Sign in to follow this  
Dorset Canary

Small Squad for Tomorrow Only...

Small squad for tomorrow only 16 fit players!

With preseason injuries our squad is depleted, hopefully we can come away without any more.

Am really enjoying the fresh start and no doubt we will add to the squad.

Friday''s match will be a stern test, won''t be surprised if Daniel is concerned, fingers crossed.

I must confess to being torn between being pleased they are being worked harder which hopefully translates to better long term fitness and a bit concerned at the number of injuries we are picking up coupled with the frequency of the matches. Some seniorish players are playing almost the full 90 minutes in most games .

Yes am definitely pleased they''re getting game time just hoping not too much.

Farke said he expected pre season injuries so no doubt reinforcements will follow.

Obviously the biggest problem Friday for the senior team is the U23''s are playing the same day.

I warned about players getting injured in pre-season a couple of weeks ago, after what happened last year.

There must be a way of gradually building fitness, with fewer risks ? So please don''t use these injuries as an excuse for a poor start to the season. And also don''t use the fact that players have to get used to playing together as an excuse - it''s the club''s choice to sell / buy so many.

Wenn Sie nicht verstehen, kann ich auch auf deutsch erklaeren, wenn es noetig ist - for sure !

john in exile in leeds wrote the following post at 21/07/2017 4:00 AM:

I warned about players getting injured in pre-season a couple of weeks ago, after what happened last year.

There must be a way of gradually building fitness, with fewer risks ? So please don''t use these injuries as an excuse for a poor start to the season. And also don''t use the fact that players have to get used to playing together as an excuse - it''s the club''s choice to sell / buy so many.

Wenn Sie nicht verstehen, kann ich auch auf deutsch erklaeren, wenn es noetig ist - for sure !

Just shut up!

Hopefully most of the unavailability is precautionary, so as not to aggravate or worsen a tired muscle. I suspect many of those not playing at the moment would be fit for a competitive game.

By the time we play Charlton and Brighton, I''d expect a full squad to be available.

John/Leeds, not much to do with fitness really, we lost Klose and Pritchard due to reckless challenges in a pre-season friendly. Sadly, that kind of thing is inevitable, just like the risk in real games.

We have reasonable squad depth though, as another poster said, we''re only a little tight on numbers as the U23''s are also playing, otherwise we''d naturally pinch a few of them as back-up options.

Besides, I would imagine we still might add another 1 or 2 signings before the season starts yet

I''m still hopeful we''ll bring another German centre half home on the plane... Leistner?

[quote user="lharman7"]Moan moan whinge whinge, do you ever wonder why?[/quote]

I understand that but look at the brilliant reply from AJ to counter it. Takes a bit of effort though....