Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Benny Ashley-Seal on trial at Chelsea

from home page

Benny Ashley-Seal on trial at Chelsea

Anyone know anything about him or seen him play ??

must have something about him if Chelsea are trying to sign him from us

Leicester were trying to sign him earlier in the window as Hjalko wanted to take him there after working with him at Norwich. Regarded the brightest talent in that age group and was at Arsenal''s academy when a little younger.

His contract is up and if he moves Norwich will be given a tribunal fee, however will only be minimal as he wasn''t at Norwich very long - some of the money will go to Arsenal.

Chelsea harvest up vast numbers of young players, so getting into their youth set-up isn''t necessarily as hard as other similar sized team''s.

Cheers Bethnal is he at under 23 level or youth or is there any chance he could break through on the bench of 1st team ? or is he some way off ??

we could do with a young striker coming through

just a shame we could not keep him here i imagine we have tried if he is a good as you say

He was offered a pro contract in May and rejected it Kingo. Next thing we heard was he was off to Leicester but obviously didn''t sign.

Would it go to a tribunal still bethnal? I thought that the EPPP did away with such things and wed get a set amount dependent on age and how long he''d been at the club?

We don''t want our best young players poached . He has far more chance of first team games here than Chelsea.

He could have tried out in some 1st team pre season games. Could he be bribed with league cup outings if he stays.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Has he got the same agent as the Murphy''s ?[/quote]

Think he must have - we get to hear about his every move. Quite concerning for someone who hasn''t played a first team game yet!

He has already left the club, his contract expired 1st July, like all other player contracts.

Ashley-Seal is older than 16 so is liable for a tribunal, the EPPP rules apply to those under 16, although as Nutty says he hasn''t been at Norwich too long then the tribunal fee will be minimal.

Young players come and go and it isn''t worth getting to fixated on it. Looks like Norwich might be picking up Adam Phillips from Liverpool who was regarded the ''next Gerrard'' at one time.

For a young guy he''s been around the houses quite a bit! You''d have thought trying to come through here as a stepping stone (following recent events with Murphy) was easier than at a PL club, certainly Chelsea who have dozens of young players on their books and farmed out on loan in any given season.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Looks like Norwich might be picking up Adam Phillips from Liverpool who was regarded the ''next Gerrard'' at one time.[/quote]Any new info on that, Bethnal? Saw the rumour a couple of weeks ago, but nothing since.

Phillips is in Germany with the youth team, along with Pierre Xavier and Will Wright. You wouldn''t imagine Norwich would take them unless there is a real chance they will sign them.

Webber was working for Liverpool academy when Phillips was coming through there, so you''d think he would know all about him. I think the other two would more be signings with the development squad in mind.

The U23s have to play a full season, and not all players signed for that team will be ones the club realistically thinks can make the step up, but are there so the team can meet its requirement to play all the games.

As Beth said he left the club instead of signing a pro contract. Was expected to sign for Leicester after Dmitri Hajalko went but as yet hasn''t signed for anyone.

If he decided we were his best option after all you have to wonder if the pro contract offer we made would still be on the table. What do you think Beth?

Call me old-fashioned, but I wouldn''t want him back with that sort of attitude.Clearly feels that he''s better than us, and whilst I''d enjoy the irony of seeing him come crawling back if neither Leicester or Chelsea offer him a deal, how could anyone in the management team feel secure in his commitment levels knowing that he''s already done this?It''s about time some of these young players stopped listening to agents who only care about lining their own pockets tbh.

Can''t see why he couldn''t walk back into Norwich if the club were still prepared to take him. If he was as good as some of the reports then can''t see why the club wouldn''t welcome him back either.

Seems Benny doesn''t mind bouncing between clubs a little and with Prem teams hunting him you''d imagine he''ll end up somewhere there. If all this chopping and changing is good for his development is another matter

Best I saw him play for us was the televised game at Liverpool last spring. He was a real handful that day. We didn''t see so much of him at home games due to Lafferty continually getting a run out.

Interested to see where he ends up.

How can you beat the recent example of Murphy.

Get a reasonable wage do well for a season and then become a multi millionaire. If your at a richer club they may hold onto you a bit too long.

Unless they pay over 5-10k a week in the under 23s there what is the point.

I think that''s a little unfair on Jacob buddy. He worked really hard to get where he has. He willingly did the hard stuff, he went out on loan 6 times? 
But you are right a young player at one of the top clubs will probably never get the opportunity to get the sort of deal Jacob did. 

What is the point of the academy if this is going to happen.

Similar to 1st team, we will just be left with the dross.

[quote user="simmo_2"]What is the point of the academy if this is going to happen.

Similar to 1st team, we will just be left with the dross.[/quote]

I have seen him play a few times and it is my opinion (for what it''s worth) that he is a long way from a first team place.

[quote user="simmo_2"]What is the point of the academy if this is going to happen.

Similar to 1st team, we will just be left with the dross.[/quote]

If the Academy works well, and we arent servicing massive debt , then there''s no reason why, even if we do sell some promising youngsters, that the Club cant be successful.  Think ''Anglian Ajax'' .

[quote user="Fromage Frais"]How can you beat the recent example of Murphy.

Get a reasonable wage do well for a season and then become a multi millionaire. If your at a richer club they may hold onto you a bit too long.

Unless they pay over 5-10k a week in the under 23s there what is the point.[/quote]I think they do with some players. That''s why it is not a bad move for some of them. Whilst there will be more opportunities at "lesser" clubs, there are no guarantees that things will work out and turning down a big contract at that age would be a gamble.