Sign in to follow this  
Ginja

Tonight's Match - Livestream available

What a ball straight from the defence to win that penalty, lovely stuff, great penalty from Jerome as well, unsavable.

What do we think of it so far?

Personally I''ve found it absorbing. They''re good opposition, & have twigged to close down on Angus to disrupt our probing from starting at the back. I don''t think I''ve ever seen us string so many passes together -

somewhat a la Swansea I thought.

Naismith just doesn''t look good enough quality. He hustles & bustles & makes himself available though.

Still a problem with defence, where a simple long ball can completely unravel us. Seems to be happening mostly on our left. Their goal was typical of our casual defending last season; a tad worrying that.

http://myfeed2all.eu/watch/556555/2/watch-arminia-bielefeld-vs-norwich.html
working for me.
As HR says, tempo a bit stop/start, suggesting tired legs out there. As in the last game, both our goals came from direct play, with the long ball being chased down, the second a somewhat gratuitous penalty award. Defence has looked sound pretty apart from the AB goal, which came in that apparently habitually vulnerable period after we scored. One thing that does seem to have been put to rest is the long-standing inability to clear corners: Zimmermann and Franke get their heads to pretty much everything, and a decent distance clear of the box too.

@ron obvious
I disagree that the defence still looks as vulnerable as before to simple long balls; their goal came from lack of midfield concentration just after we''d gone ahead. Otherwise I''d say we''ve looked nice and solid.

Positives

We now have a clear style of play

We have defenders who are comfortable with the ball

Vrancic and Watkins look decent

Negatives

Tettey doesn''t suit the system

Husband doesn''t look that great (however only 2 games in so harsh to judge)

Gunn needs to be better with his passing - go out wide instead of going long when under pressure.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Positives

Negatives

Gunn needs to be better with his passing - go out wide instead of going long when under pressure.[/quote]
My feelings as well, Tettey seems to be something of a relic on the pitch unable to cope with the new style.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="mrs miggins"]Positives

Negatives

Gunn needs to be better with his passing - go out wide instead of going long when under pressure.[/quote]
My feelings as well, Tettey seems to be something of a relic on the pitch unable to cope with the new style.
[/quote]Agreed - Reed needs to start before Tettey in said position and formation.

[quote user="Jools"][quote user="Ginja"][quote user="mrs miggins"]Positives

Negatives

[/quote]Agreed - Reed needs to start before Tettey in said position and formation.[/quote]
To be fair I think there is some adapting and gelling to happen yet, Tettey might just need time break out of the rigid system we played previously. Old habits die hard.

I love the way we play already. For years we''ve been signing small, technical players but only now are we playing a style that suits them! Expect the likes of Naismith to really shine next year. The players are all vocal, we don''t release the ball unless it''s sensible to do so, we have a clear structure, our defenders like to defend, we have a plan in attack instead of relying on individual quality.

So excited for next season!

Loving the advice coming from Farke to the defenders in how to play the ball out of defence without putting pressure on colleagues, Hope they take it in!

Tettey looking much more comfortable this half though. Our left back on the other hand look a little out of place in our team imo (so far)

[quote user="Ginja"]Tettey seems to be forcing a square peg into a smaller round hole.[/quote]

He does seem off the pace in this set up.

Really interesting too to hear the coaching staff urging the players to press all the time, and giving as good as they get if they try and argue back. Love the lack of commentary.

On Husband, remember Zimmermann had a shaky start in our team but the last two games he''s been immense. For me the players who have struggled a little ie Husband, tettey, Martin and Gunn are not surprisingly the players who have joined up for pre season late. I''m sure more time working with Farke will have them up to speed.

Although Franke''s settled in extremely well, I haven''t seen him be anything but perfect in the last two games

From what I have seen so far there will be guaranteed shouts of ''get it forward'', but I like what I see.

Wonder how the opposition fans feel, getting completely out played, out worked and out thought by an English second tier team two weeks behind their team in preparation? 3-1 now! They were loud at the start, silent now, which I''m not surprised about, we''ve been extremely impressive

Enjoying this very much, Josh looking good and finding lots of space out wide early second half. Look pretty comfortable with the back three, promising signs

Only just remembered this, switched on and the first action I see is a great goal from Oliviera-great strength, control, pace and finish!

Very impressed with what I saw. Our passing was superb. Nice fluid movement. Very strong no nonsense at the back yet composed. Franke was particularly impressive.