Sign in to follow this  
Captain Birdseye

It's time to have an objective debate on the systemic issues at the club

We have had numerous Managers, Players, CEOs, coaches etc and the same old issues remain

The only consistent over the past couple of decades has been the Stowmarket 2.

Under their ownership we have had far more low''s than highs and the future looks even more bleak with finance becoming ever more important

Let''s give the new set up a chance but if it doesn''t deliver regular premier league football regularly and quickly then surely the only option is to force out the 2

I suspect the happy clappers who support the stowmarket 2 regardless will disagree but interested to hear the views of the more neutral fans in terms of their views on the club ownership

We''ve had highs and lows with all of our owners.Promotions and relegations.Players being sold.Players not being bought because we didn''t have the funds.What has been so different with the current owners?

issues ?what''s being issued ?and by who ?to whom  ?and when do these issues get issued ?(bless you)

People have issues over our owners not being wealthy. They stamp there feet, cry and throw there toys out the pram all because our owners wont sell up to Richard Branson or some foreign investor!

Sad really!

Captain Birdseye wrote the following post at 20/07/2017 4:31 PM:

Do you believe that finance won''t play an ever larger part in football success in the future?

Silly question. Yes, of course.

Do you believe or know of any vastly wealthy investors willing to pile large sums into our club?

"it doesn''t deliver regular premier league football regularly."

Are Smith & Wynn-Jones at Derby County?

At Aston Villa? At Sheffield Wednesday? At Boro? At Sunderland? At Reading? At Birmingham City? At Fulham? At Hull? At Leeds?

The list is endless and to say nothing of those Championship old timers ITFC.

The sense of entitlement is astonishing.

Yes we do have a right to be grieved at chances missed over the last few seasons. Yes, last season in particular was a cock-up both on and off the field. Yes we have had two lousy seasons in a row and yes it seems that the finances have been poorly managed of late BUT let''s get some perspective.

Our current set-up is becoming unique and staring it''s sell by date in the face but it has achieved enough success for the club in the recent past to justify a little more patience, especially with the recent re-structuring in mind.

Neither do I like the very personal aspect of the OP''s criticism for that stuff is anything but objective debate.

Objectively they deserve at least the chance to see if the present set-up succeeds.

Perhaps it''s just for one more season though.

BroadstairsR wrote the following post at 20/07/2017 4:35 PM:

"it doesn''t deliver regular premier league football regularly."

Are Smith & Wynn-Jones at Derby County?

At Aston Villa? At Sheffield Wednesday? At Boro? At Sunderland? At Reading? At Birmingham City? At Fulham? At Hull? At Leeds?

The list is endless and to say nothing of those Championship old timers ITFC.

The sense of entitlement is astonishing.

Yes we do have a right to be grieved at chances missed over the last few seasons. Yes, last season in particular was a cock-up both on and off the field. Yes we have had two lousy seasons in a row and yes it seems that the finances have been poorly managed of late BUT let''s get some perspective.

Our current set-up is becoming unique and staring it''s sell by date in the face but it has achieved enough success for the club in the recent past to justify a little more patience, especially with the recent re-structuring in mind.

Neither do I like the very personal aspect of the OP''s criticism for that stuff is anything but objective debate.

Objectively they deserve at least the chance to see if the present set-up succeeds.

Perhaps it''s just for one more season though.

Very much this. 👏

"Didn''t I say give the new set up a chance but if it fails time for a shake up of the ownership? Surely objective."

You did actually, although the reference to the "Stowmarket Two" remains derisory.

Some of the criticism of our majority shareholders has been far too personal in the past for my liking, although not particularly the case in your post (s.)

[quote user="Captain Birdseye"]Not a thread for you Bill this one is a serious debate[/quote]No it''s notit''s you Waveney, trying to stir the sh  it as usualanyone daft enough to think this is notis a complete idiot

ishhoo ishhoothe club falls down

Dear deluded of Waveney.

Hope you have realised over the past decade, we''ve done ok for ourselves. Ups and downs. We''ve challenged and done alright for ourselves.

How you portray us is as though far worse than our cousins down the road. This is far from the truth. We''re in relatively healthy state. We''ve a packed out stadium for how many seasons now.

