, we have Josh to now focus on as well as other youngster (above) so why not be grateful of the time Jacob was with us, the goals he gave, the money we will have and wish him all the best

£14m for a player who has only made 25% of appearances in last 4 years is a gamble.

young hungry emerging players bought early, such as maddison, along with experience where needed (ie at CB) is what we are looking for.

We tried expensive, experienced and high skilled last season, and it was insipid and lethargic when it really mattered.

Fingers crossed Webbers new team can show they are better than the shambolic approaches from previous seasons - it is becoming the pedestal on which he will be judged

"We didn''t ''sell'' him as such, he wanted to leave, and we got the best we could out of that leaving"

HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT HE WANTED TO LEAVE WERE YOU IN THE NEGOTIATIONS DO YOU KNOW HIM PERSONALLY? HAVE YOU SEEN HIS CONTRACT ETCETCETC.

A fair point King, but consider this for a moment.How many players do you know of (especially ''younger'' players), that have turned down a lucrative Premier League deal to stay in the Champs?The game is absolutely dominated by and controlled by money, and there''s no doubt that pretty much any PL club can offer more in wages than we can, and can offer a level of football that we can''t in the process, so in fact it would be more of a shock if a player DIDN''T move rather than if they did.In truth the main argument in fact appears to revolve around how much we''re going to receive for Jacob, rather than any other factor.I''d also point out that we''ve already signed Watkins who had a very similar record to Jacob''s at this level last season, but who offers more defensive workrate and more consistent pass success, and he''s cost us nothing in transfer fees in the process...

@indy

It wasn''t a serious post, I was highlighting Bill''s love of shouting down any form of speculation on here.

[quote user="king canary"]@indy

It wasn''t a serious post, I was highlighting Bill''s love of shouting down any form of speculation on here.[/quote]
[:D]

well the problem seems solved from homepage we are still skint after this !

Fans shouldn’t expect City to make a big splash in the transfer market themselves as a result. City have already made seven signings this summer and the money from the sale of Murphy will clear the club’s overdraft, which built up after their relegation from the Premier League.

It is understood there will be money to do more business before the window shuts but City will continue looking for bargains whilst also possibly another Premier League loan.

norfolkngood wrote the following post at 19/07/2017 6:41 PM:

well the problem seems solved from homepage we are still skint after this !

Fans shouldn’t expect City to make a big splash in the transfer market themselves as a result. City have already made seven signings this summer and the money from the sale of Murphy will clear the club’s overdraft, which built up after their relegation from the Premier League.

It is understood there will be money to do more business before the window shuts but City will continue looking for bargains whilst also possibly another Premier League loan.

I honestly don''t see the club returning to the top flight again under these owners. There are plenty on here who would be up in arms at that statement and will highlight past seasons but the championship has changed massively now to the point where we can''t compete in the market with the likes of even wolves. I hope I''m wrong but I think we''re rode the wave to the top and now we''re coming back down

We sold the crown jewels with Murphy

no other player is worth 12 mil

so where do we go from here i thought we were near debt free ??

i knew we would not be spending big i understand that but we have sold near 15 million pounds worth and we still clearing a overdraft ??

first time i said this but they have not got the knowledge or funds to run the club

In the modern financial climate no they don''t. It is getting increasingly hard for a club like us to compete at the even the bottom end. Money in the premier league has truly ruined football

Those who want Delia and MWJ to quit need to take into account that it is potless Tom who will inherit their shareholding and the dynasty will unfortunately continue. We need a Webber/Farke revolution in the boardroom.

For someone professing to be "in the know" you don''t seem to know that much Norfolk.

well nigel i knew money was tight i knew that money next year was cut once more but i didnt know we had a big overdraft that was going to use up our transfer funds

i am more a transfer guy Nutty not finances !! ;-)

i will stop professing from now on x

I was told by someone who very much knows,that the finances were a mess over a year ago. I posted that on here and got the usual nonsense. The lesson is that if you know something it''s just not worth posting on here