Sign in to follow this  
Captain Birdseye

It's time to have an objective debate on the systemic issues at the club

We don''t have mega rich owners.

We don''t have premiership money.

We do have a very big wage bill being reduced to meet the income of the club.

We don''t have Alex Neil & Poxy Moxey to drag us further down.

We do have an excellent prospect in Webber & Farke in changing the culture of over spending on poor old players.

We have some great young talent ready to make that step up to first team football.

We don''t have the pressure of expectations, so hopefully we''ll suprise a lot of people.

We do have Cat 1 with more youngsters with promise than in a long time.

There''s so much more to be excited about this season than last in my opinion.

As for Delia and her heirs they are here for the long haul, it''s theirs to run as they wish!

[quote user="Captain Birdseye"]Do you believe that finance won''t play an ever larger part in football success in the future?[/quote]I''m struggling with the notion of an objective debate with, at it''s heart, the very subjective question of what constitutes "football success" (or more accurately, "a successful football club"). 

I very much doubt Delia or Hubby have a long haul left in them they could be gone any day at that age . You see things may pick up quicker than everyone expects. , then it''s only Tom to get rid of and the family killing the club will be just a bad memory

[quote user="Time to go Delia"]I very much doubt Delia or Hubby have a long haul left in them they could be gone any day at that age . You see things may pick up quicker than everyone expects. , then it''s only Tom to get rid of and the family killing the club will be just a bad memory[/quote]Killing the club?How about YOU put your hand in your pocket, Mr f**king big man, and stuff millions into a football club only for miserable cu**s like you to sit there and call you every name under the sun for doing so?I''m utterly sick of the ''anti-Delia/MWJ'' brigade, coming on here and bit*hing about every little thing they can, when f**king NONE of you have the finances or ability to do what they''ve done for our club, and if you claim you CAN do that - WHY THE F**K ARE YOU SITTING POSTING RESPONSES ON A MESSAGE BOARD INSTEAD OF BUYING THE CLUB AND SHOWING US WHAT ''REAL'' OWNERS ARE LIKE???

Christ Indy Bones, who pissed on your chips?

The argument that you can''t be critical if you don''t have the money to buy the club is one of the dumbest arguments around.

[quote user="king canary"]Christ Indy Bones, who pissed on your chips?[/quote]The incessant, miserablist swines, that want to find fault with EVERY LITTLE THING at the club, whilst ignoring facts like how we spent 4 out the past 6 seasons in the prem, but apparently unless we are another club, it''s never good enough.[quote]The argument that you can''t be critical if you don''t have the money to buy the club is one of the dumbest arguments around.[/quote]My argument isn''t that, it''s simply that if a poster can do NOTHING but criticise the people in charge, why don''t they step up and put their own millions on the table and do a better job?It''s absolutely fine to point out that mistakes have been made over the years, and that with the benefit of hindsight we could (and probably should) have done some things differently, but that''s a world away from constantly claiming that our owners are ''killing the club'', and using nothing but derogatory terms like "The Stowmarket 2" etc to describe them.There must be hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of fans all over the world that would kill to be in our position, as even if we are a ''yo-yo club'' that flits between the prem and champs, that''s still a hell of a lot better than people who''s local club play in the Albanian 4th division or whatever, and we''re arguably (in terms of ability, finances, stadium etc) one of the top 150 clubs in the world, yet this is STILL not enough, much like how Arsenal fans kept wanting Wenger out because apparently 16+ years of CL football, a few league titles and cup wins simply isn''t good enough any more...

Totally agree with you Indy, lots of people on here with big mouths but no action.

Meh, if people on message boards bother you that much I''d suggest just taking a breath. It''s fairly easy to spot which people are just being negative for the sake of it and ignore them.

It is an interesting phenomenon the happy clappers generally don''t tend to live and therefore don''t have the same emotional ups and downs that the real fans have to go through week in week out

I suppose it is easier to have an optimistic view of things if you don''t invest much in the way of emotional ties to the club

[quote user="king canary"]Meh, if people on message boards bother you that much I''d suggest just taking a breath. It''s fairly easy to spot which people are just being negative for the sake of it and ignore them.[/quote]Easy to spot them...So... difficult... to... ignore...Must... ignore...[;)]

Without meaning to sound heretical, the binners forum has an option to put people on ignore so you don''t see their posts. Would work wonders here.

[quote user="king canary"]Without meaning to sound heretical, the binners forum has an option to put people on ignore so you don''t see their posts. Would work wonders here.[/quote]Binner.

Waveney sadly is only interested in trying to impresss his mates with his clever 😂 posts👍

[quote user="Van wink"]Waveney sadly is only interested in trying to impresss his mates with his clever 😂 posts👍[/quote]He has mates?

Trying to have a sensible debate on the future and the usual suspects can only contribute by personal insults

I suppose that is to be expected with the generally low IQ levels on here

[quote user="Captain Birdseye"]Trying to have a sensible debate on the future and the usual suspects can only contribute by personal insults

I suppose that is to be expected with the generally low IQ levels on here[/quote]I simply don''t have the mental capacity to compete with intellectual heavyweights such as yourselves, Waveneys.

[quote user="cornish sam"]The reason we can''t run at 10-20m deficit fjspsob is that very quickly that will leave us 50-100m in debt if we don''t get promoted, and if we do get promoted then we won''t have the financial clout we should have because well be servicing the debt.

Personally I like the fact we are self sufficient and balance the books. Yes, its frustrating seeing teams spend 15m on a championship player, but, that epitomises everything that is currently wrong with football at the moment, too much money and not enough sense. Call me boring but I''d rather have a club with a long term future than rely on a succession of wealthy backers who buy us as a status symbol.[/quote]Couldnt have put it better myself, Cornish Sam i applaud you.

[quote user="king canary"]Without meaning to sound heretical, the binners forum has an option to put people on ignore so you don''t see their posts. Would work wonders here.[/quote]Best suggestion this Century.

wcorkcanary wrote the following post at 20/07/2017 9:51 PM:

king canary wrote:

Without meaning to sound heretical, the binners forum has an option to put people on ignore so you don''t see their posts. Would work wonders here.

Best suggestion this Century.

👍

[quote user="Captain Birdseye"]Right I am off to bed some of us have to work in the morning to pay for your benefits[/quote]What do you do for a living, Waveney? Genuinely interested.