We''ve a change compared to the underwhelming seasons last year but alas such muppets as you feel we deserve the world. Ooodles of money at our feet to spend as though a right to purchase any worthy player available.

It''s called football. We''re dealing with it and happen to compete against other teams who have the same divine right as us. It''s a dog eat dog footballing world.

Tell you what, if you don''t like how we''ve been since the turn of the century, then I suggest you support a team that suites your needs and desires.

[quote user="The Masked Raccoon "]Dear deluded of Waveney. Tell you what, if you don''t like how we''ve been since the turn of the century, then I suggest you support a team that suites your needs and desires.[/quote]You mean one that has unlimited supplies of scampi ?

The owners are not the only thing that has been consistent during this time-the fans have always been there-and the fans will always be there.

If your thread is really a serious one, then what are you going to do about it? I doubt that you have the balls to organise a protest against the owners, any more than any of the other serial whingers on here.

At least the happy clappers don''t start thread after thread repeating the same old ''fire sale'', ''heading for League 1'', ''German 4th duvusion rejects'' rubbish.

So actions speak louder than words. Do something or do us all a favour and Farke Off.

It is Waveneywhat are you bothering for ?you are only encouraging him

[quote user="Barnacle Bill"]It is Waveneywhat are you bothering for ?you are only encouraging him[/quote]A huge whiff of irony in that post City1st. [:D]

Says the biter in chiefand it''s Bill if you don''t mindthough young bill will doif only as to not get us confused

1) Waveny is a massive troll

2) There is a legitimate discussion to be had about the ownership model going forward.

If it is an objective debate why use the term "Stowmarket 2", no need for it, "majority share holders" would have been more appropriate. That all said I do believe that, unfortunately, they are just not wealthy enough in todays money mad football world. I am not suggesting we live way beyond our means, but if we cannot attract the appropriate fresh investment I see no reason why we cannot operate with say a £10M to £20M deficit rather than trying to balance the books.

Waveney isn''t the only one trotting out this line, although he is the most persistent. I''m just bored with reading the same old rubbish from the same old people. All words and no action.

People say ignore them and they will go away but they don''t. It''s not in their nature.

So I''m going to start calling them out.

I understand that Waveney actually goes to games unlike some of the repeat offenders so I don''t know why he persists in posting like a jerk!

The reason we can''t run at 10-20m deficit fjspsob is that very quickly that will leave us 50-100m in debt if we don''t get promoted, and if we do get promoted then we won''t have the financial clout we should have because well be servicing the debt.

Personally I like the fact we are self sufficient and balance the books. Yes, its frustrating seeing teams spend 15m on a championship player, but, that epitomises everything that is currently wrong with football at the moment, too much money and not enough sense. Call me boring but I''d rather have a club with a long term future than rely on a succession of wealthy backers who buy us as a status symbol.

nothing wrong with some thinking about the systems involved here.

- what waste is there?

- if only we had owners and management team that get involved with the work to understand whats happening

- challenge the purpose of the club

- get the employees to deisgn how they want to deliver the purpose

- use data to inform decisions

- fail fast, learn fast

surely that would guarantee success wherever it is applied.

[quote user="STFU"]

I understand that Waveney actually goes to games.....[/quote]He wasn''t there last night.........The PLASTIC! [:D]

[quote user="Barnacle Bill"]Says the biter in chiefand it''s Bill if you don''t mindthough young bill will doif only as to not get us confused[/quote]There is no confusing you with him Diabolical Bill.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="STFU"]

I understand that Waveney actually goes to games.....[/quote]He wasn''t there last night.........The PLASTIC! [:D][/quote]

Lappy my friend I couldn''t even tempt you to go to the Lowestoft game

[quote user="cornish sam"]The reason we can''t run at 10-20m deficit fjspsob is that very quickly that will leave us 50-100m in debt if we don''t get promoted, and if we do get promoted then we won''t have the financial clout we should have because well be servicing the debt.

Personally I like the fact we are self sufficient and balance the books. Yes, its frustrating seeing teams spend 15m on a championship player, but, that epitomises everything that is currently wrong with football at the moment, too much money and not enough sense. Call me boring but I''d rather have a club with a long term future than rely on a succession of wealthy backers who buy us as a status symbol.[/quote]

Totally agree